OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Magic Bands are here!
Plans:
16- Arrival- Spirit of Aloha
17- MK day- BOG breakfast, Crystal Palace Dinner
18- Epcot- Garden Grill breakfast, Coral Reef dinner
19- MK (DS bday) Chef Mickeys breakfast, Diamond Horseshoe lunch, DS Pirates League, DD Bibbidi Bobbidi, CRT dinner --Still hping for earlier time
20- (no park) 1900 park Fare breakfast, Beaches and Cram lunch, T-rex dinner
21- HS- Hollywood and Vine breakfast, Maama Melrose dinner

So, this is sort of new for us. We have been on a quick trip but nothing like this. Any thoughts from the experts? DD is 4 and DS turns 7 while there!!!

Our magic bands arrived yesterday!!! Only 25 days left!
We are driving down a day early on the 16th and staying at an off-site hotel.
17th Check in AKL then off to AK. Lunch at Tusker House
18th HS lunch at 50's prime time
19th MK dinner at Liberty Tree
20th epcot breakfast at Akershus, dinner at Chefs de France
21st MK lunch at BOG and dinner at Ohana
22nd AK dinner at 1900 Park Fare
23rd HS morning then maybe epcot evening dinner at Cape May
24th go home to recover from our vacation

Got our bands yesterday, too! I can't believe it's this real. We haven't been on vacation in 2 years!

Got our oil changed and tires rotated yesterday and started separating my daughter's shirts into the Ziplocks for packing. All of our trip shopping is done! Now I am checking the extended forecasts every day lol.

Firmed up our plans and added them to Character Locator. Still hoping for better times for Via Napoli dinner and Cape May breakfast. Here's the final plan!

11/14--drive all day
11/15--Universal
11/16--MK RD
11/17--Check into BC -- MK -- Beaches and Cream dinner then maybe JBJB after. (not sure we will have time)
11/18--Epcot RD --Via Napoli dinner --Illuminations?
11/19--Universal for Christmas events
11/20--HS
11/21-- late Bon Voyage breakfast--MK --HEA dessert party
11/22--Sanaa lunch --AK until they close
11/23--Cape May breakfast--Epcot--Garden Grill dinner --Illuminations if we missed it earlier in the trip.
11/24--drive home

Thanks to everyone for reading my never ending posts and answering my questions and giving advice. I love this thread!

We've received both sets of magic bands for our split stay.
Lime and orange for me, blue and red for DH.
Starting to get slightly concerned about our DME luggage tags.
Getting really excited but also stressed out!

17 more days til our girls only trip! We are so excited. We decorated our Magic Bands yesterday and firmed up our plan, which is pretty simple....

Wed, 11/8 - arrival at hotel around 10:30, EPCOT for rides and F&W, monorail to MK for HEA
Thu, 11/9 - MK for rides and QS lunch, pool time at CBR, then EPCOT for F&W
Fri, 11/10 - AK for most of the day, then pool time and a late evening monorail crawl for my birthday!
Sat, 11/11 - DS in morning for shopping and lunch at Paradiso 37, then HS for rides and the new holiday stuff
Sun, 11/12 - EPCOT for our last F&W goodies, then AK for Pandora at night and ROL
Mon - DS for a couple of hours before the Tragical Express takes us back to reality

We don't do dining reservations every day because of F&W, and we don't make a touring plan. We have our FP for our faves and two for FOP, and we will just go with the flow for everything else! Can't wait for good food, yummy cocktails, and girl time with my sister, sister-in-law, and my (adult) niece!

Last edited:

Magic Bands are here!
Plans:
16- Arrival- Spirit of Aloha
17- MK day- BOG breakfast, Crystal Palace Dinner
18- Epcot- Garden Grill breakfast, Coral Reef dinner
19- MK (DS bday) Chef Mickeys breakfast, Diamond Horseshoe lunch, DS Pirates League, DD Bibbidi Bobbidi, CRT dinner --Still hping for earlier time
20- (no park) 1900 park Fare breakfast, Beaches and Cram lunch, T-rex dinner
21- HS- Hollywood and Vine breakfast, Maama Melrose dinner

So, this is sort of new for us. We have been on a quick trip but nothing like this. Any thoughts from the experts? DD is 4 and DS turns 7 while there!!!
Well at 4 and 7 years old I think they would enjoy Animal Kingdom a lot more than HS. HS is very limited and once you take TOT and RRC out based on height restrictions there just really is not that much to do.

2 MK days is definitely a good idea (we are doing the same and our kids are much older, MK just has so much) , also a day off like you've planned with kids that young is also a great idea.

Pirates League is great, our DD and DS loved it when they did it.

27 days!!! Magic bands have shipped :)

11/18- HS during the day and Epcot for a couple hours that night, Cape May Cafe Dinner at 5pm on way over to Epcot
11/19- AK, got FOP fastpass, can't wait to ride! QS lunch at Satu'li and Dinner at Boma
11/20- Epcot, Chefs De France for Dinner
11/21- MK part 1 :) ,Lunch QS at Columbia Harbour House. Ohana for Dinner!!!
11/22- MK part 2, I know it's going to be insane the day before Thanksgiving but at least we can stay until 2AM, haha, BOG for lunch

So excited... 19 days! Here are our plans. It is myself, DH, 6 year old DS, and 4 year old DD.

11/11. Arrive at AKL in the afternoon. Dinner at Boma. Hang out at resort.

11/12. AK. Gonna do FOP with FP+ and rider swap. Tusker house lunch with ROL dining package.

11/13. HS. Hoping to sign up for Jedi training. Dinner at 50s PT.

11/14. MVMCP. BBB apt for DD at DS. Breakfast at CM, dinner at CRT. Very very excited about this day...

11/15. Epcot. Dinner at Biergarten. Future World in the morning, World Showcase in the afternoon.

11/16. Renting a car to Legoland. Dinner at ohana.

11/17. Morning at MK. BOG at 8:05. Park opens for EMH at 7, not sure if we will make it that early though. Kids going to Simbas cubhouse in the evening while DH and I do the Wanyama safari and dinner at Jiko.

11/18. Last day in the parks . Epcot in the morning, MK in the evening. Saying goodbye with HEA.

11/19 Fly home.

We have an afternoon nap planned for every day except Legoland day, but they should have time to sleep in the car that day. I can't believe it's almost here. I started planning this in 2014...

Last edited:
We leave Iowa the 10th but there's all driving so here is our plan:

Nov. 11-arrive at French quarter in early afternoon. dinner at Disney springs (probably the polite pig) and exploring

Nov 12- ANimal Kingdom. Breakfast At Tusker House at 8:30

Nov 13-magic Kingdom early Dinner at Ohana.

Nov 14- Magic Kingdom breakfast at Be our Guest And Dinner at Trex

Nov 15 Hollywood Studios-dinner At Homecomingg

Nov 16-epcot dinner At Biergartenn

Nov 17-animal KINGdom DInner At MIckeys Backyard bbq

Nov 18-head home

So exciting to see everyone's plans

I've told myself that my FP's and ADR's are near perfect and that I'm done messing with them... been off MDE 3 days, so maybe it will stick lol!

I am still trying to find a Bon Voyage for our last morning so We can spend our entire AK day at only AK from Breakfast to close.
22 Days and I really need to stop looking and say I am done tweaking too.

29 days out!!!!! Magic Express info arrived last week, Magic Bands should arrive soon. :sunny:
Glad to see everyone's plans coming together. pixiedust:

21st - we arrive POR
22nd - MK, up all night
23rd- DHS, Mama Melrose for Thanksgiving Dinner
24th - AK - First time to Pandora
25th - EPCOT, Biergarten Candlelight Processional Package
26th - MK, MVMCP (surprising the family):thumbsup2

20 days to go and here are our plans:

12- Flying in super early, resort hop and MVMCP
13- Breakfast at The Wave, resort and hopefully dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Rest of the family lands around dinner time.
14- Epcot. Breakfast at Garden Grill
15-Magic Kingdom. Breakfast at Crystal Palace
16-Animal Kingdom. Breakfast at Tusker House. Our Grandparents are joining us this day.
17- EMH at Magic Kingdom and PM in Hollywood Studios. Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine- In
18- Disney Springs and fly out really late

18 days for us! My travel party threw me for a loop last week when one of them suddenly decided she couldn't go, but we were able to get someone else to take her place and, after an hour on the phone to replace the name on the reservation, everything worked out. I still have a couple pairs of homemade Mickey ears to finish and a pair of leggings to hem, but I did pull my suitcase out over the weekend to start throwing stuff in!

It's a short trip for us...here are our plans:

11/10 - Leave home (south GA) in two cars at around 8:30 am. Check in to Pop around 12:30. Head to Disney Springs (dinner ADR at Raglan Road at 6:30)
11/11 - Epcot! We're going to RD TT, then head to Soarin'. FPs for Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, and FEA. Plan to eat/drink our weights at F&W. Dinner ADR at Spice Road Table at 8:30.
11/12 - MK. FPs for SDMT, Peter Pan's Flight, and Haunted Mansion. We plan to eat lunch at Columbia Harbor House, and we have a dinner ADR at BOG for 5:50. We're not attending the party, so after dinner, we'll hop on the monorail and explore the monorail resorts, maybe watch the fireworks from the Poly.
11/13 - Check out of Pop, and then Animal Kingdom (EMH morning). We'll RD Na'vi. FPs for FOP, Finding Nemo, and the Safari. Three of us are leaving the park to drive home around 4 :sad:, and the other two have a dinner ADR at Y&Y for 6:00.
11/14 - The last two of us check out of Pop and drive home.

Not sure if I've posted our plans yet, but the more times I type, the more likely I am to memorize them!

We start our journey next Monday! :mickeyjum

10/30- Start driving after work, stay the night in the Jacksonville area
10/31- Continue the drive; check in at Swan; Explore F&W booths; Dinner ADR Rose&Crown
11/1- F&W Booth Lunch; MNSSHP; Dinner ADR Skipper's Canteen
11/2- W&D Expo; Satuli Lunch; Dinner ADR Tiffins
11/3- F&W Booth Lunch; Dinner ADR Le Cellier
11/4- W&D 10K; Parisian Breakfast; F&W Booth Lunch; Dinner ADR Il Mulino
11/5- W&D Half Marathon; French Family Lunch; Dinner ADR La Hacienda; W&D After Party
11/6- MK QS Lunch; Dinner ADR Homecoming
11/7- Move to YC; Nomad Lounge Lunch; F&W Booth Dinner
11/8- Mexican Lunch; Dinner ADR California Grill
11/9- F&W Booth Lunch; MVMCP; QS Dinner
11/10- Drive Home :(

Might as well jump on the bandwagon. Leaving in 11 days!

Fri 11/3 – flight arrives about 6pm
Sat 11/4 – pool day, dinner at DS
Sun 11/5 – MK, lunch at CRT
Mon 11/6 – Epcot, eating/drinking all day at F&W booths
Tues 11/7 – rest day, may try for a last minute reservation at one of the resorts
Wed 11/8 – HS, dinner at Sci Fi
Thurs 11/9 – AK, lunch at TH
Fri 11/10 – still undecided about MVMCP. Depending on weather, may do Typhoon Lagoon instead
Sat 11/11 - lunch at Splitsville to watch football before heading home. Flight out at 6pm.
Sun 11/12 – PDD (Post Disney Depression) sets in, unpacking
Mon 11/13 – start planning next Disney trip :)

11/19- AK, got FOP fastpass, can't wait to ride! QS lunch at Satu'li and Dinner at Boma
We are AK that day too-what time are your fastpass for FoP?-I managed to snag some for 4-5 when all those extras dropped a couple weeks ago. :banana:

Mon 11/13 – start planning next Disney trip
LOL! yep!

So-plans: we are driving this time (>1000mile each way) and I think I have DH convinced to start the drive on the 17th when kids home from school. Staying offsite in Marriott Cypress Harbour.
18th-arrival day, likely just relax-Disney Springs vs our traditional first meal at Ale House? maybe a park if we feel like it.
19th-check into MCH resort, DAK in afternoon (so far this is my DCP DD only confirmed day off so we want to spend time with her)
20th-Afternoon in MK, dinner at Jungle Canteen, morning open
21st-late morning start at DHS, will play by ear if we want to do more after FP
22nd-off day, no plans-hoping DD gets some time off to spend with her. Was considering Capones dinner and show?
23rd-RD MK, fastpass starting at 9:20, out of park likely by noonish, to resort for dinner (Publix is cooking TDay turkey)
24th-RD Epcot. Holidays around world, have late morning FP, will see how crowded it gets. Still CP packages available and debating on this.
25th-I'd planned a late afternoon DHS day for JBJB but I waited too long to get a dessert party! Still have this as late day DHS with Trattoria dinner...
26th-drive home.

We got AP's this year and so we aren't going nuts as DH and I will be back over NYE (to get DCP kid when program ends) and again next early June for last trip on the AP.

12 Days!!! Still no Magical Express packet :scared:, but here is the plan (keeping it fairly unscheduled and loose since this is our first Disney trip since DS started having seizures)...

11/4---Flight doesn't get in until 5:50, so no Parks. Dinner at Raglan Road and maybe some pool time, depending on energy levels.
11/5---Trail's End Brunch then MK
11/6---AK in am, then Epcot for F&W
11/7---DHS 1/2 day, then either Epcot or MK
11/8---Sleep in or Epcot/MK in the morning, then AK
11/9---MK, lunch at BOG, followed by date night at Artist Point and Cali Grill.
11/10---free day, we have FPs scheduled at Epcot, but no definite plans besides the unfortunate Unmagical Express around 5p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter