***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are planning to rope drop FOP this coming Sunday for EMH. We plan to be there by 7. We have 1 child who will be too small to ride, so will need to do rider switch. I've seen the pictures, it looks a bit crazy there first thing. We won't get held up by needing to request the rider switch pass will we? Like people will be bypassing us while we are doing that? It's been awhile since we've done the RS thing.

Our trip is late October and our FP window opens within days. FP scheduling aside, I'm confused as to why hours for AK end at 7pm. Sunset isn't until 6:45 during that time so apparently guests visiting in October won't get to enjoy Pandora in the evening? I really don't understand why they aren't at least open until 8pm to allow guests the opportunity to see Pandora at night. Also, currently there are no evening extra magic hours scheduled at all during our week there. Not for AK or any other park.

Our trip is late October and our FP window opens within days. FP scheduling aside, I'm confused as to why hours for AK end at 7pm. Sunset isn't until 6:45 during that time so apparently guests visiting in October won't get to enjoy Pandora in the evening? I really don't understand why they aren't at least open until 8pm to allow guests the opportunity to see Pandora at night. Also, currently there are no evening extra magic hours scheduled at all during our week there. Not for AK or any other park.
One would hope that the will add hours as the dates approach.

Then again, I waited and waited and waited for them to keep MK open past 10pm in August and they didn't. :(

Fingers crossed for you in Oct, and us on our early Nov W&D trip!

I love Disney, but really, they need to get it together in Orlando. Not everyone wants to start their vacation day at 8am or be seriously limited in available park hours. My favorite time in all of the parks is at night when all the lights are on.

(UPDATE: re-read post) @MyHappyPlace17 I get it, I love nights in the parks too.... but in the winter for some reason they don't have those high ticket sales they don't keep the parks open that late... but in truth, as the years have gone by I have seen more and more high attendance during times that used to be slow... so they need to move with the times and extend those hours. I have gone in October, December and January time frame over the last few years and noticed what used to be prime slow season isn't so slow!

Last edited:

That's annoying. We planned to go directly from Pandora to the Safari using the back entrance to avoid crowds. Anyone understand why they are making this change?
Yes, here
Are you aware of the new policy which was announced last week? Guests who wish to experience Pandora at park open must enter and exit the land via the bridge next to Tiffins. Access via the Harambe bridge will not be available until the queue for Flight of Passage has been limited to one side of the bridge, which usually occurs between 10 a.m and noon.
Sort of a return to how it was when Pandora first opened to keep crowds manageable on the bridge. Sounds like it won't last to long each day

Belive you are fine to exit. This was a limit for enter only. At least it was OK to exit during opening. PP mentioned it not open at all now

Last edited:

They can still update and change hours.

For the end of October for PM emh:
24th: Epcot 9-11pm
25th: MK 9-11pm
29th: Epcot 9-11pm
30th: MK 9-11pm

We were going to get there early before rope drop to ride FOP. What does this change mean? Will we not get a chance to ride in the morning now? Please explain what the change will do as far as getting there early.

We were going to get there early before rope drop to ride FOP. What does this change mean? Will we not get a chance to ride in the morning now? Please explain what the change will do as far as getting there early.
Nothing at all. Those coming in for park opening won't come in from Africa

Hi,
I'm finding all this very confusing and I know I'm along way out from my time (end Jan-Feb) but I tried to find the answers to questions and it's quite overwhelming!! If there is Magic hours for AK in the morning of a day I'm planning on visiting will FOP and NRJ open then (at 8am) or not until the 9am park hours? I don't know what time to book a breakfast for.
My plan was to rope drop NRJ and then Fast pass FOP for later in the day.
My last visit to Disneyworld was in 2000

We are coming down in October and we weren't able to obtain a FP+ for FOP. We were thinking we would just go straight there at rope drop but wondering for those that have been in the last couple of weeks how crazy is it I remember Toy Story Mania and people running down the street, then SDMT they lined Main St with CMs to try and get people to walk. Hoping it won't be crazy.

We were there last week during EMH rope drop. Just us a a couple thousand of our closest friends. Not a lot of pushing but go bagless to cut through the bagcheck line and get to the front of the turnstiles and you should be okay.

We are coming down in October and we weren't able to obtain a FP+ for FOP. We were thinking we would just go straight there at rope drop but wondering for those that have been in the last couple of weeks how crazy is it I remember Toy Story Mania and people running down the street, then SDMT they lined Main St with CMs to try and get people to walk. Hoping it won't be crazy.

I'm sure you will but keep checking, we are heading down for a pre-cruise stay on 9/1. I wasn't able to get a FP for FOP at 60 days out. Last week I was able to find fastpasses for two people twice, one was for at night and the other in the morning.

Today is my 60 day mark and wasn't able to get FP for FoP. Definitely plan on getting there very early to rope drop. We are 3 adults, but we will be pushing one in a wheelchair. Is this going to be crazy?

I'm realistic enough to know we are not going to be able to keep up with the runners, so I'm not worried about falling a little behind the pack. I'm more worried we are going to be in the middle of chaos with the wheelchair. All I can envision is people running past and trampling over us :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!