***Official June 2019***

Well, I couldn't stand it anymore. Everyone around me was going on Disney trips and I wasn't, so I booked one! Looks like we are going June 2 through the 8th. I booked a room only reservation at POFQ. Hoping to possibly get a discount, but looking forward to staying at a moderate. We've only done Value resorts in the past. Our last trip was in January of this year. We stayed at All star music in the Jazz section. We were so far from the food court and transportation that we hated to have to trek up there when we needed to. Hoping that a smaller resort will help us enjoy our stay. It will be me and my 12 year old son-my dh is not a Disney fan. However, my sister in law and brother's family may end up going at the same time, so that would be fun. Looking forward to counting down with you guys. I've never booked a trip so far in advance. I may drive myself crazy with over planning!

You're in, welcome! I agree that you'll love French Quarter compared to All Stars! Mom and son trips are a total treasure, enjoy it!

Good Morning Everyone! I had a quick question for anyone who has been in June before. How bad are crowds during the week? We've handled spring break crowds just fine, but coordinating with another family and one of the first two weeks of June might be our only bet? Some of the crowd calendars show June as an 8/9/10 each day and wondering how bad the crowds feel?

We usually go the last week and a half or so of June into the beginning of July and we've found it's really not that bad, up until the beginning of July. We've been Presidents day week, Spring Break, Labor Day, Memorial, Thanksgiving - all felt more crowded except for Labor Day.

We're going the 5th - 16th next June so I'm interested to see if early June will be different. Right now looking at TP it's got 5 - 7 for crowd levels.

Good Morning Everyone! I had a quick question for anyone who has been in June before. How bad are crowds during the week? We've handled spring break crowds just fine, but coordinating with another family and one of the first two weeks of June might be our only bet? Some of the crowd calendars show June as an 8/9/10 each day and wondering how bad the crowds feel?

Sorry - I forgot to include your quote. I responded in my last message.

I don't personally put a lot of stock in crowd level estimates anymore. But I will say it's fairly busy, not crazy though. Certainly not spring break or holiday weekend busy. What you will see are your typical bottlenecks in certain areas, some mildly backed up FP lines (due to the usual reasons), some weather related delays (afternoon storms) and of course lots of strollers and ecvs. If anything, the heat can be a little more bothersome than the crowds. So I would have a plan in place for you all to take regular breaks throughout the day or a rest break in the afternoon. The parks are open fairly late in the evening so its often better to take a break around 1 or 2 and relax for a few hours before going out for the evening. This is especially so if you're taking people who aren't accustomed to the heat and humidity and haven't been lately or ever.

We are booked into Pop, 2019 friends. I'm hoping for AP discounts so we can go to a Moderate, but if we wind up bunking at "Hotel Crazypants," we're on board. :dancer:

I don't personally put a lot of stock in crowd level estimates anymore. But I will say it's fairly busy, not crazy though. Certainly not spring break or holiday weekend busy. What you will see are your typical bottlenecks in certain areas, some mildly backed up FP lines (due to the usual reasons), some weather related delays (afternoon storms) and of course lots of strollers and ecvs. If anything, the heat can be a little more bothersome than the crowds. So I would have a plan in place for you all to take regular breaks throughout the day or a rest break in the afternoon. The parks are open fairly late in the evening so its often better to take a break around 1 or 2 and relax for a few hours before going out for the evening. This is especially so if you're taking people who aren't accustomed to the heat and humidity and haven't been lately or ever.
What she said! We were Spring visitors during all the years I could pull DS out of school, and I was REALLY concerned the first time we were going to go in June. But by then we were vets, we knew how to book the FPs and time out the day, and honestly, it wasn't bad at all. Crowd calendars on the daily are really only helpful when discussing parties or festivals at Epcot. There is truth regarding EMHs, but even then, it depends on the park, i.e. most don't care about morning EMH at Epcot, but will cut you to get in line for AK EMH.

As the lovely and talented Roxy said, HAVE A PLAN. You'll be fine. :thumbsup2

Well count us back in the June crowd! This year was supposed to be an off Disney year since we are taking a big beach vacation with my whole family! But since we'll only be a couple hours away from.Disney, I convinced my dh to fly into Orlando and spend a couple days at Disney first! It's a bit of a smaller trip than usual but that's okay because next summer is a longer one! June 19-22, DH, dd 8, dd3 and me! Staying at POFQ!

Last edited:
What she said! We were Spring visitors during all the years I could pull DS out of school, and I was REALLY concerned the first time we were going to go in June. But by then we were vets, we knew how to book the FPs and time out the day, and honestly, it wasn't bad at all. Crowd calendars on the daily are really only helpful when discussing parties or festivals at Epcot. There is truth regarding EMHs, but even then, it depends on the park, i.e. most don't care about morning EMH at Epcot, but will cut you to get in line for AK EMH.

As the lovely and talented Roxy said, HAVE A PLAN. You'll be fine. :thumbsup2

Thanks for such kind words ;) The only thing I'd say is maybe don't go to Magic Kingdom on a Saturday or Wednesday night for EMH (if you don't like crowds) but really go when things work out.

Hello Juners':
Party of 4 here Mom Dad two sons 17 &10
June 2-8
I offered our High School senior a cruise for his "senior trip" cause it is so much easier to schedule and plan!!!! But he said that he wanted WDW.
Also Mom is a first year teacher - so no school time trip (we have been twice in Sept LOW CROWDS!!!)
Planning to book All Star Movies requesting Toy Story
Hoping to get Summer Meal Deal (one free Counter Service per person per day) looks like last summer year this offer came out the first of Jan

Just discovered, because I'm oblivious, that DS's last day of school is the 30th of May, not the 31st. Gee, an extra day at F&G AND on his AP? WE ARE ALL OVER THIS. :-D

Roxy, trip is now May 31 - June 8. Still Pop, but fingers are crossed. :cool1:

Hello Juners':
Party of 4 here Mom Dad two sons 17 &10
June 2-8
I offered our High School senior a cruise for his "senior trip" cause it is so much easier to schedule and plan!!!! But he said that he wanted WDW.
Also Mom is a first year teacher - so no school time trip (we have been twice in Sept LOW CROWDS!!!)
Planning to book All Star Movies requesting Toy Story
Hoping to get Summer Meal Deal (one free Counter Service per person per day) looks like last summer year this offer came out the first of Jan

Welcome! I would be surprised if they didn't offer that deal again so fingers crossed it works for you. It won't be as low crowds as you're accustomed to but it isn't crazy busy yet.

Just discovered, because I'm oblivious, that DS's last day of school is the 30th of May, not the 31st. Gee, an extra day at F&G AND on his AP? WE ARE ALL OVER THIS. :-D

Roxy, trip is now May 31 - June 8. Still Pop, but fingers are crossed. :cool1:

Updated! We have a decent amount of overlap this time so hopefully we get a chance to meet up again this year.

Hello, we just got back from Disney and have booked POFQ (BB offer) from June 26 - July 5
We might have to modify some since part of this trip will be with my choir and part DD and I
Maybe half POFQ or another Moderate (or some days at The Beach Club) and the rest at POP
We stayed at POP on this trip (Very nice resort) but I think POFQ would be more "quite"?

Hello, we just got back from Disney and have booked POFQ (BB offer) from June 26 - July 5
We might have to modify some since part of this trip will be with my choir and part DD and I
Maybe half POFQ or another Moderate (or some days at The Beach Club) and the rest at POP
We stayed at POP on this trip (Very nice resort) but I think POFQ would be more "quite"?

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you have quite a few options, feel free to @ me when/if you want to update the list with your changes!

Well count us back in the June crowd! This year was supposed to be an off Disney year since we are taking a big beach vacation with my whole family! But since we'll only be a couple hours away from.Disney, I convinced my dh to fly into Orlando and spend a couple days at Disney first! It's a bit of a smaller trip than usual but that's okay because next summer is a longer one! June 19-22, DH, dd 8, dd3 and me! Staying at POFQ!

Hey again! Somehow I missed you but I'm glad you're returning again to the June crowd!

I'm here! I'm here! Our usual big June trip is happening but we pushed it a week (June 8-16) because we have APs we will activate and use for both our June 2018 and June 2019 trips (and a bunch of little trips in between!). In any case, we will be at Boulder Ridge (our DVC home). My DH, my 7 yr old DS, my then 5 yr old DS, and me!

Just started looking at park days so I can get on these ADRs. Thinking about doing the TIW card also, or maybe the DDP or DxDP. I'm just going to book what we want and figure out what works best for us later.

Its good to be here!!

I'm here! I'm here! Our usual big June trip is happening but we pushed it a week (June 8-16) because we have APs we will activate and use for both our June 2018 and June 2019 trips (and a bunch of little trips in between!). In any case, we will be at Boulder Ridge (our DVC home). My DH, my 7 yr old DS, my then 5 yr old DS, and me!

Just started looking at park days so I can get on these ADRs. Thinking about doing the TIW card also, or maybe the DDP or DxDP. I'm just going to book what we want and figure out what works best for us later.

Its good to be here!!

Hey hey welcome back! We do the same thing with APs and it's great being able to plan some little trips too. After October my son said no more little trips for him, lol. So spoiled. I'm not a huge fan of the dining plan I am enjoying the TIW. It makes dealing with the check so easy. Whichever you choose you'll be well ahead having two under 10!

Okay, just got the plane tickets. Used miles, plus a few bucks to get Economy Plus. And there were already seats sold, too, so people are gearing up, I guess.

ADR date is Sunday!!!! Nothing fancy, but want that PPO at Garden Grill. Also planning breakfast at Crystal Palace, lunches at Biergarten and Tusker House, and a late lunch / early dinner at Via Napoli on our Typhoon Lagoon day. What I'm REALLY looking forward to, though, is hitting the Outdoor Kitchens at F&G, with my now-somewhat-more-adventurous-eating DS. He's also (albeit reluctantly) agreed to the Frozen Dessert Party since Illuminations is going away. I'm sure I'll have to buy him an over-priced something-or-other to make up for it.

Meantime, I can FEEL myself gaining weight......... :crazy2:

Updated! We have a decent amount of overlap this time so hopefully we get a chance to meet up again this year.

We MUST make that happen!!! :jumping1:

I wanted to give an update to our plans. We were able to switch out our SSR reservation to a 2 bedroom BCV reservation, however our dates have changed. Since F&G Festival runs until June 3rd, we decided to change our dates and are now booked from 5/30-6/8. We are very excited, F&G is our favorite festival in Epcot and haven't been in a few years. Saturday I make dining reservations and have a lot planned since we are going to be on the DxDP, only down side is that I work on Saturday so I will be getting up really early in hopes to get it all done before I leave, if not I will be doing it at work :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!