***Official June 2018***

Everytime I tell people we’re going for nine days they look at me like I’m insane! But theres just so much to do, I’m really looking forward to a more leisurely place.

Right now we don’t have park hoppers, but I’m thinking of adding then just in case we get some 1.5 park days.

Yes it's crazy! I know some people don't understand why we keep going to Florida for vacation but we have my FIL's timeshare there, so often we don't pay for hotel. This time we're doing a split stay half at POR and the other half at the timeshare so that helped our pricing a lot! We didn't go to FL last year because we were saving or this trip but did go with hubby to Chicago for 5 days for a conference. It was fun to go some where new and totally different than where we live or normally go. This will probably be the only Disney trip for a few years, unless we upgrade to AP's but I am not hopeful on that LOL. In 2020 hubby and I are taking an adult only cruise for our 20th anniversary, so next year will likely be no big vacation, may be go to the beach and use my FIL timeshare for that as well.

I think I could do Disney for 3 week and still feel like I need more time! We plan to take our time, our youngest has some special needs and can't be in the hot sun (middle of the day) long at all, so we like breaks and taking it slow. 9.5 days could easily turn into 14 or more if we had extra $$$ lol

@RocketCityMama - we were gifted a timeshare many many years ago- and it has very low maintenance fees although it's an excellent trader (fees are so low I can go to any TS presentation and just ask them to beat what I've got-they can't do I get my freebie and walk out under an hour lol). But it's how we do many trips-especially 2 week Florida ones. We are doing same thing this year-5 days at FWcabins -have a couple days to play with-toying with onsite Universal vs beach, then another week in our timeshare. This is where the AP comes in handy- no parking fee. Was very nice to leave the craziness and crowds at WDW and go back to our peaceful resort at Thanksgiving.
But we are taking a break for a few years after this trip (i think lol).

Hey guys, so since the new 2018 changes in snack allotments, I have been doing some research on what has changed and what now qualifies as a snack. I think I have made my plans and figured out where we want to try for some good value snacks at the parks. My question now is about Disney Springs. We haven't been there since the switch from Downtown Disney, except in 2016 when we were there during the hurricane that shut down all the parks. Fun!! Anyway, we plan to do an entire day at DS and I didn't know how the dining credits work there. None of the menus I have seen have the purple squares next to items, so I assume they don't do that at DS. How does one know where to get a snack, or what qualifies? Do you just have to ask at each spot whether they take DDP? Is it only certain places that do, or does every dining location there accept DDP now? I have looked some online but cant find much updated info. Help?

@RocketCityMama - we were gifted a timeshare many many years ago- and it has very low maintenance fees although it's an excellent trader (fees are so low I can go to any TS presentation and just ask them to beat what I've got-they can't do I get my freebie and walk out under an hour lol). But it's how we do many trips-especially 2 week Florida ones. We are doing same thing this year-5 days at FWcabins -have a couple days to play with-toying with onsite Universal vs beach, then another week in our timeshare. This is where the AP comes in handy- no parking fee. Was very nice to leave the craziness and crowds at WDW and go back to our peaceful resort at Thanksgiving.
But we are taking a break for a few years after this trip (i think lol).

It can be a great thing for sure! I'd love to have one myself, but it's no in the budget right now. If I could afford DVC I would haha but I think I like to be able to visit other places too, not just Disney. :D Either way I am looking forward to our trip this Summer!

Updates abound on page 1! Also thre's some rumors of TSL not opening by Memorial Day. I'll continue to track these for you guys!

Updates abound on page 1! Also thre's some rumors of TSL not opening by Memorial Day. I'll continue to track these for you guys!
That is one BIG list of Disney-Goers!!! Thanks for keeping up with everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thanks:

Thanks for the updates and keeping track of everything! While I would love for TSL To be open when we go, I'm just glad to be going back!!

As soon as I heard about the Star Wars Galactic event taking place over Memorial Day weekend, I figured that meant TSL would not open that weekend.

As soon as I heard about the Star Wars Galactic event taking place over Memorial Day weekend, I figured that meant TSL would not open that weekend.

It's very possible but who knows, it is a holiday weekend. Like I said it the news/rumors thread, they could easily have the opening day on Memorial Day itself or really anywhere in that 2-3 week timeframe. As long as it's open or there's DVC/AP previews I'll be happy with that! Otherwise thankfully we check it out in October.

Hi Everyone! Nice to meet you!

As you can see below, our trip was planned for Sept for our wedding anniversary but today, on a whim, I looked up my birthday in June and it was quite a bit cheaper to travel then. I figured my husband would not want to change but there are many things in our favor and I think we might be changing!!! :)

I think our new dates will be June 11th-June 17th and we would be staying at Music. Our 8 year will freak if our countdown drops by roughly 100 days. HAHAHAHA. I should know tomorrow. If he agrees, I can start making dining reservations!!!! WOOHOO!!

Just renewed our Annual Passes today :cool1:

They don't expire for two more months but I wanted to get them before the price increase! That was a costly mistake last year!

We upgraded to the Platinum Plus Pass so we can take advantage of the water parks this summer. :woohoo:

Hi, Just joining the "party" here. We are planning to go this summer June 27 - July 6. I'm so excited!

Welcome, it's a great group here. Enjoy!

May 31-June 9, Polynesian DVC. Celebrating life and my oldest son is graduating from an early college program with his high school diploma and his associated degree from college. YAH!:yay:

Ha see you there at the Poly DVC!

Jumping on board for our first ever summer trip. Tentative dates are June 13-19 and probably staying at AoA again.

You're in, let me know if anything changes and I can update you on the list. Summer isn't as bad as they say!

anyone heard any rumblings as to possible discounts coming for june stays?
we are currently booked 6/12-6/23, but if discounts were good, i was thinking of adding a few days to the end, but also want to get my plane tickets asap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts