Official July 2018 Thread!

OMG. WHAT A SH*T SHOW!!!

MDE on my laptop kept showing me Olaf with his head off, so I used my iPhone. Then my iPhone had a circle that went around and around and around until I wanted to stick a fork in my eye!!! By 7:30am, both devices were functioning, and I was able to begin.

This tier situation is a nightmare. The hour-long window of not being able to fast pass anything else is awful. We like to go early to the parks...get in, get out. It's hard to do that when you have to spread out 3 fast passes and still have an early lunch reservation.

I'm done, but not everyone will be happy. Epcot was the hardest. Everyone wanted Soarin', Frozen, and Test Track. Well that's impossible. In MK, there is no Astro Orbiter FP. Monsters Inc., didn't have any FP until after 1:30pm when we are already swimming in our Polynesian Resort pool. Good thing that we are early risers. That might be our only chance to ride so many beloved rides that I couldn't fast pass.
Keep looking. Same thing happened to me earlier this week. I had 3 devices and the app and main site all crashing. I couldn't find decent times or what we wanted. A couple days later I saw people posting here that availability was wide open. So keep checking. You may find everything you want/when you want it in a day or two.
ETA: cant help on the tiers though. Head over to the fast pass main thread and you may find some touring tips for scheduling fp and still riding everything you want.

The hour-long window of not being able to fast pass anything else is awful. We like to go early to the parks...get in, get out. It's hard to do that when you have to spread out 3 fast passes and still have an early lunch reservation.

I totally agree with this. Especially when you have a FP for 10:05 for one ride, and it won't let you get another one for 11:00! One tip I read on these boards is to use your first FP late in the window, then do your 2nd one right away, and try to move up the time on the 3rd if you want to use them all closer together.

Fastpass day for us they are centered around toy story land but excited to get both rides over our short weekend trip. I really didn't think with us just staying 2 nights that would happen but it did :)

That's awesome. I'm helping a friend book their fastpasses in a couple of months and their trip isn't very long and I know their kids really want to do the TSL rides or at least one of them. That gives me a lot of hope.

So we're only doing one day at HS. I would like to try to do both new Toy Story rides. We plan on getting there for 7am rope drop. Which ride should I FP and which one should I RD? It will be me, my mom, DS4 and DD2. DD will be too small for Slinky Dog but I know my DS will love it. My FP day is Saturday so I need to decide soon! My thought is to RD Alien Swirling Saucers (just can't get myself to abbreviate that one lol) and FP SDD.

So we're only doing one day at HS. I would like to try to do both new Toy Story rides. We plan on getting there for 7am rope drop. Which ride should I FP and which one should I RD? It will be me, my mom, DS4 and DD2. DD will be too small for Slinky Dog but I know my DS will love it. My FP day is Saturday so I need to decide soon! My thought is to RD Alien Swirling Saucers (just can't get myself to abbreviate that one lol) and FP SDD.

I would go with your plan of fp SDD and rope dropping AS. It seems like SDD will be the ride most people flock to.

Made my FPs this morning and I got everything I wanted, for the days and times I wanted including FOP, TSM & SDD. We didn't get to do FOP last time because we went not long after Pandora opened and for a shorter trip than normal so I was super excited to get it this time. As for Toy Story Land, TSM is one of our favorite rides and between SDD and the Swirling Aliens, my family would much rather ride the Slinky Dog.

I did get the broken Olaf when I first tried this morning but he finally went away after 15 mins and then it was smooth after that (luckily within that 15 mins I was able to get my 3 priority FPs).

So here is how I did:
7/21 - Star Wars, TSM & TOT
7/22 - Space Mtn, BTM & SDMT
7/23 - Navi, Safari & Kali Rapids
7/24 - Spaceship Earth, LWTL & Soarin
7/25 - RRC, SDD & Muppets
7/26 - HM, JC & Splash Mtn
7/27 - Dinosaur, FOP & EE
7/28 - Nemo, TT & MS
7/29 - POC, PP & Buzz
7/30 - HM, BTM & Space Mtn

My turn (finally)! Did my FP+ this morning and got everything I wanted including SDD and FOP twice each. We have 10 park days. Was able to get all of them pretty close to the time I wanted with the exception of FOP on day 6. Wanted an AM time but the earliest I could get was 12:20. This was also the very first one I booked right at 6am CST.

Now to sit back and wait for the trip! Or obsessively tweak my plans and adjust FP times up until right before the trip because I’m crazy.

Another successful report for Slinky Dog Fast Passes Screenshot-2018-5-26 FastPass+ Planning(1).png ! The only FP I had a hard time with was Fantasmic!, go figure. I want the 9pm show, but it's just me & my SIL so, we'll figure it out.

Now to sit back and wait for the trip! Or obsessively tweak my plans and adjust FP times up until right before the trip because I’m crazy.
I'm in the same boat! I think over the last week (and due to an unexpected problem), I've tweaked our plans to the point that DW isn't sure what we are doing anymore. LOL

We made our final payment yesterday and added another day at the beginning, so now we're at Pop from July 6th until the 20th! One night hotel only was $240 usd. I'm hoping that we won't have to move rooms because I could only book it as a separate reservation due to the package that we got for the main portion.

It’s a problem, but a fun problem! ;) I know my family is so sick of me starting sentences with “So I’m thinking of changing something on our Disney trip...”
I went back to bed after making that post. When I woke up, the first words out of DW's mouth to me were "so how do you feel about changing our resort..." I almost fell out of bed laughing! But we made another change :rotfl2:. At this point, I'm pretty sure there is a note attached to my file with Disney that says "Don't finalize anything, will make 472 changes before check-in".

That's awesome you got in before 7!
Well the Disney tech gods made me pay for it by taking an HOUR to make FP for 5 days. Again I used the app, my laptop and an iPad alternating between the app, safari, and chrome. Chrome seemed to work best, but after every FP made I'd get Olaf and then have to log out/log in, try again. People kept disappearing and reappearing from plans. I eventually got everything I wanted at times I wanted but it took more than a little effort.

Well the Disney tech gods made me pay for it by taking an HOUR to make FP for 5 days.
Oh wow! The last time I had the tech gods unhappy with me, I was on the phone with them for 2 hours trying to transfer the Memory Maker DW bought to our main MDE account. Eventually, I just ended up going with APs when we got to the park. Was soooo much easier...

I'm just glad the ADR site isn't acting up right now. I've been playing with our ADRs for the last 24 hours. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter