****Official May 2019 thread****

Just booked the Star Wars Guided Tour at HS for our May trip! Beyond excited!! I haven't been able to find a recent itinerary or review online. Has anyone come across one?

The info I have found so far is conflicting due to changes in past itineraries- looks like it was an afternoon to evening event at one time, then they changed the start time and the duration. To further confuse things, the CM that helped us with the booking said something about needing our IDs if we wanted alcoholic beverages at the dessert party during fireworks. I didn't have time to clarify (running late and the call took longer than I planned), but I didn't think that was still included in this tour. I'll have to call them back when I have enough time (while the kiddo is out of the house). Is there anyone here who can share a recent experience?

Guests can now purchase Early Morning Magic for the Magic Kingdom from February all the way until August 6, 2019. It is usually held on Sundays and Tuesdays each week.
I hadn't thought about EMM when I happily booked a 0745 breakfast at MK. I thought we would be the first ones in the park for people-free pictures of the castle. In any case, why is EMM from 0745-10 am when the park opens at 9am? If you purchase EMM can you do so without a park ticket for that day and leave when EMM is over at 10am? It won't matter for us because we'll be in the park at 0745 anyway and will take a leisurely breakfast and by then it'll be time to get in line for the Dwarfs :)

DH decided today we should go for my birthday-this month :D So another quick trip over Presidents Weekend! I know this is the May thread but so excited I'm getting another visit in before my May trip, I needed to shout about it :cheer2: Kids don't want to come so another adults only stay!
What a great birthday present Steve is the best!

I've been seeing quite a few bad reviews for Le Cellier. I have reservations for our trip. I am wondering if I should cancel this ADR. It is 2 TS credits and I already have 12 TS reserved for our 7 day trip, 5 over for the trip. I can get good steaks where I live and I'd hate to be disappointed by something that I've wanted to do for our last 3 trips but never did. I figured that I'd ask here although I'd probably get more input on dining board. There appears to be a bunch of frequent visitors on this thread and I want some opinions please. I would probably replace it with Biergarten although I may want to try someplace that we haven't been to before.
I ate there last week and the filet was excellent

I hadn't thought about EMM when I happily booked a 0745 breakfast at MK. I thought we would be the first ones in the park for people-free pictures of the castle. In any case, why is EMM from 0745-10 am when the park opens at 9am? If you purchase EMM can you do so without a park ticket for that day and leave when EMM is over at 10am? It won't matter for us because we'll be in the park at 0745 anyway and will take a leisurely breakfast and by then it'll be time to get in line for the Dwarfs :)

You must have a park ticket for EMM. Most people focus on rides until rope drop, (9am) and then get the breakfast that’s included.

Anyone know if the After Hours events will be scheduled for the month of May? I know Disney is pretty random when releasing dates and it seems to happen out of nowhere.

Hi everyone! I've been slacking I guess since I haven't been here since before Christmas. Whoops! :rolleyes1

I can't remember if I had posted that I'm confirmed for the Poly for May 8-15. Only 82 days left! And sadly that means 83 days until I turn 40. Womp womp. :sad:
At least I'll be at Disney so that should help ease the pain. TBH I have been so busy I haven't thought much about the trip since I made my ADR's. I still have to book flights for us!
DH had started a new job in early December and he's been working crazy hours, plus, we got a new puppy right after Christmas! She's a little cocker spaniel mix we named Coco and she is a handful, but I love her so much already, especially after our two angel puppies passed away last summer.

I am going to try to get tickets for the Epcot DVC Moonlight Magic event that's happening while we're there. Other than that, I still have to nail down an itinerary. I was hoping they'd come out with MK After Hours for my actual birthday but nothing so far. If not we've got dinner planned at California Grill that night, and then if they don't have DAH I'm not sure what we'll do. Maybe one of the dessert parties?

Hi everyone! I've been slacking I guess since I haven't been here since before Christmas. Whoops! :rolleyes1

I can't remember if I had posted that I'm confirmed for the Poly for May 8-15. Only 82 days left! And sadly that means 83 days until I turn 40. Womp womp. :sad:
At least I'll be at Disney so that should help ease the pain. TBH I have been so busy I haven't thought much about the trip since I made my ADR's. I still have to book flights for us!
DH had started a new job in early December and he's been working crazy hours, plus, we got a new puppy right after Christmas! She's a little cocker spaniel mix we named Coco and she is a handful, but I love her so much already, especially after our two angel puppies passed away last summer.

I am going to try to get tickets for the Epcot DVC Moonlight Magic event that's happening while we're there. Other than that, I still have to nail down an itinerary. I was hoping they'd come out with MK After Hours for my actual birthday but nothing so far. If not we've got dinner planned at California Grill that night, and then if they don't have DAH I'm not sure what we'll do. Maybe one of the dessert parties?

What night is the moonlight magic? Are they having that anywhere else during early May?

While we're there it's May 13. They're also having it on May 20.

Have you researched enough to know how these events affect park touring for day guests? I assume it's not something we need to worry about, but we were planning to be at Epcot on the 13th.

Have you researched enough to know how these events affect park touring for day guests? I assume it's not something we need to worry about, but we were planning to be at Epcot on the 13th.
I'm not positive but I *think* guests are allowed in at 7pm for this.....details about times haven't been released as far as I know, I'm just going by previous reports. I guess that could make the park a little more crowded from 7pm until close?

Well I am not sure when I last visited this thread but I am making an effort to get back to the DIS more regularly (more DIS, less FB). SW decided to cancel our non-stop 6:25 AM flight out of Atlanta for Friday May 3rd and I wasn't liking the other options for that morning so we switched to the last flight out on Thursday night. 8:20 PM, landing at 9:45 PM. Unfortunately there was no value or mod available earlier this week so I booked a hotel close to the airport for that night but I found Pop on the Sun&Fun on Thursday so I booked it. Glad I did because while Rack Rate is still available, there are no deals to be had. Anyway, now we will be doing a split stay for a 3 night trip. I won't give up hope to get POFQ but it is not looking good. Still...better than staying close to the airport and having to shuttle there Thursday night, back Friday morning, then ME to Disney.

So I guess I need to be updated on the roll call. May 2- Pop, May 3-5 POFQ. Thanks!

TBH I haven't. I don't think it's too much of an impact though since there are limited tickets available for the event.

So I decided to drop Le Cellier and replaced it with Biergarten. That helps with dining credits a bit. This week's issue is, do I purchase the additional 3 fast passes for 3 days of our trip or not. It's certainly a cool idea but you end up paying an extra $15+ for each additional fast pass. Yes it would be nice to book them all tier 1 and 90 days in advance but I'm having trouble justifying the additional $150 a day for the 3 of us. Has anyone here done this before?

We'll be there April 30-May 5th—May 1st-May 3rd staying in a two-bedroom villa at BLT for my bachelorette party (day at Epcot and night at Springs) and then offsite at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, where I'm getting married May 4th :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!