*** Official October 2018 Thread ***

One week from now I should be at Animal Kingdom. I should probably start packing at some point. I haven't had a day off in 9 days and don't have a day off until I leave on the 8th. Now just watching this storm developing and hoping it misses us. We will be there from Oct 8th to Oct 20th. I am excited and in need of a vacation badly. Now to get my work done so I can relax and not work on vacation.

Hi Oct. folks! I have watched this thread for awhile now but not yet posted as our trip the 20th-24th at POP has been up in the air for months. DH's work schedule has been kind of crazy so we were not sure we could swing it. I booked this trip last March when I saw DD (16) was going to get a short Fall break from school. Well as it turns out her practice schedule for Fall break is nuts. Side note, she is in Colorguard and its marching season AND this year her high school's band is marching in The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC!!! This is a huge deal for them and she has practices everyday over Fall break!
After much debating and talking with DD about it my DH and I are going to go ahead and go on the trip making it "The Honeymoon We Never Had". Now listen DD has been to Disney four times this year and I have reservations at CBR for Mardi Gras break so I really don't feel TOO bad for going without her. My mom will be staying with her so I know she will be OK. I didn't think we would get an adults only trip until she was in college in a few years. Also our APs are expiring in Nov and we won't renew them for awhile plus I've never seen MK in all it's Halloween glory and the 18th is my Birthday AND the 20th is our actual Wedding Anniversary! So I really wanted to make this trip happen!
We plan on attending the MNSSHP on the 21st and doing some things we have yet to do because we always have a kid in tow, like enjoying Nomad Lounge one evening! I'm really excited and looking forward to doing Disney a little different this time. 16 more days! I'm going to have to make sure I finally buy DD the Epcot sweatshirt she is always eyeing at Mouse Gears and we also had to promise her we would NOT eat at O'hana without her. Cheers to Anniversary Halloween Honeymoon and Birthday trips to Disney!

Last edited:

22 days! Magic Bands and ME tags are here, Halloween costumes are ready and we've got Disney shirts for every day (all $5 or less, bought whenever I see a good deal). Started a new job recently and it's been a rough few months, so I'm ecstatic about getting out to WDW for a week of fun with my little man!

We are just back from a week long trip. We visited MK 2 times, Epcot 2 times, HW and AK kingdom 1 time each. Crowds were not bad. Longest lines were At Disney Springs to activate tickets and the Frozen line at Epcot last night (about 45 min). Only complaint was that it was so hot at times. We watched a lot of shows to get out of the heat. We also went to Blizzard Beach at opening yesterday and rode most of the slides by noon. Pretty good week to be at WDW.

Did you all see the possible tropical thing in the gulf? Looks like may rain a lot in Orlando as a result as it gets closer

Did you all see the possible tropical thing in the gulf? Looks like may rain a lot in Orlando as a result as it gets closer
I just saw that! We are supposed to be arriving on Thursday so I am super worried about that affecting our flights and park times. This is our first trip to Disney! I hope this doesn't cause problems...

Does it normally rain this much in October or is it because of the storms? We get there 10/23 and I was under the impression that most of the rain would be done by then.

We leave Monday and fully expect rain during most days of our trip. Honestly the water doesn't bother me but hope we are spared from rain on our party night which is on the 16th but no matter what we plan to have a great time and won't let the rain bother us. We will buy a poncho and thanks to a very helpful tip from a trip report we know that if it rips we can take it back to Disney and get a new one. I am not looking forward to the heat though at all but the temperatures at night look very reasonable.

I finally just finished my packing after starting at 3 am this morning (have worked the last 13 days and work tomorrow too). Does 3 bags seem like a lot for 14 days? We are flying Southwest so we figured who cares but I feel like this is the most clothes I have ever brought.

I finally just finished my packing after starting at 3 am this morning (have worked the last 13 days and work tomorrow too). Does 3 bags seem like a lot for 14 days? We are flying Southwest so we figured who cares but I feel like this is the most clothes I have ever brought.
We are flying with SW for a week and are bringing 3 bags, also. We are packing a smaller one inside for merch and candy.

Has anyone tried to check in to their resort early using the app or online? I have been trying for 2 weeks now and I keep getting an error message. Anyone else having any luck?

Has anyone tried to check in to their resort early using the app or online? I have been trying for 2 weeks now and I keep getting an error message. Anyone else having any luck?
I was able to but I did it a long time ago

How have the crowds been in the last week or so?

Looking like we may actually get a little reprieve from the heat for our trip next week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter