*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

Hello!
So, this will be DH and I first trip to WDW in November...
We have been there many times before,but often in the summer or September/Oktober....
I have been shopping for Matching T-Shirts... (Spent way to much money... and I am not finished yet) but I don`t know what the weather would be like in early November?
Can we wear T-Shirts, Shorts, Capri Pants etc? OR would we also need some Hoodies? Long sleve T-Shirts? Pants?

We are staying at POP, November 3-10 with 7 days park hoppers and the Dining Plan.
Right now, I am having a bit of trouble deciding on witch parks we like to go to.. what to see etc...
And WHERE TO EAT... We have some reservations, but I think I will need to change some of them to another day.

DH HAVE to eat at 50`s Prime Time...
We have also reservations for TUSKER HOUSE (I have never been there) I would like to buy the Rivers of Light Package
1900 PARK FARE (I am not sure if I want to keep that one)
GARDEN GRILL for dinner
Hollywood and Vine Minnies seasonal dinner (I am not sure if we should keep this one, because I have read some mixed revues) What do you think?

I don`t have any reservations for our day at MK or EPCOT (I would really like to get Breakfast at BOG... but no luck so far)
Any other suggestions for where to eat for DH and I? Both TS and QS and Snacks...?

We are also thinking of having a day at UNIVERSAL (Dh has not been there since 2001) and of course SHOPPING.

We also got tickets to the MCMCP and we would like to see the Christmas show at HS also.
I don`t know if AK will have their decorations up yet?
Any other things we MUST SEE?

I am sorry for all the questions.. I have many more.. but I will start out with this post.
Oh.. I am going back to WDW with my choir next summer so I am planning of getting an AP while we are there.

Thank you, from Adèle Marie (Norway)

Hello!
We have been there many times before,but often in the summer or September/Oktober....
I have been shopping for Matching T-Shirts... (Spent way to much money... and I am not finished yet) but I don`t know what the weather would be like in early November?
Can we wear T-Shirts, Shorts, Capri Pants etc? OR would we also need some Hoodies? Long sleve T-Shirts? Pants?

We are staying at POP, November 3-10 with 7 days park hoppers and the Dining Plan.
Right now, I am having a bit of trouble deciding on witch parks we like to go to.. what to see etc...
And WHERE TO EAT... We have some reservations, but I think I will need to change some of them to another day.

We have also reservations for TUSKER HOUSE (I have never been there) I would like to buy the Rivers of Light Package
GARDEN GRILL for dinner
Hollywood and Vine Minnies seasonal dinner (I am not sure if we should keep this one, because I have read some mixed revues) What do you think?

I don`t have any reservations for our day at MK or EPCOT (I would really like to get Breakfast at BOG... but no luck so far)
Any other suggestions for where to eat for DH and I? Both TS and QS and Snacks...?

We are also thinking of having a day at UNIVERSAL (Dh has not been there since 2001) and of course SHOPPING.

We also got tickets to the MCMCP and we would like to see the Christmas show at HS also.

I am sorry for all the questions.. I have many more.. but I will start out with this post.
Oh.. I am going back to WDW with my choir next summer so I am planning of getting an AP while we are there.

You have a lot of great plans.

I’ve necer eaten at Hollywood & Vine. The reviews have kept me away.

MK my dh always wants to eat at Casey’s for qs so we haven’t tried many there. We really liked our BOG dinner last trip but they’ve changed the menu to a signature. For snacks I really like the ice cream cookie sandwich at the Plaza & the chocolate covered pineapple from Big Top (I think all the confectionaries have them).

Epcot the bakery in France had some good things for a QS breakfast. We get the nachos in MX & share them for lunch. My favorite for snacks is Karmelle Kuche in Germany. That store smells like Heaven. I want to eat all of things.

I never went that early in November but have gone at the end of November. DH wore shorts all week. I wore dry fit capris all week & also wore capris in July all week too. But in November I needed a light jacket for the nights & morning. I did wear jeans once or twice.

Hello!

GARDEN GRILL for dinner

I went that same week two years ago. The weather was beautiful. We wore shorts and t shirts during the day and took hoodies for the evening. The night we went to the Christmas Party, I did wear capris and a hoodie.

We did Tusker House and really enjoyed it. We thought the food was really good and the characters were fun. We also did Hollywood and Vine and it was your standard buffet food. It was a fine meal, not great. We did love the characters in their holiday outfits and it was great to get a family photo with Santa Goofy.

As for TS we loved San Angel Inn in Epcot. We also liked Sunshine Seasons for QS in Epcot as well.

As for MK, Jungle Skipper Canteen was good and you always seem to be able to get reservations there. Also, when we went we had a PPO breakfast reservation to BOG, but they changed the park hours, so it was no longer PPO. If you are looking for a PPO reservation, keep that in mind, because it is Jersey week and hours will be extended as we get closer.

As for the Christmas decorations, they go up that week. MK will be done, but the rest of the parks went up that week. We only saw Christmas decorations in MK and HS. AK went up the day after we were there and I am not sure when Epcot's went up.

Hello!

GARDEN GRILL for dinner

November weather is usually great. It's warm during the day and the humidity is low. After dark it can cool off. I wear shorts and tees and we go swimming too. I may take a hoodie with me in the evenings to the park.

Hello!

GARDEN GRILL for dinner

Sounds like you have some great plans so far! I love Tusker House! I haven’t had BOG for breakfast but I love going inside so I would continue to try to find reservations! Some usually even open up a day or 2 before when people need to cancel to avoid the $10/per person fee.
For EPCOT I loved Via Napoli for table service! My favorite quick service is la cantina in the Mexico pavilion. If you’re going to food and wine I’ve heard a lot of people snacking around the world at the food and wine booths.
I went last November 6-14. The weather was beautiful!! It only rained once our whole trip and it was only for about an hour, if that. I get cold easily and am from Southern California(so I guess take this with a grain of salt haha) but I actually got cold on my trip. The best advice I was given was to pack layers. I was in shorts and a t shirt and a light sweatshirt one day but later on in the trip I was in pants, a long sleeve, a sweatshirt, and a light fleece over all of that and was still slightly cold. Someone told me before my trip that even though it only says it’s 65, it feels way colder.
We were able to see decorations in MK and HS but AK wasn’t decorated until after we had visited it already (we visited on nov 12) and I think EPCOT was later on in the moth. We were able to see some small trees up in a couple of shops, but that was it.

Last edited:

We have done this restaurant twice: once so my kids could do the Disney Jr breakfast, which was ok. I don't think I would have done it again, but they had a Star Wars meal there with Jedi Mickey and Goofy Vader, et all. It sucked me in and was probably the worst dining experience ever. (Tony's in MK is a second for us, but there the food was just blah...) Lots of issues service wise, food wise, the bathrooms were filthy. It was just not a pleasant experience so we haven't been back, but the characters in holiday outfits is a draw.

Any other suggestions for where to eat for DH and I?

In MK my husband loves Columbia Harbor House. In Epcot Tangerine Cafe is our favorite Quick Serve. So good! We'd opt out of a TS to eat there!

The weather is mostly warm to mild. Shorts and t-shirts with a light layer. Some years (I've gone this time frame a few years now) we've needed the evening layer and last year we really didn't.

I don't remember decorations there last year. MK and DHS definitely had them!

We are officially booked 11/20-11/27. We are staying at Pop. This will be our first time in a value resort and with the refurbished rooms I am going into this with a positive vibes:D

I know my sons are going to love the resort theme and they will also like the room decor and pull down bed. This will be our first Thanksgiving trip and the children will know nothing until we leave for the airport :tongue:

I just booked my first Thanksgiving trip 11/20-11/25!:banana:
We go in August every year, and I'm having a hard time planning for this trip because I don't know what to expect with crowds. Our main plan is to take in all of the holiday things since we never get to see them. I've checked a few sites for crowd calendars and recommended park days, but I feel like I'm getting conflicting ideas. I'm sure they are all almost equally crowded.

I was planning on Epcot for Thanksgiving Day, but not doing the Candlelight processional until Saturday.
Is Epcot an ok choice for Thanksgiving? Will I regret waiting for the Candlelight Processional? I have LeCellier booked for Thanksgiving lunch, but I could change my package for that day and cancel LeCellier. I wish the narrator for the 24th would be announced because maybe that would help me make up my mind :goodvibes

:confused3 I'm driving myself insane. Any advice?

We go in August every year, and I'm having a hard time planning for this trip because I don't know what to expect with crowds.

We went last year in August and we’re going again next week! I also wanted to know about Thanksgiving. We splurged and upgraded to the Premier pass so I’m itching to go again, but we’re stuck with my son’s school schedule. :scratchin

We went last year in August and we’re going again next week! I also wanted to know about Thanksgiving. We splurged and upgraded to the Premier pass so I’m itching to go again, but we’re stuck with my son’s school schedule. :scratchin
School schedules are tough. I have 3 kids in school, and DW is a teacher in the same district. Everyone is off Thursday and Friday, of course, but deer hunting season opens for only like 2 weeks or something that next Monday. None of us are hunters but since half of the kids and staff are in our area, Monday and Tuesday are also off school. So, we are flying in Thanksgiving morning, and not flying home till Dec. 2....and only missing 3 days of school on an 11-day trip.

I'm so jealous! I was planning on staying at the Beach Club next week, but I waited too long to get my trip planned and then DH decided he didn't want to go so last minute so close to school starting again (we're teachers). I had to give up the Beach Club and Halloween party for Pop Century and Christmas Decorations. I'm thrilled though because I can't wait to experience less humidity and I've always wanted to see the Christmas decorations. This year our district gave us the day before Thanksgiving off so we felt it was our perfect chance for a few days.

I hope you have fun next week! :cheer2:

Finally booked our flights for our Thanksgiving trip 11/21-11/26! Got awesome times and direct both ways on Southwest for an AMAZING price! So happy :flower1: Was very nervous about flight prices over a school vacation week, but these ended up being about half of what I was expecting to pay!
It isn't our normal/local airport, but only a 45 minute drive with MUCH cheaper weekly parking.
Now I can really start getting excited for my solo September trip :)

Hello!

GARDEN GRILL for dinner

This is my first post on the site. My DH and I will be at Pop Nov 25 - 29.

We are officially booked 11/20-11/27. We are staying at Pop. This will be our first time in a value resort and with the refurbished rooms I am going into this with a positive vibes:D

I know my sons are going to love the resort theme and they will also like the room decor and pull down bed. This will be our first Thanksgiving trip and the children will know nothing until we leave for the airport :tongue:

We go in August every year, and I'm having a hard time planning for this trip because I don't know what to expect with crowds. Our main plan is to take in all of the holiday things since we never get to see them. I've checked a few sites for crowd calendars and recommended park days, but I feel like I'm getting conflicting ideas. I'm sure they are all almost equally crowded.

I was planning on Epcot for Thanksgiving Day, but not doing the Candlelight processional until Saturday.
Is Epcot an ok choice for Thanksgiving? Will I regret waiting for the Candlelight Processional? I have LeCellier booked for Thanksgiving lunch, but I could change my package for that day and cancel LeCellier. I wish the narrator for the 24th would be announced because maybe that would help me make up my mind :goodvibes

:confused3 I'm driving myself insane. Any advice?

Finally booked our flights for our Thanksgiving trip 11/21-11/26! Got awesome times and direct both ways on Southwest for an AMAZING price! So happy :flower1: Was very nervous about flight prices over a school vacation week, but these ended up being about half of what I was expecting to pay!
It isn't our normal/local airport, but only a 45 minute drive with MUCH cheaper weekly parking.

Welcome to the roll call everyone!!

The willingness to seek out alternate airports can often be the key.

So my DH was on the Disney web site and they had a list of restaurants who are going to be serving thanksgiving feasts. Boma was not in the list and I have Boma booked for thanksgiving based on the recommendation of those on the DIS. Please tell me I've heard right and there will be traditional Thanksgiving favorites on the menu on Thanksgiving Day at Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter