*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

I had to finish exams before leaving, too. Hope we both did well... :)

I flew back to the US afterwards & now my body has no idea what time it is. Hopefully I will adjust in time for Disney... in
gPBH7WP.gif
days!

I hope so too! Have fun!!!

I just went up to my room under the vague "I'm going to fold laundry" which means no one will disturb me for fear that I would enlist them to help... then I started packing... and realized that 50s-70s have totally thrown off my standard packing list! Had to add long sleeve shirts to layer under tees for evening, plus *gasp* long pants. Trying to go with only carry-ons because I don't want to pay for checked luggage, and we're not arriving until 6pm so I don't want to wait all night for our luggage to be delivered (and we're in a rush so I also don't want to deal with baggage claim). 1st world problems - and they're Disney problems, so they're not problems at all, just logistics to figure out over the next two days!

Luckily, I convinced DD that we should "organize" her summer clothes and put them away yesterday, so I now know where all of her capris etc are to pack when she leaves for school on Thurs morning. Made sure to toss her Minnie Mouse sweatshirt in the dirty laundry in the process - I'll wash it and not give it back... And then DS came down dressed in his Jack Skellington Christmas shirt today, so I'm going to have go snag it from his dirty clothes tonight when he's not paying attention and get it washed.

I'm towards the tail end of my FIRST class of this week and I'm already burned out and ready for WDW. I was so aloof this morning that I locked myself out of my dorm for the first time in my life-- and I'm a senior. I come home on Thursday afternoon, and there are 6 classes standing in between me and Disney... this is going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooooong week.

8 days left for me here! I feel like I'm pretty much set to go from a planning perspective. On Sunday I booked the last thing I needed, which was the HDDR dinner as our last meal before we leave for the airport. I have to put in an Amazon order for a couple of random items, but the biggest thing I have to left to do is PACK!
I didn't realize it would be so difficult with me having no motivation to go into the guest room and actually figure out my outfits and put them into a suitcase. And I have to do the same for DH. My coworkers who live near Disney are saying how hot it is there, so now I have no idea if I should pack the cooler weather items I had planned on bringing. This is the type of indecision that leads to me bringing 2 giant suitcases for a 6 day trip! LOL

8 days left for me here! I feel like I'm pretty much set to go from a planning perspective. On Sunday I booked the last thing I needed, which was the HDDR dinner as our last meal before we leave for the airport. I have to put in an Amazon order for a couple of random items, but the biggest thing I have to left to do is PACK!
I didn't realize it would be so difficult with me having no motivation to go into the guest room and actually figure out my outfits and put them into a suitcase. And I have to do the same for DH. My coworkers who live near Disney are saying how hot it is there, so now I have no idea if I should pack the cooler weather items I had planned on bringing. This is the type of indecision that leads to me bringing 2 giant suitcases for a 6 day trip! LOL
I know, the late heat has me packing differently... I know it can still change in 14 days but I am hopeful it will stay nice and hot.

Thanks for the holiday updates.

Hoping somebody in the parks now or in the near future can pop into a Starbucks and let me know if they still have the "You Are Here" mugs. I hate the new "Been There" style and hoping they still have the old ones when I go in January. Thanks!

I just went up to my room under the vague "I'm going to fold laundry" which means no one will disturb me for fear that I would enlist them to help... then I started packing... and realized that 50s-70s have totally thrown off my standard packing list! Had to add long sleeve shirts to layer under tees for evening, plus *gasp* long pants. Trying to go with only carry-ons because I don't want to pay for checked luggage, and we're not arriving until 6pm so I don't want to wait all night for our luggage to be delivered (and we're in a rush so I also don't want to deal with baggage claim). 1st world problems - and they're Disney problems, so they're not problems at all, just logistics to figure out over the next two days!

Luckily, I convinced DD that we should "organize" her summer clothes and put them away yesterday, so I now know where all of her capris etc are to pack when she leaves for school on Thurs morning. Made sure to toss her Minnie Mouse sweatshirt in the dirty laundry in the process - I'll wash it and not give it back... And then DS came down dressed in his Jack Skellington Christmas shirt today, so I'm going to have go snag it from his dirty clothes tonight when he's not paying attention and get it washed.
My sister in law asked me today how am I going to pack with out the kids knowing I told her I’m going to pack while their sleeping then hide the luggage in my closet.

I remember you saying we're going the same time - I have been checking Accuweather monthly forecast every day, too! My biggest fear is bad weather here when we fly out and having our flight cancelled. But yes, the weather looks perfect the week we're there!
It looks like we are back to two possible thunderstorms. They're both of our resort days. On one hand, if they stay there, they won't affect any rides, but on the other hand, I was looking forward to swimming. Hopefully they move along or are short enough that they don't affect much. It's weird how much it changes from day to day. With 2 weeks left, who knows what we'll get. Weather Forecasters are the only people who can completely suck at their jobs with zero consequences.

My sister in law asked me today how am I going to pack with out the kids knowing I told her I’m going to pack while their sleeping then hide the luggage in my closet.

I totally have a suitcase in my closet that I'm shoving stuff into each time I come across something I need to pack! Majority of it will be done Thurs AM after they go to school.

Hoping somebody in the parks now or in the near future can pop into a Starbucks and let me know if they still have the "You Are Here" mugs. I hate the new "Been There" style and hoping they still have the old ones when I go in January. Thanks!

I was there last week and got these mugs. I didn't get the Magic Kingdom one because I have the old version of that one (bought 3 years ago) and didn't particularly care for the new one.
IMG_5012.JPG

It looks like we are back to two possible thunderstorms. They're both of our resort days. On one hand, if they stay there, they won't affect any rides, but on the other hand, I was looking forward to swimming. Hopefully they move along or are short enough that they don't affect much. It's weird how much it changes from day to day. With 2 weeks left, who knows what we'll get. Weather Forecasters are the only people who can completely suck at their jobs with zero consequences.
Lol I know, right? I’m sure it will keep changing so it’s making it difficult to narrow down what to pack.

I totally have a suitcase in my closet that I'm shoving stuff into each time I come across something I need to pack! Majority of it will be done Thurs AM after they go to school.
Me

Me too!! Lol, I have a Disney bag stuffed with toys, clay, play doh, Disney clothes, little things for the kids that will be in their carry on for flight airport/entertainment.

So, we are secretly packing all the kids clothes this weekend, so that come Wednesday, we can just load the van and go after their half day of school. Now we suddenly got a notice from the school, that in celebration of Mickey's 90th birthday on Monday, please come all decked out in your Mickey/Disney gear! Aaaahhhhh! Extra late laundry!

Last edited:
Me

Me too!! Lol, I have a Disney bag stuffed with toys, clay, play doh, Disney clothes, little things for the kids that will be in there carry on for flight airport/entertainment.
I just ran around snagging their "good" jeans so they don't wear them to school tomorrow or Thursday! Plus I've got the new tee-shirts I bought in the washer now. Tomorrow while they're at piano lessons, I'm doing the last minute CVS run!

But DH slipped and said something about us not being home when my mom brings the turkey for Thanksgiving... luckily they just tune us out when we talk most of the time :crazy: teenagers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter