OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Well guys, I decided to throw caution and crowd calendars to the wind and we are now spending the evening in Epcot on Thanksgiving Day. I was feeling pretty lukewarm about going to HS on our last night and so I canceled the Fantasmic dessert package. I managed to snag a GG dinner last night, so I think we are back to our original plan.

I am NEVER planning a trip so far out again!! I am done with changes I swear :D

Thank you. Was the food on the side just leftovers? Do you remember what was brought to the table? Sorry all the questions, I just want to know if I should cancel the ADR. Thanks!
The food left on the side is the items remaining from the buffet. It includes the pastries and fruit. I wouldn't consider it the leftovers, they just don't bring any more of it out. It seems like the food brought to the table was eggs, bacon, sausage, the usual breakfast food. I wouldn't cancel! It is one of our favs.

Well guys, I decided to throw caution and crowd calendars to the wind and we are now spending the evening in Epcot on Thanksgiving Day. I was feeling pretty lukewarm about going to HS on our last night and so I canceled the Fantasmic dessert package. I managed to snag a GG dinner last night, so I think we are back to our original plan.

I am NEVER planning a trip so far out again!! I am done with changes I swear :D
Garden Grill food on Thanksgiving sounds PERFECT!!!

So last night was our work team night out. I may have consumed some adult beverages..... And now I know for sure that drinking around The World is not something I could manage. XD

You can just have a couple of drinks around the World. There are some tasty drinks in Epcot!

This is going to sound like a really stupid question, but I just purchased Memory Maker 24 days out. I understand this is a 30-day package, but that 30 day period doesn't actually begin until our vacation starts and/or the first picture is taken, correct?
o_O

Last edited:

The food left on the side is the items remaining from the buffet. It includes the pastries and fruit. I wouldn't consider it the leftovers, they just don't bring any more of it out. It seems like the food brought to the table was eggs, bacon, sausage, the usual breakfast food. I wouldn't cancel! It is one of our favs.
Thanks, as long as we can get more bacon we are good, lol.

This is going to sound like a really stupid question, but I just purchased Memory Maker 25 days out. I understand this is a 30-day package, but that 30 day period doesn't actually begin until our vacation starts and/or the first picture is taken, correct?
o_O
Correct, you are all good:thumbsup2

This is going to sound like a really stupid question, but I just purchased Memory Maker 24 days out. I understand this is a 30-day package, but that 30 day period doesn't actually begin until our vacation starts and/or the first picture is taken, correct?
o_O

I think the 30 days refers to how long you have to claim your photos. Lots of people purchase it in advance of their trips so it's linked to your magic band. No worries.

We have surprised the kids twice. The first time we did a scavenger hunt that stemmed from our advent calendar and told them the day before. That was hilarious because my oldest had a great reaction and my youngest had no clue what was going on, but copied his older brother. The second time we put notes in their Easter baskets with a bunch of Star Wars stuff for our trip as we were going for Star Wars weekends. And they flipped because they're Star Wars obsessed! I kind of wish we always did surprise trip because the reveals are fun!

When my kids were really little I packed all of their stuff while they were asleep, woke them up at 4 a.m., and told them to go get in the car because we're go to DW. That's pretty much the only time my kids were happy that I woke them up early.

Another time, I put out soaps and shampoos I kept from a previous visit to DW. I also put out napkins at meals that I had kept from our first trip to DW. I had napkins from Sci Fi Diner, Planet Hollywood, and a good bit that had the WDW logo. I found a Mickey head cake pan, and made a Mickey cake for dinner the night before we left.

And back to Disney talk :) lol I think we finally have a plan for our trip!!
18 - arrive
19 - MK with Harmony Barber Shop for DS
20 - AK
21 - Typhoon Lagoon/Epcot for dinner at Via Napoli or maybe MK for the evening
22 - HS - 50's Prime time for dinner
23 - MK with BBB for DD followed by BOG :) (Thanks again to the dis'r who transferred to me!!!)
24 - Epcot and Candlelight Processional dinner/show - this is a first for us. I'm excited but also still wondering if it's worth the dinner package to see it. If anyone wants to offer reviews I would love it!!
25 - leave for home (and and probably stop somewhere to watch the UofM/OSU game!)
O-H

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter