OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

1900 park faire was just ok. Food was decent and character interaction was typical. TE buffet was better food imo, but I'm glad we did that one once for the characters
Thanks for the review. I think I'll pass. And TE is hard to beat!

Sorry your last day at MK didn't work out like you wanted. That is one of the first really terrible experiences I've heard at BOG. I wonder where it failed. At least the manager tried some service recovery.

Hopefully the trip home is wrapping up and you can start planning the next trip.

j

@ruthies12, sorry you had such a bad experience at BOG. We have only eaten lunches there, but out of 6 times, have never had a bad experience with our food or otherwise. Can't imagine receiving a cold meal!! Yuck!!

Yeah it was really odd all around. We have had dinner there and breakfast there before 3 or 4 different times and have always really enjoyed it. I honestly think our waitress just forgot about us. Something must have been up because the manager came to our table without us asking for him. Once he came over, the only thing we asked for was for my uneaten meal to be taken off the bill. The cups and fastpasses he gave us came from him unrequested.

In hindsight I wish I had turned down the fastpasses and asked him to see if he could get us into the dessert party reserved area in the hub since the fireworks are really what the waitress made us miss out on by making us so late. We walked by there and there was plenty of room in there. but it's not like I was sitting in BOG thinking "what can I get out of this?" so I didn't think to ask for that you know?

Last edited:
We are home btw! Ended up getting home around 11 pm last night for a total of 14 hours of driving which is about the best we can expect for almost 900 miles. We thankfully didn't hit much traffic or have any incidents coming home and dh and I were able to switch off and take turns driving and napping so we got home safely.

I'm in need of Golf cart recommendations besides Kenny or Orlando Golf Carts ? Everyone is obviously booked including Disney. Which she said was booked full in July. I didn't know if we were going to be able to go until the last minute so I didn't reserve a cart early. Now I am really regretting it because we really want one just for Halloween day and night. Thanks

Last edited:
Hey everyone!!! We got home last night and have gotten things settled (for the most part). Our cats were so happy to see us! It took us a little over 12 hours to get home, which isn't the greatest, but we did stop at a Cracker Barrell about an hour and a half away from our house. Anyways, I want to thank you guys so much for all of your help and advice. I wish we would've carved out some time to do some DisMeets, but we stayed busy! There's always next time - my DH has already requested to go back around Christmas next year! So we will see how that goes! I started my trip report, if anyone is interested in reading about our vacation!
https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...r-are-we-crazy-an-oct-17-trip-report.3641003/
Tent Camping at the Fort...Are We Crazy?

Hope to see yall over there! And I am going to keep up with this thread too! I can't wait to see how everyone else's trips go!!!

We went to Clearwater beach yesterday- what a gorgeous beach and a beautiful day! We got to be there at sunset, and even made some new friends who helped us build our sand castle!
IMG_5147.JPG IMG_5153.JPG
Only negative- scotty got stung by what we think was a jellyfish, since apparently a lot of them move closer to shore at sunset. Then apparently they get everyone out of the water because the sharks move in closer to feed on them! :scared1::scared1: ( that's what our new friends told us)
IMG_5159.JPG
IMG_5146.JPG
IMG_5151.JPG

we stopped at a Denny's to eat supper on the way home (awesome food!) and got back about midnight. We were all exhausted and headed right to bed. Thankfully scotty was fine by then too...

Today we've been packing up all the decorations and getting things ready to go tomorrow ... Sammi sadly doesn't feel well so she's just resting in bed... tonight we have reservations at Trails End for supper, then we plan to just hang out at the sing along and watch the movie.

IMG_5134.JPG
IMG_5131.JPG
IMG_5136.JPG
IMG_5143.JPG
IMG_5130.JPG

Love seeing all the pics and as lousy as it is to leave, happy to see that everyone got home safe.

Quick question. Can you buy just the sticks for the s'mores at the camp fire? We have everything else and figure it's easier to get them down there.

3 days 17 hours 42 min and 20 seconds until our flight leaves. But who's counting :D

Love seeing all the pics and as lousy as it is to leave, happy to see that everyone got home safe.

Quick question. Can you buy just the sticks for the s'mores at the camp fire? We have everything else and figure it's easier to get them down there.

3 days 17 hours 42 min and 20 seconds until our flight leaves. But who's counting :D
I'm pretty sure they sell them there, but Walmart also has nice telescoping ones for like $2.50 so they pack up nice and small.

Yes you can buy just the sticks at the campfire. Bama Ed says it is the best deal in Disney !!

We did Be Our Guest both this trip and last. Last trip was lunch and for dinner this time. Both times we were at the same table, as there are only two of us, and seems there are about 3 tables for 2 right by the door for couples. Couldn't make it any more less inviting. Food was good both times, just think next time I am booking a table for 6 so I get to sit somewhere different.

Yes you can buy just the sticks at the campfire. Bama Ed says it is the best deal in Disney !!

75 cents as I remember. However, I was schooled :teacher: (I think by snowmedic?) that pointed out Disney gives out free ice water at counter service restaurants.

So the sticks are "best deal #2".

Bama Ed

75 cents as I remember. However, I was schooled :teacher: (I think by snowmedic?) that pointed out Disney gives out free ice water at counter service restaurants.

So the sticks are "best deal #2".

Bama Ed

Best deal at Fort Wilderness then :)

I actually just found a site that said as of Sept the sticks are .59 at the Chuck Wagon Camper Kitchen Thingy.

Don't forget the pressed pennies are only .51 unless they have gone up in the past 2 years

ruthies12 - Glad to see you got home safe! Just wanted to ask you how overall your trip went with having your doggy with you? We have decided to bring our X-large sized
"senior" almost nine-year-old Mastiff with us when we head down this week...how was the travelling with said doggy for that long a distance? What was the longest time you left her/him in camper? Was it hard handling the heat with her/him?
How about rain? Any tips there?? :) Our girl has been camping with us since we first got her as a puppy, she mainly just sleeps, a ginormous rug..I'm sure you are familiar with that, haha. But usually if we are going local and we know it will probably rain the whole time we will board her, cause let's face it, it's a pain in the butt to deal with 175 pounds of wet dog in a camper with six people :scared1::crowded::scared1: But the forecast so far looks like some rain, so....and I think you all had a good bit of rain while there?
Guess I'm just looking for some general tips for a long, faraway camping trip from one XL doggy owner to another...we just couldn't bear to board her for so long!
She does have a "spa" day scheduled at Best Friends :goodvibes
Love Saints by the way!
Thanks!

Glad you got home safe, Ruthie.

Looks like a really nice last day at the Fort, Serenity! Weather looks gorgeous. How many days were you at the Fort including arrival day and departure day? I love a nicely long Fort trip. Really makes it feel like a getaway. Safe travels back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!