***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long of a average wait time for fastpass returns? If we have, let's say, a 4-5 PM fastpass, got there at 4, how long generally until ride time? Do you bypass most/all of the queue? We actually have 6:40-7:40 PM fastpasses for a mid-August Wednesday. Wanted later ones as we will go back to resort in the afternoon. Attempting to do the Navi River ride in the AM.
You do bypass most of the queue. When I used FPs, it was about a 15-20 min wait the first time (7:30pm on opening weekend, Sunday), no wait at all at 9pm.

Sorry if this was asked/covered already. I was keeping up then I got behind on this thread.

For those who have seen Pandora during the day and at night, any opinion on which way you should experience it first? Do you think it matters?

Actually, that's a very good question and honestly I think it comes down to what you think would interest you more.

Since I never sleep well the first night I ever stay anywhere, I went on EMH evening on the night we arrived and really enjoyed the experience. I basically spent 2+ hours exploring and taking photos (using a tripod). I also got to walk right on Na'vi River Journey at about 12:40am.

If I was able to redo it though, I think I would have wanted to go during the day first. Since my primary reason of going at night was to shoot photos, It would have allowed me to get a better lay of the land. Like others have stated, it is fairly had to see at night and While I was happy with my shots, I would have been able to take more, if I had known where things were.

I went at perfect time. 30 minutes before sunset. I got to see all of the great details of the land in bright daylight. Then, there was one moment where the sun was perfectly positioned behind the floating mountain, someone stopped and said, "hold on, wait for it... wait for it...". This piqued my curiosity, so we stopped and across the walkway, everyone grabbed their cameras and phones to snap that beautiful view when suddenly the scene just burst into color. The rocks were bathed in this brilliant orange glow. Rays of light shimmered through the droplets of water that fell off the rock. Just a few moments later, it was gone. I don't know if the sun is positioned similarly throughout the year, but it was great and my camera could not do it justice. We then disappeared into the Flight of Passage FP+ queue, and when we emerged from the ride, the land was transformed into its nighttime state.

So, if you want to see both day and night in one visit, and you can get the FP, that's the timing I would recommend. Just before sunset.

Frozen was one of those once a decade or so type events. Lion King was probably the last one. Avatar came out in 2009 and isn't exactly a huge franchise, I don't think Disney expected a banshee toy to be this popular based on those circumstances.
Perhaps so. But the length of time it took a company Disney's size to catch up with Frozen merchandise was embarrassing. It was BAD. My daughter was 8yo at the time so I am ACUTELY AWARE! :)

That is not good. I went on at our 60 day mark (June 12th) and had plenty of choices. What is your arrival day?
August 25th. There were many rides without FP availability by 7:30. I was thinking if it's going to be that busy, hopefully they will extend the hours!!!

Like your positive attitude... in addition to the RD FoP to see the queue, you didn't want the late afternoon FP for last day? Something in the evening, see Pandora at night, and pair w/ RoL and Kali in the middle to help cool off for that hot Aug time period. Having watching Kali wait times go over 100 min lately when not raining. Suppose your flight on last day could conflict. Our 1st and last days are scheduled to be non park (water park) days.
Yes, I did go ahead and take the afternoon one too. I was just thinking rope drop the first day to see the queue. Our last day is also our departure day so I will try and avoid water rides.....:). Thanks for the advice!!

Are there any rumors flying around as to what they plan in regards to evening EMH past 8/19?
or even in regards to park hours past 8/19?

No, I meant I tried booking my passes at 7:00 am 60 days out and could not get FoP.
AK opening time is 9am to 9:30 pm beyond August 19. There won't be any 7 am FP available even if Disney extends the hours to 8am to 11pm because FP is not available during AM EMH.

I am hoping they do not add EMH in the morning. Rope drop at 9am seems more feasible for me to handle than an earlier open.

At 60 days out from August 13th, we found absolutely NO availability for FoP, even for a single rider, nothing. Today, June 27th at 3:54 in the morning (Eastern Time) I was able to get 3 FP+ for FoP on August 13th at 6:25 PM, just 47 days out.

Needless to say, I am excited. Of course. don't ask what I was doing awake at that ungodly hour lol.

Most importantly, for those who were not able to get FoP FP+ don't give up. Keep at it with dogged determination, because you CAN get lucky!

Yes, I did go ahead and take the afternoon one too. I was just thinking rope drop the first day to see the queue. Our last day is also our departure day so I will try and avoid water rides.....:). Thanks for the advice!!
Ah no bath before your flight? I guess that make sense:). We typically end at MK, like many. But this yr we're trying to save our park days for full days by using a water park visit, relaxing at end of a hot, tiring trip. If we pack right we could still shower after at the lockers or just lay out and dry out at the pool waiting for Magical Express to airport.

Our FP window opened this morning and there were no fast-passes for FOP, so we're going with our back-up plan of getting there for rope drop and heading directly to the ride. We plan to be there about half an hour before park opening and won't have any bags. Hoping for less than a 30 min wait time.

Got on at 7 this morning and was able to book FoP for a party of 2 on the evening of Tuesday, 8/29, our last day. None were left on Sunday, didn't check Monday. There are still a few spots available for a party of 2 late on the 29th.

NRJ is available 8/27 and 8/29.

What a relief! Can't wait to tell the kids we are going to see Pandora!

Got on at 7 this morning and was able to book FoP for a party of 2 on the evening of Tuesday, 8/29, our last day. None were left on Sunday, didn't check Monday. There are still a few spots available for a party of 2 late on the 29th.

NRJ is available 8/27 and 8/29.

What a relief! Can't wait to tell the kids we are going to see Pandora!

I logged on at 7 am too and there was nothing for Saturday, Sunday or Monday. We're only there for three days post-cruise and are leaving Tuesday morning. I was able to get NRO. I'll keep checking, but since we're pretty much going so DH can see Pandora (Avatar is one of his favorite movies), we'll just plan to get in line and wait. There is morning EMH on Monday so that might help with the crowds.

I logged on at 7 am too and there was nothing for Saturday, Sunday or Monday. We're only there for three days post-cruise and are leaving Tuesday morning. I was able to get NRO. I'll keep checking, but since we're pretty much going so DH can see Pandora (Avatar is one of his favorite movies), we'll just plan to get in line and wait. There is morning EMH on Monday so that might help with the crowds.

Fingers crossed you can find a short line for EMH! Perhaps we will see some extended park hours or evening EMH as we get closer to August. pixiedust:

I just tried for the 25th and 26th. We only have one night onsite before we move to an offsite condo for a week. Nothing for FOP.
Its popular, I get it. But frustrating nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter