Official October 2020 Thread!

We're going for a short weekend Oct 8-11. I'm booked @ Movies but waiting to see where we will end up since Movies isn't showing open. I have my park reservations.
I want to call but the hold times are so long, I just keep procrastinating.
I was worried about quarantine after we get back, I dont think thats an issue considering Texas is as bad as Florida currently. The good news is I purchased airfare for $50 RT a person. It was so cheap that even if we cant go its not a huge loss.

I want to call but the hold times are so long, I just keep procrastinating.

I keep debating calling too. I still need to set up my Magical Express.

I was worried about quarantine after we get back, I dont think thats an issue considering Texas is as bad as Florida currently.

I've been thinking about that too, but Florida is worse than Louisiana.

We're going for a short weekend Oct 8-11. I'm booked @ Movies but waiting to see where we will end up since Movies isn't showing open. I have my park reservations.

Our trip is 10/8-10/12... we also were at Movies. I called and they moved us to Pop... I even saved about $35 a night!

Got our tix today and made park reservations; so excited provided every state doesn't quarantine each other till then. I wish us all luck with our trips!

I'll update everyone later - I ended up canceling our vacation today. Between the 14 day quarantine we have in place here for anyone coming back from Florida and the who giant question mark of what school is going to look like in the fall, my mother and I decided it was the right decision to make. But I'll still pop in from time to time to update the thread.

Our trip is 10/8-10/12... we also were at Movies. I called and they moved us to Pop... I even saved about $35 a night!

I'm good with being moved to Pop or Art of Animation. How did you save? Did you have free dining?

I'm good with being moved to Pop or Art of Animation. How did you save? Did you have free dining?

Nope, we had a room only reservation and when the agent did the switch, she told me I’d have price protection... but the room rate per night at Pop ended up being cheaper (different season, different rate) and the taxes are lower at Pop than the All Stars (different county). If it would have been more expensive, the price protection would have kicked in and I would not have had to pay more. It’s our first time at Pop so we are excited to check it out!

Nope, we had a room only reservation and when the agent did the switch, she told me I’d have price protection... but the room rate per night at Pop ended up being cheaper (different season, different rate) and the taxes are lower at Pop than the All Stars (different county). If it would have been more expensive, the price protection would have kicked in and I would not have had to pay more. It’s our first time at Pop so we are excited to check it out!
I did not know it was a different county.. interesting.
When I booked pop, ASM was 199 a night I thought that was crazy high so we paid the extra 20 a night to upgrade.
keep debating calling too. I still need to set up my Magical Express.
I have to do that too.. I am giving serious consideration to renting a car this time. The wait times were already crazy if they are doing every other row etc. It could be really long.

I broke down and called today. I was offered POP or AOA Little Mermaid. I didn't change my dates so I had to use price protection. I chose AOA since we have never stayed there and just stayed @ Pop in December. We're excited to try AOA.

I have to do that too.. I am giving serious consideration to renting a car this time. The wait times were already crazy if they are doing every other row etc. It could be really long.

Good Luck!

Today I decided to speak up about paying full price at pop .. we were a little upset that everyone was upgraded paying All Stars rate. They gave me 250. Off my two night stay. So my rate at pop is now about 100 a night. I feel great. I so wish they would add quick service dining cause I would add that in a heartbeat. I have disney giftcard credits from Not so scary and now the hotel. I guess we will eat and shop :)

Today I decided to speak up about paying full price at pop .. we were a little upset that everyone was upgraded paying All Stars rate. They gave me 250. Off my two night stay. So my rate at pop is now about 100 a night. I feel great. I so wish they would add quick service dining cause I would add that in a heartbeat. I have disney giftcard credits from Not so scary and now the hotel. I guess we will eat and shop :)

Glad they were able to help you out!

I got a refund to a disney giftcard for MNSHHP as well. I paid off the rest of my annual dues for DVC with my gift card and still have some left!

Moving over from the July thread . . .
Scheduled Pop (again) for October. Fourth time's a charm, right?
Not sure this one will survive either with this being our fall break from school. We will see how the school year shakes out and hope for the best!

Moving over from the July thread . . .
Scheduled Pop (again) for October. Fourth time's a charm, right?
Not sure this one will survive either with this being our fall break from school. We will see how the school year shakes out and hope for the best!
Hope you make it this time... I say what's a few more days off school if the break is canceled.

For anyone else who has plans to be there over Halloween, do you think they'll let people dress up at all? I wonder if they'll do anything special since they can't have the parties. Not that they have to or that we're entitled to anything special, I'm just curious what everyone thinks!

For anyone else who has plans to be there over Halloween, do you think they'll let people dress up at all? I wonder if they'll do anything special since they can't have the parties. Not that they have to or that we're entitled to anything special, I'm just curious what everyone thinks!

I think they will at least decorate where it won't impede foot traffic/space and have themed food, based on what they chose to do with F&W.

Do any of you have car rental? I have a reservation but i was looking at July/ August they are so desperate Ace rent a car is $5 a day.. I am thinking as it gets closer we might see rates this low. Mine is 22 a day currently with ACE but I have to change companies because our flight comes in at midnight and they are not open till 6am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter