*** Official October 2018 Thread ***

I'm heading down with a friend for a few days - October 23-26 staying at the Contemporary! It will be my first time leaving my kids, so this is a big deal! :laughing: We are going to do MNSSHP which I haven't done in forever and I'm really looking forward to it. My friend and I are trying to decide on costumes now!
I’m leaving the kids at home for my October trip as well. While I’ll miss them I’m excited

We have a 12yo and she actually prefers to stay home with her grandparents and go to school :sad2:
She hasn’t come on the past 3 trips and isn’t coming for this one.

I tried to get my DD an apt at BBB and was unsuccessful for the 2 days we have scheduled for MK. The very nice cast member said I can continue to call back to check for cancellations. Does anyone know if there is a thread for BBB cancellations?

Just joining this thread even though we have been officially booked for awhile. I have a June trip and I was focused on that one but now that FPs are done for it, we are pretty much just waiting on MBs and waiting to pack, so I figured I would do some focusing on October.

We are a family of 4 (me, DH, DS 6 and DS 4). We are currently booked for Pop 10/3-10/7. We plan to do MNSSHP on Thursday 10/4, The Return to Sleepy Hollow event on 10/5, and DHS on Saturday 10/6. Otherwise, no other park days. This is just a short trip because we ended up with a short fall break next school year (I'm a teacher).

Booked ADRs a few weeks ago and only did a PPO at H&V to get a leg up on JTA sign ups and a Boathouse lunch for Friday 10/5, as well as signed up for the Sleepy Hollow event.

Glad to join this group!

Just made our ADR ressies this morning for our October trip. :thumbsup2

All breakfasts...

Cape May Cafe
Boma
Garden Grill
Trail's End

ADRs secured here too for the most part! Just hoping an earlier time pops up for Ohana:

Ohana dinner
BoG lunch
California Grill brunch

Everything else will be QS or F&W since we are only down for 5 days.

How early on the morning of can we make online ADR’s? It’s been a few years since I’ve done it and I’ve tried around 7am CST and I can’t seem to get a BoG lunchtime reservation

Quick October hours question - right now hours are 9-9 for our MK day but the same day in 2017 was 8:00 am until midnight. For those who have gone to MK often in October, which set of hours is most likely?

Quick October hours question - right now hours are 9-9 for our MK day but the same day in 2017 was 8:00 am until midnight. For those who have gone to MK often in October, which set of hours is most likely?
I don't know what the hours will shake out to be but it may not be until mid-September that hours are "mostly" final. And I say mostly bc they can change all the way up until day of, but for the most part, the mid September update should show most of the extensions.

I don't know what the hours will shake out to be but it may not be until mid-September that hours are "mostly" final. And I say mostly bc they can change all the way up until day of, but for the most part, the mid September update should show most of the extensions.
Yeah totally aware they can and will change just trying to get a feel on past octobers. I have an early BOG ADR that I’m trying to move even earlier so that it’s PPO but if there’s a good chance MK will open at 8:00 am that day I’d rather not waste time trying to change it.

Yeah totally aware they can and will change just trying to get a feel on past octobers. I have an early BOG ADR that I’m trying to move even earlier so that it’s PPO but if there’s a good chance MK will open at 8:00 am that day I’d rather not waste time trying to change it.
I haven't gone in October in a long time, so I am not familiar with the pattern, but having gone in June a few times, it is hard to predict from one year to the next for that time frame. Our first June trip they did 8am openings and several late nights, but last year they scaled that back, so it is anybody's guess this year. I have a PPO in June for BOG (and one in Oct for H&V) and I really wonder if either one will stay PPO.

If its a non party day its unlikely to change

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter