Official May 2018

*flail* Guys, I am gonna be in the World TOMORROW! I just booked this YESTERDAY! AND MANAGED A BOG DINNER RES! :yay:

I finished sewing a dress on Wednesday night and whipped out some shorts last night. The dress fabric is so cute - Main Street Electric Parade floats. Too bad that is gone from DW, but I can still enjoy that and wear it in DL later this year.

I'm going solo, and I'm going to hit all four parks in one day. :jester: It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, and I just figured out earlier this week that I could make it happen this weekend. My husband and kid don't even know! (They're both busy this weekend.) A solo trip for fun was on my turning-40 bucket list, so this is it. That said, I am NOT excited about the drive. I have some good audio books though. I'll live.

How exciting!! I hope you have a great time and enjoy your solo trip! Are you going to do a mini trip report? I would love to hear about it and see pictures! Safe travels!

Just found this thread its great thanks.
12 days to go. We start of 3 nights at the CBR then move to the BC for 11 nights free dining! Cant wait. X

Well I'm officially a college graduate! And leaving for the World tomorrow!!!
Been so caught up in exams and graduation prep, I havn't had much time to process how excited I am for this trip! It's kind of all hitting me at once. Last time I went was 2014 for my high school graduation. Oh time has flown!

I booked a last minute trip with my friend and I. Fort Wilderness from 5/19-26. If anyone wants to join some college aged dudes, feel free to hit me up.

3 Days!!!!

Weather forecast has me worried-it's not looking good for next week! Temps look ok, but the rain seems to be forecast most of the week, several days at 80% --hoping it is scattered and not all day every day!

3 Days!!!!

Weather forecast has me worried-it's not looking good for next week! Temps look ok, but the rain seems to be forecast most of the week, several days at 80% --hoping it is scattered and not all day every day!

It tend to rain a lot in summer there, we have that problem in N. Alabama too, it will be forecasted rain every day but we may only get a shower for 30 mins to an hour and that is it for the day. Hopefully that is what your forecast really is, just those summer thunderstorms that come and go but not last all day long. Bring ponchos, jackets and umbrellas and be prepared :) Disney is still fun in the rain! When we want in 2009 it rained a lot, but we had a great time, people left and lines were short.

We leave tomorrow. I am hoping it's just short showers for rain. Although, a few years back, 2008 I think, it rained for an entire week solid. Hoping that's not the case this year.

We leave Wednesday - forecast is getting me a bit worried, especially since this is the trip we were finally going to do water parks. But thankfully our AP upgrade didn't cost anything extra, so I'll be sad if we don't get to, but we won't have paid any more! Mostly just hoping it's the usual May kind of forecast! We have ponchos and will probably also bring an umbrella, so we'll be okay if it showers a bit :)

We leave Friday morning to head that way! Packing ponches and hoping the rain scares people away and the parks are less crowded than currently expected.

T minus 3 days!:banana:

Last minute shopping and house cleaning tomorrow.

Also, I need to work for a few hours tomorrow so when I leave work on Monday (I have a project due Tuesday, the day we leave) I won't feel like I've left my team behind the 8 ball. :surfweb:

Our flight leaves at 5:10 am Tuesday so I want to have as much packed Sunday night as possible.

Lastly, my in-laws are watching our dog while we're gone so I've got to pack up all her stuff, too. pluto:

Oh, and we're having lunch with my parents tomorrow for Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Dis-Moms!:flower1:

surprise trip for me, it will rain for 30 min then stop. the big concern is lighting just means no swimming for 30 min.

19 days to go and I also just moved around my ADRs AGAIN! It's been so many times I can't even count. I keep telling DH when I make a change and he says don't even bother because you'll just change them again. :duck:He knows me oh so well!::yes::

Oh, if anyone is seeking a BOG dinner for May 24, it's on the May ADR cancel board.

If I was you I'd keep BOG with it changing it's status and menu, neither of which look impressive to me. Have a great time wherever you eat!
Just found this thread its great thanks.
12 days to go. We start of 3 nights at the CBR then move to the BC for 11 nights free dining! Cant wait. X
Same! Just found you guys and we are 12 days out. 4 nights Pop and then over to the Poly! Sooo excited!!

T minus 3 days!:banana:

Last minute shopping and house cleaning tomorrow.

Also, I need to work for a few hours tomorrow so when I leave work on Monday (I have a project due Tuesday, the day we leave) I won't feel like I've left my team behind the 8 ball. :surfweb:

Our flight leaves at 5:10 am Tuesday so I want to have as much packed Sunday night as possible.

Lastly, my in-laws are watching our dog while we're gone so I've got to pack up all her stuff, too. pluto:

Oh, and we're having lunch with my parents tomorrow for Mother's Day.
Happy Mother's Day to all the Dis-Moms!:flower1:

You give me hope! I just bought shorts for my kiddo who suddenly can't find hers, I'm thinking we Goodwill-ed them but with Disney on the brain I can't recall. Waiting on a bag from Amazon and breaking in some shoes wearing them around the house as much as I can. Can't wear sandals to work :( Have a great trip!!

Just got back late Saturday/early Sunday and I've already got the Disney blues. I'm wishing we would have built in some more time to do things outside the parks, but we'll be going back for the 2nd to last Christmas party so we'll be able to do those then. We had an awesome time. DS did the Albatross Adventure Cruise at BC/YC and has been talking about it nonstop. We were on the 2nd train, first row for Expedition Everest and were first in line for the safari. We ate a bunch of good food from Flower and Garden and DS had an epic sword fight with one of the cast members from the UK pavilion. It went on for a good 5 minutes. I really don't know how the cast member ran around that long in that outfit, but he let DS have the sword since he fought so valiantly. We managed to ride the teacups with Alice and had a great lunch at BOG. We rode splash and big thunder more times than I can count. DS and I did get stuck on the barnstormer for about 25 minutes right before the fireworks. They got us off in time, but we decided to watch them while riding Dumbo. DS wore his Jedi costume all day while we were at HS and got tons of comments. He loved Jedi training. DH absolutely loved his lunch at Brown Derby for Dine with an Imagineer. It really was a magical trip and I wish we could have stayed longer.

5 sleeps until we go on Saturday. But this weather is going to suck. It is not going to be the normal Florida weather where it rains for 30 minutes and then sunny and steamy the rest of the day. There is a system in the gulf that is gathering and the rain is just sitting over Florida. They are saying it could possibly form into a tropical depression in the next couple of days. So looking for steady rains, heavy at times, over the next week or so. Looks like it will start to clear up around Monday next week. We are shopping for rain gear and rain shoes/boots to bring with us in hopes of staying dry while at the parks.

5 sleeps until we go on Saturday. But this weather is going to suck. It is not going to be the normal Florida weather where it rains for 30 minutes and then sunny and steamy the rest of the day. There is a system in the gulf that is gathering and the rain is just sitting over Florida. They are saying it could possibly form into a tropical depression in the next couple of days. So looking for steady rains, heavy at times, over the next week or so. Looks like it will start to clear up around Monday next week. We are shopping for rain gear and rain shoes/boots to bring with us in hopes of staying dry while at the parks.
Wishing your family the best time and hopefully that weather system will move on out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter