***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry, you have all probably seen this question a million times - I did scan the first few pages for strategies, but didn't see it. Feel free to point me in the right direction.

Our trip is end of October, and we're coming up on our FP day -

What has been your experience in trying for a PPO breakfast at Tuskar House, and then hot-footing to FOP right away after dining...do they keep you back so its no faster than the rope drop? What has been your experience for wait times at rope drop?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, you have all probably seen this question a million times - I did scan the first few pages for strategies, but didn't see it. Feel free to point me in the right direction.

Our trip is end of October, and we're coming up on our FP day -

What has been your experience in trying for a PPO breakfast at Tuskar House, and then hot-footing to FOP right away after dining...do they keep you back so its no faster than the rope drop? What has been your experience for wait times at rope drop?

Thanks in advance!
Here's my recent account on this. Short version: no advantage to TH PPO... actually puts you at the back of the pack, which is a-ok if you're aiming for NRJ... for FoP you'll have a wait for sure... until/unless Disney changes those morning procedures...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...rmation-thread.3587311/page-417#post-58041455

I was not able to get a FP for Flight of Passage for our last minute trip next Tues (I keep checking, crossing my fingers).

Are wait times for FoP as excessive as during the day if we head back right after Rivers of Light and get in standby? (RoL is at 8:45, park close 9:30)

I'd like to know what to expect after Rivers of Light. Will there be a mass of people exiting RoL and stampeding back to Pandora? In comparison to rope drop, what should I expect?

(I have a backup plan to rope drop the next morning, but reeeeally want to avoid the stress of that.)
We walked over right after ROL. Yes, there were lots of people exiting but it wasn't as crazy as exiting MK after HEA. Also we were sitting in the section closer to Pandora, so it wasn't too bad, not sure if you sit way on the other side how long it would take. It only took us a few minutes to get over there.

Not crazy at all -- totally doable: https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...rmation-thread.3587311/page-417#post-58041455

Out of curiosity -- which day of your trip did you snag your FoP FP for?

We arrive 10/20 and I pushed our AK days to the later part of trip cuz I was worried about securing FP. So our AK days are 10/25 and 10/27. There was plenty of availability even changed the time a couple of times this am. I would rather go on FOP more than once so that is why we plan on rope dropping the river ride.

We arrive 10/20 and I pushed our AK days to the later part of trip cuz I was worried about securing FP. So our AK days are 10/25 and 10/27. There was plenty of availability even changed the time a couple of times this am. I would rather go on FOP more than once so that is why we plan on rope dropping the river ride.
Makes perfect sense -- we did the same. Had FP for FoP days 6,7,9 of our trip and RD's NRJ. Worked out perfectly for us.

Makes perfect sense -- we did the same. Had FP for FoP days 6,7,9 of our trip and RD's NRJ. Worked out perfectly for us.
Ok great I have a 2 year old with us and I don't want to put him in a crazy situation. What time should i get there for a 9am opening for navi

We walked over right after ROL. Yes, there were lots of people exiting but it wasn't as crazy as exiting MK after HEA. Also we were sitting in the section closer to Pandora, so it wasn't too bad, not sure if you sit way on the other side how long it would take. It only took us a few minutes to get over there.

Thank you, this is super helpful! We have a FP for RoL, so not sure where we'll come out? Is the FP section by EE or Nemo? I guess it doesn't matter, I'll find out when we get there and go with the flow! :crowded:

Ok great I have a 2 year old with us and I don't want to put him in a crazy situation. What time should i get there for a 9am opening for navi
One day, we were walking out of Tusker House at 8:40 and joined the back of the Pandora pack at 8:45 -- rode NRJ once by 9:10, and a second time done by 9:30. Another day, we arrived at AK at 7:40 for an 8am open. Were towards the back of the pack coming in, and rode NRJ right away with maybe a 5min wait.

Truly, 95% of the mob goes straight to FoP. The NRJ line doesn't spike to its max nearly as quickly as FoP.

One day, we were walking out of Tusker House at 8:40 and joined the back of the Pandora pack at 8:45 -- rode NRJ once by 9:10, and a second time done by 9:30. Another day, we arrived at AK at 7:40 for an 8am open. Were towards the back of the pack coming in, and rode NRJ right away with maybe a 5min wait.

Truly, 95% of the mob goes straight to FoP. The NRJ line doesn't spike to its max nearly as quickly as FoP.

do you think if I'm at bag check by 830 am then i should be okay for navi? i really can't see getting there much earlier than that.

We made it to opening today. Got to AK about 6:45 this morning.
Got in to AK, no problem. Made it to the line and were held just past the turnstiles till 7:00, where we scanned in with our MB and were verified as park guests by 7:05
Then we waited to get in to Pandora till probably about 7:30 or so.
DGD went to get her face painted, I went to get in line for the store.
She was finished with her face painting and I was next to go in the store about 8:00
Went right in to the store and to the Banshee pairing.
Another line.
Lines were the common theme of the day, it seems
Not sure how long the line was there, maybe another half hour.
By the time it was our turn a group of official photographers had come in and they took tons of photos of DGD with her face painted and getting her pairing with her banshee. We had to sign papers for a release, in case they use any of the photos.
Did more shopping, and time for another line.
Thankfully, I didn't want to buy anything behind the counter so I got to skip the check out line and went to a mobile check out stand. Meant we couldn't send it back to the resort but we could do that in a store in the park, no problem.
We wandered around a bit more then went out through Africa (Exit only by the way) and rode the Safari.
Everyone was Ooohing and Ahhing over the face paint and the Banshee. Most of the guests from Pandora were staying in Pandora it seems. No one else was wandering around with stuff.
We had lunch at Tiffin's (had to check in to get past the crowds waiting to get in). Talked to staff at Tiffin's and they said it was going to be their busiest day ever. Their days of operating in obscurity are over.
From there we went back in to Pandora for our River Journey FP. They scanned our bands to get back in. We stayed around a while to look around. I think they were keeping the numbers in the land to a manageable level. It didn't feel too crowded at all.
We left after the ride and the lines to get in were not bad by this point (it was 3:00 or so I guess)
Oh, and we tried the FoP seat on for size. DH and I both fit. Yay!

DGD and her Banshee
5FE4D8B7-7289-4FC2-9B45-9AB4BF2110D5.jpg
Hey, @AngiTN, did you see this on the Disney Parks twitter! I thought I recognized your GD!

IMG_3573.jpg

do you think if I'm at bag check by 830 am then i should be okay for navi? i really can't see getting there much earlier than that.
Based on our experience, I would think so. At 9:10 the posted wait for NRJ was 30min. Actual wait for us was 18min, from the point we got in line to the end of the ride. If you watched posted waits over the past few weeks, you'd see about a 40min wait posted around 9:30. I suspect the actual is a bit lower.

If you're at security at 8:30, through security around 8:45 (at the latest in our recent experience), you're back-of-pack-ish for park entry. That's about where we were.

Note: one day they started letting people in at 8:45, leading the herd toward Pandora, etc. The next day, they held everyone at the tapstiles until 9am. Both ways, we were done with NRJ by 9:10-9:30.

As always, YMMV, Disney may change anything at any time, crowds may change, etc. But our experience is as of Aug 7-17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter