*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

How do you book hoop de doo with the dining plan?
Best thing to do is call up.

Its a reservation that without credits you pay for in advance, calling up makes sure they use your points, and not your credit card by mistake. We always call up for the upfront payment ressies :)

Our 180 is coming soon (5/30). Hoping to get a early dinner at CRT on our +5 for 11 people. Worried though, since parties seem to be filling the ADRs - it’s not a party night but of course I still worry! Also hoping to book tickets to an EMM on 11/27. Fingers crossed it’s offered, I’ll find out Monday!

Just booked a manicure for my mom & a Character Couture Magical Makeover for me. princess: The DPB video sold me! We'll go before we eat at CRT.

Our 180 is coming soon (5/30). Hoping to get a early dinner at CRT on our +5 for 11 people. Worried though, since parties seem to be filling the ADRs - it’s not a party night but of course I still worry! Also hoping to book tickets to an EMM on 11/27. Fingers crossed it’s offered, I’ll find out Monday!
Hope you get both your CRT dinner & your EMM. I love EMM! :wizard:

For those who will be there for Thanksgiving, what are your plans that day? As of right now, we are using that as our one "resort day" to enjoy the Grand Floridian and then hopefully dinner at Artist Point. My window for ADRs opens next Thursday so we shall see.

For those who will be there for Thanksgiving, what are your plans that day?

My family of 5 is flying in from PA and checking into AoA on Thanksgiving Day. My parents from NJ are joining us on their first real Disney trip in 30 years, but would have already driven down and stayed off site for a couple of days prior. After we check in and they check in to Pop (and they might hit Disney Springs), the plans include dinner at Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Then my folks will take my DS9 on Pirate Pals Fireworks Voyage while wifey and I get DS14 and DS6 all settled in. This is a surprise trip for them and the plan is for them to not even know until we get to the airport that morning. All they know is that they are spending Thanksgiving with Nana and Grandpa.

Friday - have to spend the first day at MK, busy though it will be. Plan is for BOG lunch and CRT dinner. We might have issues getting these ADRs this early in our trip. We could do them later, but these are a highlight for my mom, so try to get them in as early as possible. We will return to MK for portions of two or three other days, but not necessarily all together. This day, we focus on Frontier Land, Adventure Land, and Liberty Square.

Saturday - AK, amEMH. Based on calendar and crowd levels, this is open later and should be able to do all we want here in just the one day. Lunch at Tusker House with RoL package.

Sunday - My folks hit Disney Springs while my crew do late Ohana Breakfast, then check out the GF Gingerbread House before all 7 of us head back to MK for MVMCP.

Monday - Hollywood Studios. Big Star Wars fans. Past history dampers the hopes of the SWAGS fireworks and dessert party running during our stay, bummer. But prob. H&V fantasmic package that day. (DS9's biggest dream is for Mickey CM to get sick last minute and they need him to do the Sorcerer Mickey role in the show!). Probably save Toy Story Land for another day, unless the lighter crowds get us through everything much quicker than anticipated.

Tuesday - Epcot. Lunch at Teppan Edo. Our kids have never experienced the hibachi meal prep "show", and my folks will use this for Candlelight Processional package. (My kids won't be able to sit through it). Perhaps we hit the Frozen Dessert Party

Wednesday - pool/rest day for my crew and DS9 hits a pirate adventure cruise. Later DS14 will get some alone time to chill and Minecraft while DS9 & DS6 go to Pixar Play Zone and DW and I enjoy Ohana. My folks will go resort hopping through the Epcot resorts, lunch at Yachtsman, then hit the monorail resorts, before dinner at SoA.

Thursday - My folks will do Yuletide Fantasy Tour and then stay at Epcot for the afternoon and evening. Light dinner at Le Cellier and maybe Frozen Dessert Party. My crew will begin at MK and hit Fantasyland. Depending on crowd size, we might get into Tomorrowland, but perhaps not. We will hop over to HS to hit Toy Story Land and maybe a JBJB Dessert party.

Friday (Nov. 30) - For my crew, we begin at MK, finish Tomorrowland, if needed, then go back to Adventure Land for Pirates League and the Pirate Adventure interactive game. Then we hop to Epcot, DS9 and DS 6 would do Agent P and Chip&Dale Christmas Tree Spree, and DS14 may go back through Future World. My folks plan for this day is not set, might have rest/pool time, might join us, might go to HS. They will have dinner at California Grill and watch fireworks from there.

Saturday Dec. 1 - All of us will head over to Disney Springs. Will later go back to MK to enjoy Main Street and fireworks one last time before departing the next day.

Sunday Dec. 2 - My crew of 5 (plus maybe my folks) will have Chef Mickey's breakfast before flying back home. My folks will pick up their furbaby from the Disney kennel and drive back home.

That's our plan. We have Free Dining for the middle portion of our trip (Nov. 24-29 for us and Nov. 24-30 for them). So, for now, this is a three-part split stay, which makes monitoring dining credits quite tricky. Our plan is to have printed itineraries for our kids when we arrive at the airport so they can then know all that we've got planned.

Split stay question....

Split stay for 11/22-11/24 then 11/24-12/1.

I know that I have to do ADRs in two different windows. However, I have read where folks have gotten lucky and been able to book all at once (and they are not AP or DVC). Anyone ever have this experience?

I am a nervous wreck about ADRs haha. I have everything laid out the best I can including strategically placing hard to get and everything. Anyone else get super stressed?!

Our dates are the same but I just canceled my Room reservation. I was playing around and can save $400 staying off site. I will take the $400 and drive to the parks lol.

Our dates are the same but I just canceled my Room reservation. I was playing around and can save $400 staying off site. I will take the $400 and drive to the parks lol.

Are you staying at one of the off-site resorts that still get Disney 60 day fp and other benefits?

Are you staying at one of the off-site resorts that still get Disney 60 day fp and other benefits?

No I'm not and I did think about that but we will be there for a week in Sept and we are staying on property then, so for this trip we will be okay with the 30.

No I'm not and I did think about that but we will be there for a week in Sept and we are staying on property then, so for this trip we will be okay with the 30.

I know the more trips we take, the less we feel like we need to fit everything into one trip. After our APs expire, we won't be going down as much.

I forgot all about this board! I had posted as soon as it was created and then clearly lost track! 25 pages of posts already - I've got some catching up to do!

My update - ADR window opened on 5/10. Was supposed to be day to day ADRs because of our stay at Dolphin, but the whole window was open on the first day. I was flustered but booked enough to make me happy. Still can't get BOG lunch, but will keep trying. I've been proctoring a ton of AP tests lately and I was able to sketch out a good itinerary.

In the meantime, hubby and I took a quick trip to WDW at the end of April and stayed at Dolphin (where we will be staying in November) and it got us super excited to bring the kids back. There is so much to do at the resort, and the whole Epcot area is amazing, not to mention the walk to Epcot.

We enjoyed F&G which is making us even more excited for F&W. I'm a bit "nervous" though b/c our Epcot day is going to be Thursday, 11/8 which is when Epcot has 9 - 11 PM EMH. I'm worried the crowds will be huge!

Our group of 8 (2 families of 4) booked dinner at Biergarten for that night. While we will enjoy F&W, we feel it might be best to sit down with the 4 kids for a real meal.

I know the more trips we take, the less we feel like we need to fit everything into one trip. After our APs expire, we won't be going down as much.

That's kind of how we are. We were there in march for a week, and will be there for September for a week. We have a weekend in July and we even did a day trip so we don't feel like we will miss anything really just wanted to squeeze in one last trip on the AP's and catch some of the Christmas decorations.

For those who will be there for Thanksgiving, what are your plans that day? As of right now, we are using that as our one "resort day" to enjoy the Grand Floridian and then hopefully dinner at Artist Point. My window for ADRs opens next Thursday so we shall see.

We arrive the Fri before so will have already had days in the parks so decided to leave Thanksgiving Day open except for dinner at Boma. We may decide to go back to AK or mini golf. Sunday is ADR day. I need good vibes from everyone I am a little nervous. Thanks!

We just booked AKV Kidani Village for 11/24 - 12/2. It will be me, DW, 2DD's and we are taking out nephew. It will be his first trip to WDW and he is 15! We are going to do MVMCP on Thursday the 29th.

That's our ADR day too! I am so behind this year but luckily we don't want too many hard to get ADR's this time.:teeth:

Its a reservation that without credits you pay for in advance, calling up makes sure they use your points, and not your credit card by mistake. We always call up for the upfront payment ressies :)

Call in so they can apply your credits.

I’ve done this before but it’s been years. I want to book for 7 of us total. My family of 4 and then my sister and her husband and their 2 year old. They haven’t booked their stay yet but may this weekend. If they are linked to us in MDE can I boom for all 7 of us using DDP credits (12 TS total as the little one doesn’t need/have any)? Trying to avoid paying but definitely want us all on the same reservation.

Thank you so much! I followed your advice and called today! :)

I’ve done this before but it’s been years. I want to book for 7 of us total. My family of 4 and then my sister and her husband and their 2 year old. They haven’t booked their stay yet but may this weekend. If they are linked to us in MDE can I boom for all 7 of us using DDP credits (12 TS total as the little one doesn’t need/have any)? Trying to avoid paying but definitely want us all on the same reservation.
Yes you could I theory use your credits. Then balance it out with your family’s credits at another restaurant if need be

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter