"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wanted to stake out a spot facing the castle for the 740pm Mickeys merriest Xmas celebration with the intentions of just staying put there to watch the 840pm parade when should I claim my spot? Heading over to the party now! Hope everyone has a blast tonight

NEWS

Disney Parks Sweet Treats: December 2017
nxbfjr34-768x513.jpg

vsghtt593-768x575.jpg

I went to the 12/7 party, my first, and my last. I will say that my day got off to a bad start and I was pretty much exhausted by 7pm anyway. The Main St. atmosphere with the snow and the lights and the excited kids was cute, but not $100 cute. Something about the Halloween party just seems more fun to me.

I agree. I like the Halloween party better. I’ve done it 2 years in a row and plan to do it next year. Whereas the Christmas party I would do again but probably not for 3-5 years...

We were at the 12/7 party and went back to check on the dwarfs line at the end of the night just to see if we could get a picture. We got back there about 11:35 and waited less than 5 minutes! It was crazy, I was very excited! We then got in line for Minnie and Daisy and waited less than 10 minutes. Great end to the night after waiting a lot longer for meets earlier in the evening.

Just got back from the sold out party tonight - it was my first MVMCP and will probably be my last :/ Everything was just so chaotic. I really wanted to meet Burt and Mary Poppins, but they never appeared on the app for me (I was told they came out in fantasyland). Something about it just felt really lackluster..I can't put my finger on it. The parade felt like a recycled version of the halloween parade (pretty sure they even use some of the same floats? Common disney...) Loved the cookie stations, but the lines for most rides were at least 20-30 mins and the crowds felt insane. The only part that felt worthwhile was Holiday Wishes - so beautiful! Maybe my expectations were too high, but I really loved the halloween party in comparison. Anyone else that went this year feel this way? Has it felt more worthwhile in previous years?

Well we actually had a very successful party even though it sold out on Tuesday.

We used a day ticket to enter around 230. I hadn't made any fast passes because I wasn't expecting to enter that early. We just watched the Tiki Room and then milled around a bit. We went and sat by bench near Sandy Claws to see if the line was building. At about 345 my BF went to Philharmagic and they were handing out bands. He came back and got in line, we were the third group. I went to get my wristband and we settled in for a long wait.

6 pm: Sandy Claws came out promptly. A Make a Wish family met him first and we were done by 605. We booked it at fast as we could over to Donald and Scrooge but didn't get there until 6:13 and the line was already pretty long.

7:26 pm: we were done with the ducks, the line moved very long. they took a quick break one group ahead of us but came back out very fast.

7:41 pm: entered the line for Rapunzel/Flynn and Tiana/Naveen. This wait time was showing on the MDE app and I was surprised how short it was all night. I never saw the wait over 45 minutes. We ended up waiting about 40 and had a great interaction.

This next part was our wasted time of the party. We checked on Nick and Judy's line but we'd miss the parade if we waited. Instead we went to try to find a parade spot but all the areas looked pretty full. We got out Sorcerer's cards and then headed to Jack Sparrow.

We waited maybe 15 minutes for him and had another great meet. We saw Peter Pan running amok around Adventureland.

We went in search of the Country Bears but they weren't out at the moment.

We had nothing we could fit in before fireworks, so we went to get a spot in the grassy fenced in area around 9:30. We heard the end of the castle show while we waited and got the ornament photopass picture.

I dunno, I'm never too impressed by the Christmas party fireworks but they were ok. Doesn't help that a dad came last minute with a kid on his shoulders and stood directly in front of me. I guess instead of fireworks around the castle it was fireworks around dad and kid silhouette?

After the fireworks we booked it to Nick and Judy and waited about 35 minutes. Another great interaction.

There was only about 10 minutes before the second parade but we managed to find a second row spot behind people sitting near the parade start in Frontierland. We watched on the HM side so when Santa showed up we booked it to the waterside path and quickly headed to Fantasyland.

We met Mary and Bert and only had to wait behind 3 groups. We debated getting in line for Aurora/Phillip and Snow/Prince, the line wasn't bad but we opted to go to Ariel and Eric who had about 8 groups ahead of us.

We met them then walked up to Belle who meets near Gaston's Tavern, she had no guests. After that we check on the princes/princesses but the line was closed.

We went to Storybook and got a photopass picture on the way. All the lines over there were short but closed, so we made it as last guests on the TTC.

I think we also hit all the treat spots throughout the night. The peppermint cookies and chocolate milk at Storybook were our favorites. I brought a large ziplock bag so we could put extra cookies in there and it worked real well.

I was a bit sad about having missed the first parade, I am pretty sure with how the park emptied out after fireworks we could have got about 2-3 more character groups in if we didn't have to watch the second parade. But other than that I was very pleased with what we got done on a sold out night.

Well we actually had a very successful party even though it sold out on Tuesday.

We used a day ticket to enter around 230. I hadn't made any fast passes because I wasn't expecting to enter that early. We just watched the Tiki Room and then milled around a bit. We went and sat by bench near Sandy Claws to see if the line was building. At about 345 my BF went to Philharmagic and they were handing out bands. He came back and got in line, we were the third group. I went to get my wristband and we settled in for a long wait.

6 pm: Sandy Claws came out promptly. A Make a Wish family met him first and we were done by 605. We booked it at fast as we could over to Donald and Scrooge but didn't get there until 6:13 and the line was already pretty long.

7:26 pm: we were done with the ducks, the line moved very long. they took a quick break one group ahead of us but came back out very fast.

7:41 pm: entered the line for Rapunzel/Flynn and Tiana/Naveen. This wait time was showing on the MDE app and I was surprised how short it was all night. I never saw the wait over 45 minutes. We ended up waiting about 40 and had a great interaction.

This next part was our wasted time of the party. We checked on Nick and Judy's line but we'd miss the parade if we waited. Instead we went to try to find a parade spot but all the areas looked pretty full. We got out Sorcerer's cards and then headed to Jack Sparrow.

We waited maybe 15 minutes for him and had another great meet. We saw Peter Pan running amok around Adventureland.

We went in search of the Country Bears but they weren't out at the moment.

We had nothing we could fit in before fireworks, so we went to get a spot in the grassy fenced in area around 9:30. We heard the end of the castle show while we waited and got the ornament photopass picture.

I dunno, I'm never too impressed by the Christmas party fireworks but they were ok. Doesn't help that a dad came last minute with a kid on his shoulders and stood directly in front of me. I guess instead of fireworks around the castle it was fireworks around dad and kid silhouette?

After the fireworks we booked it to Nick and Judy and waited about 35 minutes. Another great interaction.

There was only about 10 minutes before the second parade but we managed to find a second row spot behind people sitting near the parade start in Frontierland. We watched on the HM side so when Santa showed up we booked it to the waterside path and quickly headed to Fantasyland.

We met Mary and Bert and only had to wait behind 3 groups. We debated getting in line for Aurora/Phillip and Snow/Prince, the line wasn't bad but we opted to go to Ariel and Eric who had about 8 groups ahead of us.

We met them then walked up to Belle who meets near Gaston's Tavern, she had no guests. After that we check on the princes/princesses but the line was closed.

We went to Storybook and got a photopass picture on the way. All the lines over there were short but closed, so we made it as last guests on the TTC.

I think we also hit all the treat spots throughout the night. The peppermint cookies and chocolate milk at Storybook were our favorites. I brought a large ziplock bag so we could put extra cookies in there and it worked real well.

I was a bit sad about having missed the first parade, I am pretty sure with how the park emptied out after fireworks we could have got about 2-3 more character groups in if we didn't have to watch the second parade. But other than that I was very pleased with what we got done on a sold out night.
Thanks for the report! How crowded was the grassy fenced in area in front of Casey's for fireworks? Also going on a sold out night and that's one of the spots I was considering for watching.

Went to the party on December 10, lots of people everywhere, felt crowded and we avoided Main st/hub for most of the night.

3:45 got into the park via the event line

4:00 Mickey Mouse FP

4:30 Buzz Lightyear ride FP

Got in line for cotton candy because apparently the promise of treats later on wasn't enough for my husband and daughter. Did some pin trading.

5:00 Dumbo standby

Did some shopping at the tent

5:30 Barnstormer

Mobile order Casey's for dinner. Grab a seat next to the Nikon photo spot in front of the plaza viewing area (in front of tomorrow land terrace side) while husband goes to grab food. Sit and eat while waiting for frozen show.

6:15 Frozen holiday wish

6:30 Running of the bulls-I mean crowd- towards Mine train, photo time stamp is 6:48. Wait and line looks like it is doubled as we are walking off the ride, this trend will continue as the night goes on. Posted wait was longer but accurate after ride.

Stop in fantasyland treat spot to buy eggnog treat, husband said it's good, I don't like eggnog so didn't try it.

7:00 get on carousel with daughter as husband waits in treat line at pinocchios, I see him with drinks and cookies just as we are getting on the ride. His line was long but must have moved pretty fast.

7:10 get in line for Cinderella and prince/Elana, time stamp on photo says 7:20. Posted wait time accurate.

7:25 get in line for Tiana and Rapunzel side with princes. Posted wait time was 20 and they gave us a lanyard for the wait time update. The line did NOT move but was only 2-3 famlies longer than Cinderella's side. We couldn't figure out why the difference and were starting to get really angry as we wouldn't have gotten in line if we had known it was going to take so long. By the time we got in we found out why, they were closing the curtains for about a minute at a time to let families in the back. They were literally doubling the line. Photo time stamp is 8:12, wait time outside updated to 40 minutes when we walked out. If they had warned us so we would have the option to leave the line we would have been fine, but they made the wait misleading and it left a bad taste in our mouth.

8:15 made it over to liberty land for parade (had planned for second viewing but it was getting cold fast) got second row spot in front of treat station at the edge of the walkway while DH grabbed eggnog and molasses cookie. Once the walkway closed husband rushed with DD to sit at the front, I stayed back with the stroller as the parade wasn't really important to me. From what I could see I definitely prefer festival of fantasy and the Halloween parade.

8:45ish after parade ended we followed the crowd to big thunder mountain, had about a 10 minute wait. Line was doubled as we walked off. DD wanted more rides so we made our way to fantasy land.

9:20ish Rapunzel bathroom stop. I took DD then told DH to take her to the tea cups while I went. Met them there to find out ride was broken, he had my phone so they waited there for me instead of trying something else.

9:40ish decided to try and catch fireworks against DD's wishes (she wanted more rides). Made our way to the hub which was packed. Managed to grab a spot in the garden area in front of Casey's at the last minute. Everyone was sitting so we did to, nothing projected on the castle other than snowflakes so no loss on view there. We liked the fireworks, not the best show compared to Hallowishes and HEA but good.

10:20ish headed to tomorrow land for more rides for DD. Carousel of progress was also broken to DH's dismay so we rode the peoplemover since we refused to wait 20 minutes for buzz in the cold. Nick and Judy's line looked short from what we could see but we were kind of done at that point. Space mountain had a 15 minute wait posted, line was all the way outside.

11:00ish made our way down Main st just as the snow started to fall, pretty but very crowded. Bus to Wilderness Lodge showed up at 11:15 and thus ended our night.

Overall thoughts, if it was going to be crowded anyways I would choose the Halloween party or no party at all. The hot chocolate tasted really cheap, cookies were okay, never made it to adventure land for pretzel. Probably would have had a better time if it wasn't for the character line issue and crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter