*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

Airfares under $100?! Where do you guys fly out of??
I fly out of Manchester, NH (preferred) or Boston and I never see fares that low!
Lowest I have seen is $114! I want $25 or even $80 fares!
Philly. Baltimore had even cheaper flights but we’re from south jersey and my wife didn’t want to drive that far

Philly. Baltimore had even cheaper flights but we’re from south jersey and my wife didn’t want to drive that far
I fly out of North Jersey and the lowest SW I have gotten is $45 one way.

It is crazy how much it fluctuates! I assumed I would be paying more on the high end for this time of year. I have a trip booked the week of Easter and it is about $70 more per person roundtrip. I am so happy I booked when I did because the "Wanna Get Away" tiers for both flights are sold out. Still a HUGE savings compared to United, but not my usual SW rate. haha

I fly out of North Jersey and the lowest SW I have gotten is $45 one way.

It is crazy how much it fluctuates! I assumed I would be paying more on the high end for this time of year. I have a trip booked the week of Easter and it is about $70 more per person roundtrip. I am so happy I booked when I did because the "Wanna Get Away" tiers for both flights are sold out. Still a HUGE savings compared to United, but not my usual SW rate. haha
Honestly, I don’t know why anyone would fly anything but southwest unless they don’t have an airport remotely close to them. Even if you don’t get a $25 flight like we did, their prices are so much cheaper when you factor in the checked bags and carryons.

Honestly, I don’t know why anyone would fly anything but southwest unless they don’t have an airport remotely close to them. Even if you don’t get a $25 flight like we did, their prices are so much cheaper when you factor in the checked bags and carryons.
Agreed! So many airlines delay that paying for the "perfect" time does not always work. SW offers fewer, but as long as I can get an early flight out I am happy. I have even changed trip dates just because I got a better deal searching the low fare calendar.

I always try to push my friends and family to use SW if they can. I find so many people 1. Do not realize how much the fares are because the prices aren't posted on traditional travel sites in searches, 2. Realize SW flies OUTSIDE of the SW and 3. Some are turned off by the open seating. I have never had an issue and I have flown SW a decent amount of times.

At first we were reluctant to use SW because other airlines opened their fares about a year in advance and they are a lot closer so we worry especially a more crowded time of year about getting tickets plus we were not sure about open seating. But, we now almost always fly with SW because even though we do not like waiting for the schedule love the low fares, we are in the Mid-Atlantic region on the east coast and from our airport we have non stop flights to just about anywhere except the west coast, bags fly free, and the frequency of flights. We pretty much take a first or second flight of a day so don’t want to jinx anything but we never have delays. The open seating is fine. We pay extra for the early bird so don’t have to worry about checking in 24 hours in advance.

I’ve got a trip booked from 11/3-11/7 at POFQ. My birthday is the fourth, so it’s a birthday trip for me (yay!) and it’s the first visit for my friend coming with me! I’m hoping the Christmas party will continue to have that first Tuesday as its first date so we can hit that and end the trip on a high.

You guys are making me very envious of the low fares! I fly out of Grand Rapids, MI - which is the 3rd largest city in MI, but the prices are so high! Right now I'm watching flights out of Detroit and Chicago, but even the lowest I can find is $1600 total for 4 of us.
SW used to have great prices and direct flights from Grand Rapids to Orlando, but last year they eliminated the direct flights and increased the prices. I loved flying with them, but I can't justify the prices and taking 8 hours (with 1 or 2 stops) to get there. I'll drive 3 hours and fly out of Chicago and Detroit and use Delta or AA to save the $$, unfortunately.

Since we are going Thanksgiving week, my dream is find flights for $250. Crossing my fingers!!

@Newsies We're booked Nov 9-17 at ASMu family suite. Going with my husband, 2 girls (will be 2 and 6), and my parents. Time to start planning! Really hoping for some discounts. Haven't decided about the dining plan yet. We've usually gone when free dining is offered.

FYI - November 18th is Mickey's 90th birthday! D23 is already posting potential events for their members. I was in Magic Kingdom for the 60th (by accident!) and it was definitely a big deal. Can't believe we've managed to schedule a trip exactly 30 years later - but my "maybe we'll cancel, maybe we'll just do the Christmas party & hang out at the resort" trip just got a whole lot more exciting!

You can add us! Nov 24th - Dec 11th...
(AOA 12/1-12/11)... still looking for a resort for the week prior! Love the prep threads!

Hello, we are booked for November 15-22, 2018. Boulder ridge villas!

Hi Newsies, happy New Year we are booked at ASMu November 11-17. Our 35th Anniversary and first time at the Food and Wine Festival. And our first time for Mickeys Christmas party and hopefully Jingle Bell Jingle Bam holiday dessert party.

Can I join along even though we check in at the end of October?

We’ll be at AoA in a Cars Suite from 10/28-11/4. We can’t wait! :goodvibes

I’ve got a trip booked from 11/3-11/7 at POFQ. My birthday is the fourth, so it’s a birthday trip for me (yay!) and it’s the first visit for my friend coming with me! I’m hoping the Christmas party will continue to have that first Tuesday as its first date so we can hit that and end the trip on a high.

We will be staying at Poly 11/26 to 12/05. :yay:

WAHOO!!! Welcome welcome all of you to the party!!! Sorry for being MIA, spent the last week in Phoenix and got home late last night!

WAHOO!!! Welcome welcome all of you to the party!!! Sorry for being MIA, spent the last week in Phoenix and got home late last night!
Ahhh! How I wish I was in Phoenix right now! My family lives there and it's cold as you know what here.

We are at Boardwalk November 24-Dec 1. We are really looking forward to the Holiday happenings at Epcot and HS since it will be the first time seeing either...we have done the Christmas Party at MK before and although we LOVE it, we chose to do a day at Universal instead for this trip.

Hi there! My DH and I are planning to take a trip in November and are still playing around with our days a little. We were thinking the 10-15th or 16th. Neither of us has been to Disney during November but from what I can tell from research we should be able to catch the end of F&W but also the beginning of MVMCP. Does anyone know what the Christmas decoration scene is like during the dates I mentioned? We know that everything won't be Christmasified but we were hoping for a spattering throughout the parks and resorts.

We also fly out of Philly and I will be jumping onto SW the day the fares are released. They tend to be the cheapest that day for any time around Jersey Week. Then they just go way up from there. If not I'm willing to drive to Baltimore for cheaper rates. I'm in South Jersey so it's a good 2 hour drive so it would have to be a big savings. Since it's only DD and myself it may not be worth it but I will have my eyes open for it.

Does anyone have any arrival day traditions? Do you hang at the resort and swim? Do you have a traditional first day meal?

We always get an early flight and hit the MK before noon. In the past we’ve done chef Mickey on arrival day. This year it’s just myself and DD12 so we’re passing on CM. I plan on doing BOG lunch and maybe the dessert party. Or maybe HDDR dinner. Those three are on the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter