***Official June 2018***

so I posted these pics in the Disney June 2018 FB group I'm in but I finished the Magic Bands this past weekend - glow in the dark skins from Shop Emily G!!

Before, after and Glowing!!

Attachments

• #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 25
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 25
  • #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 24
so I posted these pics in the Disney June 2018 FB group I'm in but I finished the Magic Bands this past weekend - glow in the dark skins from Shop Emily G!!

Before, after and Glowing!!

Those are very cool!! Have you used skins before? I just wondered how well they handle the water/heat.

June 14-July 1st. Counting down the days, getting more and more excited by the day. You know...I just realized my counter in my signature line is wrong. Guess I set it wrong when I made it many months ago. Oh well, not going to change it now, I've watched it scroll across for months and Mickey is too close to the end to start over. :D

Staying offsite, as always...we love it. 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathrooms, all amenities of home.

We're not planners...we've got our FP+ done and that's literally it. We'll pack the night before we leave, it won't even take an hour. If we "forget" something, and we usually do one or two small things, it super easy to get there. There's a CVS, Wal-Mart, grocery store every 1/2 mile...

Those are very cool!! Have you used skins before? I just wondered how well they handle the water/heat.

yes!! When we went in 2016 we used skins then too (I can't remember if it was the same store from Etsy but I can look) and they did great!! In fact, they are still on the bands in my drawer!!

The ones I used last year are still on our bands. Last year I used ThimbleThreadsDotCom on etsy. This year I used ShopEmilyG (these seem thinner so we will see what happens) and my fantasy bands. com (seems thicker like my original ones last year).

We are leaving on Thursday - doing the parks Friday through Monday. Staying at Contemporary. There are 8 of us. I packed yesterday and we are soooo ready to go!!! I'm a little sad about the weather forecast but other than that so ready to get this trip started!!

I hope the rain isn’t as bad as it seem. We decided to go earlier in June hoping there would be less but we are getting more. Oh well, still excited!

There's a total of 11 staying at Saratoga Springs resort June 6th thru the 9th in a Grand villa and 1 bedroom.

Welcome! Living that Grand Villa life, I definitely wanna see one of those one day!

Last minute mini trip, two adults in their 40s. Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge June 13th - June 15th.

Welcome! Hope its a nice adults only getaway!
6/24-6/30 BWV 1 br. Hope the boats are working. :maleficen

I hoping for you as well!

June 14-July 1st. Counting down the days, getting more and more excited by the day. You know...I just realized my counter in my signature line is wrong. Guess I set it wrong when I made it many months ago. Oh well, not going to change it now, I've watched it scroll across for months and Mickey is too close to the end to start over. :D

Staying offsite, as always...we love it. 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathrooms, all amenities of home.

We're not planners...we've got our FP+ done and that's literally it. We'll pack the night before we leave, it won't even take an hour. If we "forget" something, and we usually do one or two small things, it super easy to get there. There's a CVS, Wal-Mart, grocery store every 1/2 mile...

Welcome, I'm glad you've finally joined in! ;) I do that with my counter all the time, add or subtract a day due to work or events. Oh well, it's mostly right. I'm in the same boat with all the stuff, I'll probably forget something but it's easy enough to pick up. Plus there's random stuff in my owners locker that I've saved from previous trips. Normally I don't get a car but I will this time, uber keeps inching up in price. Might as well spend about the same amount and get a small car for the week.

I definitely do not do DH's packing for him. But I'm the one who thinks of all of the handy 'extras' which make Disney park touring more tolerable!

1729672008824213b0534401208ccefe.jpeg

We are 13 days out and a giant storm just passed our part of GA and a waterfall of water came crashing down into the house through the windows on two levels. I am out of towels and buckets at this point. MY poor husband is rightly freaked out. I have been drying hardwoods and tossing towels in the dryer. Not sure how this will all get fixed before we leave; could be a very big issue. But Im gonna keep my cool. On the bright side the water missed the already packed bags and bags of snacks for Disney.

Yikes ! Here's hoping some serious Disney magic sorts it all out. With any luck, you'll be enjoying Mickey Bars on Main Street before you know it !

@Avery&Todd -cool skins! Think my bands from 2014 still have the skins in them. And I still have nun haunted mansion skin on my purple band (which reminds me I need to fix my HM ears!)

Hey @Klayfish we overlap a couple days-staying offsite our second week too. At our fave Marriott Timeshare.

@Monykalyn and @ArielSRL my fiancé once neglected to pack ANY shirts. He had only the one he wore down in the car :scared1:

fortunately it was just a long weekend and after Uniqlo opened... he's also forgotten a swimsuit (on a different trip). Needless to say I keep an extra of his magicbands in my suitcase "just in case".

My one night stay at the Poly is in less than two weeks! I feel a bit like a scammer joining the thread for just one night's trip but it's the tail end of our "mini moon" after we go to the beach after our wedding! :hyper:

@Monykalyn and @ArielSRL my fiancé once neglected to pack ANY shirts. He had only the one he wore down in the car
Oh my!

fortunately it was just a long weekend and after Uniqlo opened... he's also forgotten a swimsuit (on a different trip). Needless to say I keep an extra of his magicbands in my suitcase "just in case".
Yep, I keep all the MBs!

My one night stay at the Poly is in less than two weeks! I feel a bit like a scammer joining the thread for just one night's trip but it's the tail end of our "mini moon" after we go to the beach after our wedding! :hyper:
What is your date? And oh so excited for your wedding and beach mini moon!!

What is your date? And oh so excited for your wedding and beach mini moon!!
Sunday! 5/27/18 :hyper:

And of course I saw this morning on Facebook that a tropical storm is possibly brewing in the gulf. Crossing my fingers for our wedding and for everyone leaving for WDW over Memorial Day weekend that it doesn't form :scared:

DOING THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!
:dancer:
9 days and counting! Yep we're really doing this. We're really going to Otown in 9 days. Getting happy-nervous. :hyper:

WooHoo! I understand that happy-nervous comment!lol

On your countdowns, do you all count the day you leave? I know counters usually do count the actual day you leave but we don't think we should count the day we leave because, well, it's the day! :teeth:

Sunday! 5/27/18 :hyper:

And of course I saw this morning on Facebook that a tropical storm is possibly brewing in the gulf. Crossing my fingers for our wedding and for everyone leaving for WDW over Memorial Day weekend that it doesn't form :scared:

Prayers and Pixie Dust for no rain! :worship:pixiedust:

Oh, do you all use those compression packing cubes? Do they work? I'm still stewing about having to pay $25 per bag each way for checked bags. My BFFs bag is a carry on, but by granddaughter's friend who's going will have a checked bag as well as myself and GD. That's $150 for checked bag fees that would be best used for say, cocktails! :tongue:

I'm thinking of running to Bed, Bath & Beyond this morning to get some packing cubes. If I use those (and don't take every pair of shoes I own...) I can maybe get mine and my GD stuff in one bag. That would save a little. I just hate spending money for basically nothing. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter