"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
How crowded are the Wishes shows during MVMCP? Do you need to camp out for a seat like normal nighttime entertainment? How crowded are the parade routes?

How crowded are the Wishes shows during MVMCP? Do you need to camp out for a seat like normal nighttime entertainment? How crowded are the parade routes?
I haven't been to MVMCP but I have been to MNSSHP twice and I found that the first showing of the fireworks and parade are pretty crowded. I waited for the first parade at MNSSHP in the week before Halloween in 2016 from the minute I was in MK (and of course it got rained out :( but was able to easily watch the second parade without much issue). However, it definitely depends on when you're going to party I would imagine. If you're going closer to the holidays you might want to stake out a good spot early on but if it's a lower crowd night I don't think you'll have much of a problem - especially if you're not planning on watching the first showings.

I am very excited. We bought our tickets for Dec 10th. I have not been to a Christmas Party since 2001. Thank you all for all the information that you provide on this thread.

Happy Holiday Planning! :santa:

I am getting more excited as the days go by!

I've booked the Tiana's Riverboat Party and the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party. F! Dinning Package @ MM finally opened up, and I made our ADR. Now just waiting on ROL Dining Package, EMM & FEA Dessert Party. Not sure if will book any or all, but definitely interested. Excited to celebrate our anniversary and Christmas @ WDW again this year. And my 1N @ VGF came through, so I will not have to add another move to our stay and can sleep in & start our vacation off rested.

More details about merchandise and party treats have been released this week with the 1st MNSSHP being next week, so hopefully MVMCP details will soon follow. Loving the Christmas Merchandise too!!!

Happy Holiday Planning! :santa:

I am getting more excited as the days go by!

I've booked the Tiana's Riverboat Party and the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party. F! Dinning Package @ MM finally opened up, and I made our ADR. Now just waiting on ROL Dining Package, EMM & FEA Dessert Party. Not sure if will book any or all, but definitely interested. Excited to celebrate our anniversary and Christmas @ WDW again this year. And my 1N @ VGF came through, so I will not have to add another move to our stay and can sleep in & start our vacation off rested.

More details about merchandise and party treats have been released this week with the 1st MNSSHP being next week, so hopefully MVMCP details will soon follow. Loving the Christmas Merchandise too!!!
Where did you see the merchandise?

going November 14th!! having a special trip celebrating 20 years since my first trip to www, and 20 years since my grandmothers last trip (she and late grandfather took me to my first visit when i was 5)

praying i can find peter pan at the party with help from cast members last year i managed to find him
as he did not meet with wendy or by his ride he met in advetureland and was roaming (any news if this is the same plan) i was so grateful i brought my own camera as he did not have photo pass photographer either!

game plan is all day at MK then get our bands
see the castle light up show
group will catch a star show ill be waiting for peter pan at his area or wherever so i can chat and get photos
then ill meet my group who will be hopefully waiting for seven dwarves meet and greet
festive drinks and cookies
we have a be our guest reservation at 8:45 to give my grandma a break and for ppl in our group a chance to experience it for a first time, will get out and hopefully timing will be good and we will see fireworks
maybe do seven dwarves mine train and catch the second parade

for me finding peter is the most wanted wish (yes he meets daily but i don't care lol i love him ha and when he wears a scarf

IMG_0992.JPG
2016 mvmcp

Is anyone going just for a party? We decided to take a universal trip (our first) and I'm thinking about adding a mvmcp party.

We are very excited about universal, but I get motion sickness and a lot of the rides might be out for me. Thought it might be fun to ride some tried and trues at MK and see the decorations. We'd probably only go from 4pm - 9pm.

My ears are almost ready! These are a rough draft of them, they aren't sew together yet but I'm loving them! I can't wait to wear these at the parties!

File 19-08-17 12 32 32 PM.jpeg
(there'll be more pearls as stars and the backside are snowflakes!)
File 19-08-17 12 32 48 PM.jpeg
(the Santa hat will be higher and those small cookies will also have white dots on them)

What??? UT sells discounted Party tickets? I had no idea! I could have saved almost $50 if I had purchased through them :worried:

Is anyone going just for a party? We decided to take a universal trip (our first) and I'm thinking about adding a mvmcp party.

We are very excited about universal, but I get motion sickness and a lot of the rides might be out for me. Thought it might be fun to ride some tried and trues at MK and see the decorations. We'd probably only go from 4pm - 9pm.
We did just the party once but I would not do it 4pm-9pm. 7pm to close I would. 4pm-7pm was a zoo for us, didn't do much outside our fastpasses. It was great after the party started, did so many rides! But unless you can stay until 11pm I wouldn't do it, not worth it. (FWIW I suffer from motion sickness. I took Bonine [my med of choice] prior to HP castle ride and was ok- do NOT do that ride if you don't have your med of choice. My BFF is exact same, also took my meds & was fine- we didn't want to ride it again but we made it through once. There's something about the combination of the screens and roller coaster that's rough on us motion sickness prone people.)

We did just the party once but I would not do it 4pm-9pm. 7pm to close I would. 4pm-7pm was a zoo for us, didn't do much outside our fastpasses. It was great after the party started, did so many rides! But unless you can stay until 11pm I wouldn't do it, not worth it. (FWIW I suffer from motion sickness. I took Bonine [my med of choice] prior to HP castle ride and was ok- do NOT do that ride if you don't have your med of choice. My BFF is exact same, also took my meds & was fine- we didn't want to ride it again but we made it through once. There's something about the combination of the screens and roller coaster that's rough on us motion sickness prone people.)

Thanks so much for the advice on the party and the meds. I don't think we can stay that late; I may just scrap it and save a party for a WDW visit another trip. :)

Great to read all this fun info!! I finally convinced DH that we should do Florida for the kids' Christmas gifts, the week before Christmas. :) While our trip will be more focused on SeaWorld/Discovery Cove, I think it's a great time to try our first MVMCP! After kids go back to school soon I'll get our Disney Visa cash and buy our tickets. Yay!! I'm looking forward to hearing about the fun!

Exciting day! Bought our Xmas party tickets for Dec 5, as well as our first APs! Also excited about booking 6 FastPasses for that day!
:cool1:
You are still limited to 3 FPs per day, regardless of the number of ticket entitlements you hold.

Ooh you're totally right! Meant 6:15 as the next dinner is at 6:30 lol Thanks for the advice though! I couldn't quite remember if the boats ran from Ft. Wilderness, but will definitely be stalking out where it takes off from.
The boat dock is near the settlement area, so will be a quick walk after dinner!

You are still limited to 3 FPs per day, regardless of the number of ticket entitlements you hold.

That's what I thought, which is why I asked multiple times and the cast member assured me that I would be able to book fastpasses with a Xmas party ticket. Though I know cast members dont always disclose accurate information...

I haven't been to MVMCP but I have been to MNSSHP twice and I found that the first showing of the fireworks and parade are pretty crowded. I waited for the first parade at MNSSHP in the week before Halloween in 2016 from the minute I was in MK (and of course it got rained out :( but was able to easily watch the second parade without much issue). However, it definitely depends on when you're going to party I would imagine. If you're going closer to the holidays you might want to stake out a good spot early on but if it's a lower crowd night I don't think you'll have much of a problem - especially if you're not planning on watching the first showings.

MVMCP will be busy from the time of the 1st parade (when more families and kids are present) thru the fireworks show...then after the fireworks, a mass exodus will always happen...the 2nd parade showing is always less crowded than the 1st one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter