OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

I'm starting to feel the urge too....

I leave in 2 weeks and the next two Saturdays (tomorrow and the following Saturday) I have obligations to host guests and attend the Bama home games on those days - Arkansas tomorrow and Tennessee the following Saturday.

That leaves me the following two Sundays after those game days to get things ready. I pop the Aliner up and make sure it's ready. I'll configure the bed and dinette and put sheets/blankets on. I'll drag it to the gas station to air up the tires and I'll probably wash it because it's dusty/dirty. Then comes loading all the Halloween gear (nothing but the best from my local Dollar General). The last Sunday will be food-oriented and getting water/beer/meat cooked and whatever else I think of.

We will arrive on Sunday the 29th and leave Sunday (early) the 5th. Almost time to start getting ready....

Bama Ed

PS - and I plan to share plenty of pictures. I am a picture guy.

PPS - for those who have been to Gulf with me, you will understand when I say I need to get a puzzle out to take with me for Halloween....

@serenitygr how are the prices at the food truck? Did you get that delicious hamburger & fries from the truck? Looks really good!

@FrozenOne16 glad you to got to rent a cart and had a good trip. Don't sweat the framing! Be happy you have the photo and at Disney!!!! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to reading more.

Great pics and updates everyone.

I'm also interested to hear how 1900 Park Fair was. I'm looking for some ADR suggestions for our February trip. Right now I have one reservation at Yachtsman for some steak. Never been there. This trip I think we are going to do some of the things we never had time for.

j

Well- for the 3rd time parasailing has been cancelled. I guess we live another year...
:rainbow:

@serenitygr how are the prices at the food truck? Did you get that delicious hamburger & fries from the truck? Looks really good!

@FrozenOne16 glad you to got to rent a cart and had a good trip. Don't sweat the framing! Be happy you have the photo and at Disney!!!! Thanks for sharing and looking forward to reading more.
Yes we did get it from the food truck! It's actually right in our back yard! Just about 50 feet away behind our camper :sunny: best burgers ever! I'll try to get a picture of their prices tomorrow for you- the burgers are around $12....

Just two days left- it's so hard to think about saying goodbye :guilty: and to think that when we get home we'll be shoveling snow in a month! :scared1: But it will be good to be home with our dogs! And thankfully we can already start looking forward to next year!
IMG_5105.JPG
Last night we went to Magic kingdom for about 6 hours- really busy time! We used our fast passes, and did some of the lower wait time things, so still had a good time!
IMG_5108.JPG IMG_5109.JPG IMG_5110.JPG
We got to go in the treehouse at night- something we've never done- and that was beautiful!
IMG_5128.JPG IMG_5129.JPG
Then hit the Main Street candy store for some of these beauties....
image.jpg
Said goodbye to magic kingdom as we left (although we're hoping to sneak over tomorrow night for one last ride on thunder mountain)....
IMG_5124.JPG IMG_5126.JPG

Today we're making breakfast here and then possibly driving to Clearwater to spend the afternoon at the beach...
Tomorrow will be packing up day, and spending time at the pool...

Wow serenitygr, you're still at the Fort ? Are you planning to stop by and visit the wolves on your way home ? And, BTW, you are passing through the worlds most beautiful beach area on your way home. Next time you come down, stay a couple of nights here and really enjoy a beach:

https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Topsail-Hill make sure you make reservations well in advance.
Hi Tripleb! Yes - my guilty confession is I added 2 more nights to our trip about a week ago. Otherwise we would have been pulling out right about now. ( what a horrible thought)
Just heading straight home on the way back- we hope to get back to our hometown of Grand Rapids, Minnesota by Friday to drop our older 2 boys off at church youth camp. :drive:

Hi Tripleb! Yes - my guilty confession is I added 2 more nights to our trip about a week ago. Otherwise we would have been pulling out right about now. ( what a horrible thought)
Just heading straight home on the way back- we hope to get back to our hometown of Grand Rapids, Minnesota by Friday to drop our older 2 boys off at church youth camp. :drive:

Good for you on the additional days. We had the opportunity to add a couple of days to the end of our stay but our FW was scheduled for some minor warranty work on the 9th. Dropped it off on the 8th and then called on the 9th ... the Service Writer that I had made the arrangements with no longer works there >:( So ... nobody knew what the issues were and where the parts were that had been ordered from Jayco. Needless to say, I was LIVID to say the least. Called the manager of Camping World in Tallahassee and gave him a piece of my mind :chat: After a few minutes of my ranting, he assured me that the FW would be ready for pick up the end of this week.

Well we had a great time overall but I have to say the heat and the crowds really did me in. We are on our way home, pulled out about 7 this morning and are now almost to Tennessee. We've been taking turns driving and napping cause we didn't get back from mk last night til midnight.

We went to mk for our last day early yesterday morning and got to do quite a bit before our lunch at crystasl palace at noon which was very good. Then we went back to the camper about 3 to pack some stuff up and let the kids rest.

Headed back to mk at 530 and barely made our 635 reservation at BOG. We had some soup and bread then sat there waiting for our dinners which arrived to our table stone cold after 8 pm. The food was awful and the manager came to apologize. He reduced the bill, though it was still 70 bucks and we left hungry. He did give us 2 anytime fastpasses and 4 enchanted rose cups that I didn't really want.

By the time we got out of there (and did not get to meet the beast cause the wait was too long) we got to the hub at 840 and had an awful spot for the fireworks with a tree blocking the entire castle.

After that we used our 2 fastpasses for Peter pan and little mermaid then did philharmagic and the carousel at dd's requests to try to salvage the disappointment of our last night. But that all took forever and so did the boat and now we are driving on very little sleep and looks like we wont get home til 10 pm tonight. Not a happy ending.

1900 park faire was just ok. Food was decent and character interaction was typical. The 4 of us was over 200 bucks. TE buffet was better food imo, but I'm glad we did that one once for the characters

Sometimes, the "magic" just doesn't come together ... but overall, the pixie dust is hard to wash off :-) BTW, what is BOG ?

So I said above in post #583,

Today was a day to start Fort/WDW prep. For the record, I own a pop-up trailer, well, technically it's an A-frame pop-up (no canvas). It has a rear sofa that slides out into a double bed and a dinette that folds down into a single bed. I put fresh sheets and a light blanket on both so they are clean and ready to go.

Next I sprayed it down in its set-up configuration and washed the bubble windows on the outside so the view from inside will be clear and tinted. Hitched her up and got the tires checked out and aired up. After returning home, I pulled out my secret weapon.... I only put it on when I am travelling to the Fort, at the Fort, and on the way home from the Fort. During other times, I use my day-to-day swoosh A.

They don't make 'em like they used to.

20171015_154135.jpg

Went to the Bama-Arkansas game last night. Next Saturday is 10RC at 230pm here which will take up all day. So next Sunday will be the last chance to sort, prep, and pre-load. Starting to get excited.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Super excited, just booked two nights, 10/29 & 10/30, in a premium site. Will keep trying for 10/26 - 10/28. Will take what I can get at this point, two nights is better than none. I told my husband that if we decorated the house, trailer and cart that we would get a site, lol, now we have to take stuff down to take with us. Oh well it is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter