***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

We are 13 days out for our quick weekend resort only to celebrate my soon-to-be five year old's birthday. I am not quite ready to give up on the idea of us doing MK on the Saturday so I have a BOG PPO and 3 FPs (because we have APs - that won't be activated til June). But if we do decide not to go, if anyone needs a BOG PPO, for Sat 3/2, let me know.

I've fretted about not having clothing that fits so I went ahead and got myself some new jeans, shorts and sleeveless tops. I wanted to wait until the weather/temperature predictions were closer but I figure, I'll need shorts this summer anyway! Last night I got a bunch of new hand sanitzers. The only thing left (that I can think of) is some snacks to pack.
I absolute have no idea what to pack. I have looked at the extended forecast and it looks nice but its just way too early to count on it. If I need to I will order some athletic capris to wear under my dresses or skirts or with long tanks or shirts. I also have my Disney LLR leggings that I can pair with shirts and tanks to wear so that may be what I end up doing. I'm clueless about March weather in FL (even though we are in GA and I have been to Disney as many times as I have) because we have never been in March. Hopefully I can figure it out soon.

I absolutely have no idea what to pack. I have looked at the extended forecast and it looks nice but its just way too early to count on it.

We live in Georgia too and are basically in the same situation. I bought some new swim trunks and a few new shirts yesterday. Going to the shoe store in the mall and getting some new shoes next weekend and getting them broken in before the trip. Planning for warm but will adjust as we get closer.

It's been one crazy week, so I need this vacation!!

Well, just had to go shovel 6 more inches of snow this morning, at 5:30am, so DD17 can get out of the driveway for work. :faint: And it's still snowing. Why do I live here...
READY for vacation.

Upside, today was my reservation day for House Of Blues on Open table, so got that made for our DS lunch day. Excited to eat there.

26 days.

I also changed our last two nights to Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We are doing our day trip to Universal for the first night, and DAH AK the last, so staying offsite for those days didn't hurt my FPs, and it was half the price of OKW but with one more room! (were in a 2 bedroom, now 3) Never stayed here, have read great things. I am just looking forward to having my own sleeping space for the last 2 nights!!

Oh, and, decided against MNSSHP trip, taking DS7 to his first MVMCP in November- so see anyone going in November over on the November thread!:donald:

Well we did the big reveal last night and it didn’t exactly go as planned. We wrapped up a big present for my son which included a lightening McQueen suitcase, toy story backpack, personalized t shirts and baseball hat and the magic bands. Included a little picture itinerary I made for him that had his name in the front and said you’re going to Disney world! Also got a huge Mickey Mouse balloon. He was super excited when he saw the present. Once he opened it and we read the page of the itinerary and explained that we would be in WDW for his 5th birthday he said what and really. Then proceeded to play with the balloon for 15 minutes while we all tried to talk to him about the trip. Then when we explained that we would be doing this trip instead of a birthday party here he was actually kind of bummed. This is his first trip so he doesn’t really understand how amazing WDW is yet and I’m sure once he’s there he will forget all about a party. But I’m still kinda sad he wasn’t more excited. Oh well, I’m still super excited! 21 days to go!

Kids have a way of changing stuff up, Once he gets there he will be amazed. My son was almost 2 when we went the first time, he is a little over 3 now. He pays attention to everything now and he loves to talk. I have a feeling I am going to hear "daddy look" a million times on this trip.

Cold and raining and just plain miserable outside in North Georgia today. Pretty much supposed to rain for the next week. Watching the pre Daytona race coverage on TV and it looks nice and sunny and warm.

This is his first trip so he doesn’t really understand how amazing WDW is yet and I’m sure once he’s there he will forget all about a party. But I’m still kinda sad he wasn’t more excited.

My kids have no clue either. I tried to tell them about some of the rides and they asked if there were any like the Elmo fish (spinner) at Sesame Place. So, my kid are officially the most excited about Astro Orbiter :confused3
They've never been on a dark ride, just kiddie amusement park stuff, so they have no frame of reference.

I'm sure he'll be thrilled once he gets there. We surprised our girls on their fourth birthday with a cruise and their reaction was essentially, "Oh, cool, I guess, a boat ride," but they had a blast.

Yes and it drives me insane. They keep dropping my reservation at Shades of Green but luckily my FP selections are not affected, not yet anyway. Disney is aware since I called them but they don't seem to be in a rush to fix it. The website seems just as bad. What worries me is they are suppose to start dropping peoples FP selections if they try and use the throw away room just to book FP selections 60 days out. I have the room on property but Disney keeps unlinking it.

So far I think the cancelled FPs thing was just a rumour. There weren’t any confirmations here of it happening to anyone, and we changed our plans and cancelled our room (switched to offsite) and no FPs have vanished.

Definitely document what’s going on so you have a record in case of a problem, but hopefully you will be ok.

We live in Georgia too and are basically in the same situation. I bought some new swim trunks and a few new shirts yesterday. Going to the shoe store in the mall and getting some new shoes next weekend and getting them broken in before the trip. Planning for warm but will adjust as we get closer.
I bought a pair of capri leggings from amazon to wear under skirts or dresses or shirts and I have an Ariel pair and a Pineapple pair of regular leggings with shirts to match so I think I am mostly prepared. But your show comment reminded me I have new shoes but I haven't started breaking them in yet. They are sandals so its been to cold to wear them here. I need to start wearing them around the house at least!

It's been one crazy week, so I need this vacation!!
This week is conference week at school (I'm a teacher) so it is definitely going to be crazy. I will be in need to a vacation after all that business!

so see anyone going in November over on the November thread!
We are booked for Nov 27-Dec 1

9 days . 9 days!
Yay! 11 here!

Then when we explained that we would be doing this trip instead of a birthday party here he was actually kind of bummed.
My son has been 4 times and actually asked for his birthday to be in Disney. So we complied and now he is bummed. Kids are flaky. He wants his friends there and can't have that so he'd prefer Chuck E Cheese. Too late for that little fellow. He will be 5 also. We surprised the boys with the trip at Christmas and they really had hardly any interest. They love Disney though so I think it is just hard for them to get excited until they are there.

Hi! We just moved our arrival date up to 3/31, so I'm joining the March group :)

Adults-only trip (we took the kids for our/their very first trip 2 years ago), staying at Coronado Springs. Looking forward to EPCOT - Flower & Garden and World Showcase (we basically skipped WS on our trip with the kiddos).

Any MemoryMaker shares still accepting new people?

Ooh. Getting excited! 19 days! And I think I’ve figured out it will be cheaper to upgrade my ticket to a DVC gold AP than to add hopper and photopass...hmmmm :).

We have been to Disney during Christmas 2 times in the last 3 years, and our youngest son's birthday is just a few days after Christmas. (He spent his 5th and 6th birthday's in a park.) He absolutely did NOT "get" that getting to go to Disney for his birthday was a big deal. He DID, however, pick out the "it's my birthday" ear hat, grabbed a birthday pin, and was wished a happy birthday by MANY cast members while we were there and he loved all of that extra attention. We also let him pick out a "fancy" cupcake for his birthday in lieu of a full-size birthday cake. NOW he informs us that he wants his birthday at Legoland or Harry Potter World and our normal birthday routine is not good enough. :rolleyes2

I joked about looking for an extra night to tack on to the beginning of our stay and that we could just drive extra-long for the 2 days to get there. DH was immediately on-board for me to check prices. Yeah. Almost $500/nt now with taxes, so that is NOT happening. Gosh I wish we could afford to fly down. 24 hours in the car each way is going to be awful.

We just thinned out our ADRs. The menus for the Flower & Garden Festival kiosks came out and they look excellent. And between Columbia Harbor House and Satu'li Canteen, we can't justify the price of full-service dining in MK or AK either this time around.

A week to go! Ugh so stressed though. I'm hoping to switch jobs and had my second interview last week but haven't heard anything. I hope I hear either way before we go. Exciting adventure await regardless of what happens.

I had seen something about it closing for refurb, and something about "summer" but I couldn't find if it was closed UNTIL summer or closing DURING summer. Figures that it's while we'll be there. *sigh*

In other news, Kali River Rapids FPs are now showing up for the week we are supposed to be there, so it looks like that refurb will be done just before we get there. Might have to try that one out this time.
Which week will you be there? We are there the 15th through 23rd. All Ears still says it’s closed until the 23rd, and of course, it won’t let me check fastpass without deleting one. I keep hoping a little Disney Magic will have it open before the 18th when we are supposed to be there.

Right now if we don't change our travel days around we check in on the 23rd, so we are the week after you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!