Official May 2018

Just wanted to pop in and wish all of our early May trippers who will be leaving soon a very happy, magical, and safe trip! Tell Mickey I'll see him soon!
giphy.gif

Sigh - I keep changing up my dining plans. I leave in 5 days. Crazy i know. I just got rid of a GF cafe at 5:30 on the 6th in case any one needs it. Added 1900 park fare at 7:50 pm. Hope this works out. i really want to meet the step sisters. I heard they are a riot !

Sigh - I keep changing up my dining plans. I leave in 5 days. Crazy i know. I just got rid of a GF cafe at 5:30 on the 6th in case any one needs it. Added 1900 park fare at 7:50 pm. Hope this works out. i really want to meet the step sisters. I heard they are a riot !

I keep changing too! 1900 PF is still ony reader but we have Tusker, Trails End and Akershus for buffets and thinking it might be too much, but for the Steps it stays as a possibility.

:rainbow::rainbow: 27 Days and counting!! :rainbow::rainbow:

I wish Disney would hurry up and send me an email about my magic bands, I am stressing! I am getting a custom Belle dress made for my 8 yr old, to wear to CRT. We could not afford to do BBB, so we'll have a beauty prep morning at the hotel, a beautiful cotton dress that won't cause over heating and a pretty tiara :) She is gonna be so excited! We went to the store and got her some summer shorts and a few shirts, a cute minnie and mickey shirt as well. They had some cute ones for $7.00 if anyone is looking.

My to do list:
Buy skins for magic bands
Shop for older 2 girls (shorts mainly)
Shoe shop for me and hubby, both need shoes stat to break in before the trip
Make packing list - though I probably have one saved on my computer
Print all info about reservations, fast passes and adrs
Line up doggy care for 2 weeks, I think I have someone already, just need to double check to make sure they are still available
Stop Mail at the end of the month

I still feel like I am missing something!!
OH wait, yeah plan for dd's graduation! It's coming soon!

Less than 2 weeks til our trip. We have one night at Poly, 1 night at Fort Wilderness and the rest off site. I can't wait! We also have tickets for the DVC event at Ak on the 16th. Anyone else going to that?

Less than 2 weeks til our trip. We have one night at Poly, 1 night at Fort Wilderness and the rest off site. I can't wait! We also have tickets for the DVC event at Ak on the 16th. Anyone else going to that?

What's the DVC event at AK on the 16th? That will be our 2nd day. TIA!

It's for Vacation Club members. Starts at 9pm which is after park close. Although I believe admission starts at 7pm.

Wow. I just looked it up on the DVC website. I thought this was a ticketed event that we'd have to pay for but I see it is complimentary . . . and sold out. ☹️

Really looking forward to our trip! 10 more days!

Non Disney Related, but still great news- DS found out yesterday that he will not only be graduating with a major in Psychology, but has enough credits for a minor in Criminal Justice, he was so excited about that. He's decided he wants to be a forensic psychologist and this will help on that path. I'm just so happy for him!

Wow. I just looked it up on the DVC website. I thought this was a ticketed event that we'd have to pay for but I see it is complimentary . . . and sold out. ☹️

Oh no! Whatever you do don't watch the TimTracker video where him and Jenn go to the one they had earlier this year at AK-it looks like so much fun. I told DH that we needed to hurry up and buy in to DVC just so I could go to the party, lol.

I'm so excited! We have 1 more sleep until we're there! I have an alarm set to make sure I don't miss our check in for Southwest, though I'm sure I'll be watching the clock for at least 2 hours before it. I finished up 2 pairs of mouse ears last night then I just have to finish up the bow on the Fantasia pair I'm making and I'll be done with those. DH decided last minute he wants another shirt made so I'll be working on that tonight too. Thankfully neither should take me too long because I still need to get our carry ons together.

I'm so excited! We have 1 more sleep until we're there! I have an alarm set to make sure I don't miss our check in for Southwest, though I'm sure I'll be watching the clock for at least 2 hours before it. I finished up 2 pairs of mouse ears last night then I just have to finish up the bow on the Fantasia pair I'm making and I'll be done with those. DH decided last minute he wants another shirt made so I'll be working on that tonight too. Thankfully neither should take me too long because I still need to get our carry ons together.

I'm so excited for you! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

:rainbow::rainbow: 27 Days and counting!! :rainbow::rainbow:

I wish Disney would hurry up and send me an email about my magic bands, I am stressing! I am getting a custom Belle dress made for my 8 yr old, to wear to CRT. We could not afford to do BBB, so we'll have a beauty prep morning at the hotel, a beautiful cotton dress that won't cause over heating and a pretty tiara :) She is gonna be so excited! We went to the store and got her some summer shorts and a few shirts, a cute minnie and mickey shirt as well. They had some cute ones for $7.00 if anyone is looking.

My to do list:
Buy skins for magic bands
Shop for older 2 girls (shorts mainly)
Shoe shop for me and hubby, both need shoes stat to break in before the trip
Make packing list - though I probably have one saved on my computer
Print all info about reservations, fast passes and adrs
Line up doggy care for 2 weeks, I think I have someone already, just need to double check to make sure they are still available
Stop Mail at the end of the month

I still feel like I am missing something!!
OH wait, yeah plan for dd's graduation! It's coming soon!
Im 26 days out and got a email 2 days ago! Hopefully soon!

Leaving on the 15th! My teenagers have no idea! Sneaking clothes out of their closets this weekend!
We've never been to the Flower and Garden Festival before. Any must dos or food we shouldn't miss?

19 days to go and I also just moved around my ADRs AGAIN! It's been so many times I can't even count. I keep telling DH when I make a change and he says don't even bother because you'll just change them again. :duck:He knows me oh so well!::yes::

Oh, if anyone is seeking a BOG dinner for May 24, it's on the May ADR cancel board.

Last edited:
*flail* Guys, I am gonna be in the World TOMORROW! I just booked this YESTERDAY! AND MANAGED A BOG DINNER RES! :yay:

I finished sewing a dress on Wednesday night and whipped out some shorts last night. The dress fabric is so cute - Main Street Electric Parade floats. Too bad that is gone from DW, but I can still enjoy that and wear it in DL later this year.

I'm going solo, and I'm going to hit all four parks in one day. :jester: It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, and I just figured out earlier this week that I could make it happen this weekend. My husband and kid don't even know! (They're both busy this weekend.) A solo trip for fun was on my turning-40 bucket list, so this is it. That said, I am NOT excited about the drive. I have some good audio books though. I'll live.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter