***Official June 2018***

Welcome, I'm glad you found us! I also love CSR, it was our first on-site resort and it was great. The pool is fantastic and lots of different places to try margaritas. They also just reimagined one of the areas there to a new sports bar and grill so enjoy that!
Thank you! Yes, I heard that too! My bf and dad will love that they can go hangout, drink, and see whatever games are on. Since we're mainly adults, (my sisters are over seeing Princesses and doing "kid stuff") we're really looking forward to having a more adult-like trip! Margaritas, pools, food, rides and shows- here we come!:woohoo:

We also have 16 days. My daughter developed some kind of severe acid reflux that caused breathing issues and missed 3 days of school. My son is home now with a sore throat. Mercy. Praying everyone is better soon. Daughter has to get through AP exam and then SAT and then we leave! I am working on backpack packing today. Still have a couple of first aid items to get. Did you order cooling towel or buy it somewhere? I have never used one. Got lucky last June with weather overcast and in the 80's. Going to go over my packing list again and look for anything I might have missed. Plus make some meals ahead for my mama who will be puppy sitting for us the entire week. It is getting so close! Have a wonderful trip!

Oh no! I hope your son gets better soon! My DGD had strep throat week before last and I told her I was glad she got that out of the way before we go! I'm a bad Nana! Right now everything relates to Disney! lol You have a good trip too!

I don't know how I haven't found this page earlier!!! Thank goodness though, the next 31 days are becoming longer and longer and I need something to keep me occupied until our vacay!!

June 18th-26th First time staying on property! Coronado Springs :D

We have a pretty big group going this year too. It'll be my parents. myself(24), my brother(22)(the new college graduate::yes::) and my younger sisters(13 &11) along with my uncle (1st timer) and my boyfriend(26) (1st trip since middle school)!

We have three rooms and plan on having 5 Disney days and 1 Universal day. I'll make another post with our plans in a bit!

Welcome fellow Juner! Love taking first timers!

12 days until we leave, and it is starting to hit me! The suitcases are out, but we haven't started packing anything yet. I need to find the small tote that we use for shower stuff and other things that can leak, and the big tote that is for whatever else we are taking with us. It is good that we drive, we take way too much stuff to fly!

For those of you attending the Happily Ever After dessert party, there's some changes afoot. Reportedly, the party will be after the fireworks, but the reserved viewing space in the Plaza garden will stay the same. I've updated the first post with this information. You can also check this dis news article. In my opinion, as a dessert party apologist, I really like the idea of it. I liked it so much I started looking for openings but nothing so far on the nights we would go.

edit: Sounds like it's an additional party, so I'm guessing we need to see how things go. It's apparently only bookable over the phone and they are unable to explain how it will work. I'm guessing they won't really know until they do a few of them. If you end up trying this, let me know so we can post a report on the front page!

edit 2: Online reservations begin May 24th!

Last edited:
For those of you attending the Happily Ever After dessert party, there's some changes afoot. Reportedly, the party will be after the fireworks, but the reserved viewing space in the Plaza garden will stay the same. I've updated the first post with this information. You can also check this dis news article. In my opinion, as a dessert party apologist, I really like the idea of it. I liked it so much I started looking for openings but nothing so far on the nights we would go.

Wait! I thought this is to be another party in addition to dessert party prior to HEA!

Wait! I thought this is to be another party in addition to dessert party prior to HEA!

Yeah I was reading through all that and added an edit just now as you typed this, lol. Funny is when I first read it, it sounded to me like a change to the existing party, not an additional one. Funny how things get interpreted.

I got a lovely surprise when our ME luggage tags arrived! It was nice since time seems to be moving like molasses (one more month of teaching!!!) Seems like magicbands should be shipping out next week. I'm so, so excited! Trying not to second guess any plans and gotta start making a packing list.

10 Days to go! I am ready, I am ready lol ok not really! I have not started packing yet lol we still gotta get through graduation next Friday, THEN I'll be on task to get it all done! Magic band decals came the other day, I need to apply them so they have time to secure well before our trip. We need to find our portable battery chargers for our phones, pull out suitcases etc etc. I did book our hotel in Gainesville though for the drive down, it's about 8 hours. That's about as much as I want to drive and hit the parks the next day, so we'll only have a couple hours that morning. Plan is to check into the hotel early and make sure magic bands are good, hit character warehouse, grocery store for water/snacks/easy breakfast stuff, hopefully check into room at least a hour or so before our first fast pass at Epcot that evening.

30 DAYS.
To keep myself sane, I'm going to elaborate on each day's plans !
ARRIVAL DAY
My bf and I will both work the first half of our shifts that day (have to make sure the office won't go up in mayhem while I'm away) but we'll be out at 11am and that's when vacay officially starts for us! My parents, siblings and uncle will be making their way to the airport before us since they have a bigger group and we'll meet them there soon after. We don't have a lot of time between getting home from work and having to leave for the airport so we'll be spending the weekend prior doing laundry and to finish up packing (because you KNOW I'll be mostly packed way before than). My boyfriend and I get major anxiety flying so our plan is to download some shows off of our DVR to watch on my laptop. Hopefully that'll distract us enough! A nap always does the trick too.

We land in Orlando at about 7pm and then onto our first experience on the Magical Express! Our ME luggage tags just came in the mail a few days ago so it's starting to seem very real!! Once at CSR, (after the combustion of excitement since it's our first time staying on property) we plan on getting settled in our rooms and heading to Disney Springs for dinner. I'm been spending some of my spare time checking out all the places in every park we can use our QS dining credits so I'm prepared to eat, drink, and be merry! (and shop of course) The plan is to not be out TOO late because we'll have an early morning for our first park day in AK!...

12 days until we leave, and it is starting to hit me! The suitcases are out, but we haven't started packing anything yet. I need to find the small tote that we use for shower stuff and other things that can leak, and the big tote that is for whatever else we are taking with us. It is good that we drive, we take way too much stuff to fly!

Woot Woot! 14 days for us! It's going to be rainy this weekend so I plan to go ahead and start packing too. We're flying this time so I'm going to have to keep the luggage scale handy to check the weight! Trying not to over pack this time. My problem is I tend to want to take toooooo many shoes! haha

I got a lovely surprise when our ME luggage tags arrived! It was nice since time seems to be moving like molasses (one more month of teaching!!!) Seems like magicbands should be shipping out next week. I'm so, so excited! Trying not to second guess any plans and gotta start making a packing list.

Yes, the ME tags are the first sign from Disney that they're getting ready for your stay! And I can imagine that the last month of teaching can drag by. Here in Lexington, KY the schools finish up at the end of May barring snow make up days which we only had a couple. My DGD is busy with field days and testing, then she graduates Middle School. Yikes! High schooler next year! Good luck with trying not to second guess your plans!lol

10 Days to go! I am ready, I am ready lol ok not really! I have not started packing yet lol we still gotta get through graduation next Friday, THEN I'll be on task to get it all done! Magic band decals came the other day, I need to apply them so they have time to secure well before our trip. We need to find our portable battery chargers for our phones, pull out suitcases etc etc. I did book our hotel in Gainesville though for the drive down, it's about 8 hours. That's about as much as I want to drive and hit the parks the next day, so we'll only have a couple hours that morning. Plan is to check into the hotel early and make sure magic bands are good, hit character warehouse, grocery store for water/snacks/easy breakfast stuff, hopefully check into room at least a hour or so before our first fast pass at Epcot that evening.

When we drive down from KY we usually stop in Marrietta, GA which is 9 hours for us. Take care with your credit/debit card where ever you stop. On our last trip we drove and when we stopped in Marrietta my bank debit card number was stolen either at the motel, restaurant or gas station and sold and charges started coming in from all over the place! My bank caught it and shut my debit card down which caused EXTREAM problems since I'd only brought $300 in cash and everything else was going on the debit card that the bank shut off! OMG it was awful! I didn't know it until I tried to pay for our meal at Il Mulino and it was declined! So embarrassing. It really put a damper on our trip. Anyway, just take care ok. We're flying this time and I'm taking more cash and 2 debit cards.

30 DAYS.
To keep myself sane, I'm going to elaborate on each day's plans !
ARRIVAL DAY
My bf and I will both work the first half of our shifts that day (have to make sure the office won't go up in mayhem while I'm away) but we'll be out at 11am and that's when vacay officially starts for us! My parents, siblings and uncle will be making their way to the airport before us since they have a bigger group and we'll meet them there soon after. We don't have a lot of time between getting home from work and having to leave for the airport so we'll be spending the weekend prior doing laundry and to finish up packing (because you KNOW I'll be mostly packed way before than). My boyfriend and I get major anxiety flying so our plan is to download some shows off of our DVR to watch on my laptop. Hopefully that'll distract us enough! A nap always does the trick too.

We land in Orlando at about 7pm and then onto our first experience on the Magical Express! Our ME luggage tags just came in the mail a few days ago so it's starting to seem very real!! Once at CSR, (after the combustion of excitement since it's our first time staying on property) we plan on getting settled in our rooms and heading to Disney Springs for dinner. I'm been spending some of my spare time checking out all the places in every park we can use our QS dining credits so I'm prepared to eat, drink, and be merry! (and shop of course) The plan is to not be out TOO late because we'll have an early morning for our first park day in AK!...

That sounds like a great plan! Our flight lands at 10:15am and we're taking ME so should arrive at Boardwalk Villas by noon hopefully. I doubt our villa will be ready so our plan is to drop off our carry on bags at bell services and then head on over to Epcot. I've got a Soarin FP+ for 2:00. I hope I'm not pushing it!!

Our first family Disney trip has officially hit the 30 day mark. We will be leaving on the 16th of June driving down, stopping in NC for the night and then St. Augustine again on Sunday for the night before our magical vacation begins. Kids are getting real excited.

Yeah I was reading through all that and added an edit just now as you typed this, lol. Funny is when I first read it, it sounded to me like a change to the existing party, not an additional one. Funny how things get interpreted.
That was my original thought as well.

15 days for us. I have one more week of school...3 with students ...and an interview with another school district which popped up surprisingly. Kmfx for me on that please!

Started putting clothes on the bed in the extra bedroom. Put the Mickey gifts for the boys in a tote, hidden from prying eyes. Started my Prime Now order. Need to print out my touring plan this week. Called member services to put my room requests in.

Oh and now we are headed to Pensacola Beach for a couple days after our trip bc my DH’s friend lives there. Which adds to my planning. But should be fun.

We leave in two weeks. I'm so excited. Need a road trip and some Disney magic. We watched the strangest you tube video of a partially abandoned theme park somewhere in Asia last night. Y'all it was bizarre and maybe only every 10th attraction was open and it was dirty and sad and very street fair kiddie rides. Many things were a Disney knock off which made us giggle. Anyways...after watching that I don't think there is anything that could dampen our Disney trip. Not an overflowing trash can or rude cast member or closed ride or broken animatronic could dampen the magic. It made me so very thankful for the opportunity to take my family to such a magical place. Medicine/first aid kit is packed. Non perishable room/park snacks are packed. I started packing each family members drawstring park bag. All our Disney plush toys are packed and ready to decorate our hotel room. We have been doing that since the kids were small. To every other June Disney traveler I wish you safe travels and a wonderful vacation. Let the packing commence!

Our first family Disney trip has officially hit the 30 day mark. We will be leaving on the 16th of June driving down, stopping in NC for the night and then St. Augustine again on Sunday for the night before our magical vacation begins. Kids are getting real excited.
First Disney trip!! That is so exciting for your family. Enjoy every moment from the big magical ones to the small more quiet magic that you will find along the way.

Just a few days (well for most less than 30 days anyway) and we will be here
IMG_6073.JPG IMG_6074.JPG

I think the back of the castle is pretty as front-and in someways prettier with the windows of the restaurant.
Had one day in parks Saturday. Hot and some sun in am til about 3-4ish when storms started - we started in Epcot, but left when it started storming. This pattern isn't normal June 'rain hard for 30-60 minutes and steam right back up with sun' pattern. Actually don't mind the quick rains for the cooling off. DD and I were soaked to bone by time we got to car so break was nice. Rain stopped around 8ish and we ventured back. Stopped for ice cream at The Plaza- pro tip- they no longer have the single scoop "kids" cone on menu but it's still available.

Torn between my favorite park at night (rides aside): DHS is sooo neat at night, but MK transforms at night as well...

OKAY!!! We have survived Field Day! We have survived The Play! We've got one day with an orthodontist appointment and math tutoring, I need to give the house a good scrub, and...

HOLY CRAP!!! I JUST REALIZED I CAN SAY WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:simba::mickeyjum:goofy::tigger:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!