***Official June 2018***

Got all my ADRs yesterday except for one. For some reason it looks like Teppan Edo isn't available for booking after June 6.
I had the very same problem. We want to go there on June 11th for lunch at 2pm, but no availability. I called Disney Dining and they couldn't help either. They said that the calendar doesn't show a closure or anything...just "they must not have their booking loaded. Check back." So I made a reservation for Tokyo Dining as a place holder. I will be checking back though, as I have heard really good reviews of Teppan Edo and I really want to give it a try. Good Luck with your efforts too! If I have any luck, I'll post it here for you.

For now, our plans are: Skipper Canteen, 50s Prime Time, Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, (Universal Studios Day), Tusker House, Sanaa, Tokyo Dining (Hope to change to Teppan Edo), Yak and Yeti, Ohana, and Be Our Guest. Yippee!!!

<update: I’ve decided on Marrakesh as the backup plan if Teppan Edo doesn’t open up. Belly dancing and Baklava vs sushi and Japanese chefs throwing food....either one sounds good! >

Last edited:
I booked my plane tickets today! I had hoped to wait until after Christmas but 4 of the return flight options had sold out and a couple others had gone to insane prices so I didn't want to risk it! The flight out's price had really not changed at all the past couple months so I decided it wasn't worth the worry to wait to
For maybe a cheaper price later!

Last edited:

I booked my insane tickets today! I had hoped to wait until after Christmas but 4 of the return flight options had some or and a couple others had gone to in price so I didn't want to risk it! The flight out's price had really not changed at so the past couple months.
I went through that a month ago when I bought mine. There was one screwy Sunday morning when normally the tickets price out higher than any other day of the week, but they were REALLY exceptionally low, and dummy me decided "oh! I'll bet they'll go lower if they're pricing low on a Sunday!"

They did not.

At all.

I lost about $200 by not jumping on it.

We had an awesome trip over Thanksgiving week, I was hoping to book a bounce back June 6th-15th. The discounts were not really that great so we are waiting and watching until Summer discounts are released. Anyone else waiting on discounts to book?

Pembo / June 9-11 / Coronado Springs / Pre-cruise
Joining in - Coronado Springs June 9-11
Added on before our beach trip. Hoping for no rain this year as it rained ALOT on our big June 2017 trip.

Ok you're in, welcome aboard! Here's hoping, we had some big rain showers around the first week of June as well, it didn't stop us but sure does make you feel a little miserable!

June 2 - 10, Port Orleans Riverside. Party of 4. Can't wait to go back!

Got you added too, welcome aboard! We can't wait either, I was looking at some last minute options for myself (solo trip) that week between Christmas and NY and of course everyone else has beaten me to all the good rooms ;)

You're in, welcome aboard!

Girl, I got you on here so I guess you better tell your husband it's on! As you know, there's no lies on the internet, not at all ;)

I BOOKED!! I BOOKED!!! DH agreed (caved) and now we're headed to Disney officially!! June 8-14, 2018 in a 2 br villa @ Boulder Ridge Villas @ WL!!

SOoooo excited!! This is our first villa stay ever!! :thumbsup2

and my 180 ADR day is TOMORROW!! YIKES!! thank goodness I'd already made a spreadsheet!! :jumping1:

DD will be 16. DS will be 11. They have inherited my love of all things Disney. POR is our favorite resort.
My DS is 12, and absolutely LOVES having someone to pal around with at the pool, if you're interested and schedules work out!

Ok so when we got home we usually leave in the morning. This year our flight home doesn't leave until 8 that night which means we won't get picked up by ME until 4! What works you do with a day like this? Should we buy 6 day park tickets instead of 5? Or do we just swim that morning? Looking at tp crowd calendar it had Saturday (our departure day) as a lower crowd day than the rest of our trip!

Ok so when we got home we usually leave in the morning. This year our flight home doesn't leave until 8 that night which means we won't get picked up by ME until 4! What works you do with a day like this? Should we buy 6 day park tickets instead of 5? Or do we just swim that morning? Looking at tp crowd calendar it had Saturday (our departure day) as a lower crowd day than the rest of our trip!
our departure day is the same way - so I went ahead and bought tickets for the last day - I mean, a 1/2 day in the park is better than no day!! on past trips when we flew out before lunch we'd just do the pool but our fight leaves at 5pm so it's MK for us!!

Last edited:
ADRs booked - CHECK! :cheer2:

I was up at 6am this morning and booked all 15 of our reservations - yikes! That's a lot of eating!! :faint: Can't wait for it to begin!

:drinking1popcorn::

My wife, myself, and two girls are staying at Fort Wilderness 6/9 - 6/19 in our camper. First time at the Fort since I was a child. Our 3rd trip as a family (Contemporary and Beach Club). Made all my ADRs this morning except for Teppan Edo, which is our favorite. Disappointing. Was also planning Spirit of Aloha Luau on Monday the 18th, but no shows on Sundays or Mondays. So looking for another choice on Monday (our last full day).

OK, I saw on anther thread everyone was sharing some of the "firsts" that will be happening on their trips - and it looked fun so I stole their idea and thought we could share over here to pass the time!

I'll go first....:hyper2:

First time on the Anna/Elsa ride (it opened the day after we left on our last trip!!)

First time seeing all the Pandora stuff/rides in AK
(Hopefully) First time seeing the new Toy Story Land since I just know it will open a week before our trip....(one can hope right??) pixiedust:

First time staying at the Boulder Ridge Villas at WL

a few first time meals: California Grill, Flying Fish since it re-opened and Le Cellier (since 2009)

First time doing the KEYS TO THE KINGDOM TOUR !!!!! (so freaking excited about this!!!) :worship::worship::cool1::cool1::cool1: :dancer:

My youngest turns 16 in Feb so he'll be officially 16 in June which means we're all adults and can go on the tour!! EEEEKKK!!

oh, and DH and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on the trip which is a first for both of us....:rotfl2:

What are some of the firsts you'll be experiencing on your trip??

My wife, myself, and two girls are staying at Fort Wilderness 6/9 - 6/19 in our camper. First time at the Fort since I was a child. Our 3rd trip as a family (Contemporary and Beach Club). Made all my ADRs this morning except for Teppan Edo, which is our favorite. Disappointing. Was also planning Spirit of Aloha Luau on Monday the 18th, but no shows on Sundays or Mondays. So looking for another choice on Monday (our last full day).
There are a bunch of Epcot restaurants that aren't showing availability in June, which leads me to believe they just haven't opened the reservations for booking yet. We want Teppan Edo, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter