Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

loop number:1900
site number:1901
type/size of rig/tent:Travel trailer 14ft
ease of backing into site: no problem for our tiny selves
addt'l info about site: end, near comfort station
10945731_10205732498090999_5403498188213887392_n.jpg

Last edited:

OK...so after looking at all these Pic's ...I'm worried about site selection. I see many have to park onto the sand in their sites in order to allow car parking in front. My reasoning is I'd like to keep the motor home on the pavement(37'), park my toad in front and put the Easy Up on the sand.....is that going to be hard to do? Do I tell them what I'm looking for? I know, I'm showing my rookie-ness in all this...lol

OK...so after looking at all these Pic's ...I'm worried about site selection. I see many have to park onto the sand in their sites in order to allow car parking in front. My reasoning is I'd like to keep the motor home on the pavement(37'), park my toad in front and put the Easy Up on the sand.....is that going to be hard to do? Do I tell them what I'm looking for? I know, I'm showing my rookie-ness in all this...lol
It would be easier on a premium or a full site . It would be tough on most preferred sites.

OK...good to know. We are booked into the Full hook up loop now and I've been looking over the pictures of the sites but it really doesn't do much good until your their and assigned a site.

I thought the "Full" had smaller pads. That being said, the concern of Dwight's about keeping the MH on the pad as well as the TOAD may be difficult.

A premium site would be easier, but then that leaves little (if any) space to set up the Easy Up on anything but concrete. There is no "Sand" section (to speak of) but there maybe some "Real Estate" on the side or rear that is not paved that you might be able to set it up on. You just need to be sure that you are not encroaching on a neighbors site.

Judging from the detailed info and Pic's on WEB, some sites are obviously long enough to accomplish what I want to do but the trick will be in actually getting one of these sites. I did see a few sites that had rather large side area's that would work too. Hey, if worst comes to worst, I don't plan on using the car that much, I could always park off site.

You're right, though, Dwight, that people try to squeeze in a Preferred or Full and it's tight for some if they try to stay off the tent pad. Like Denise said, realistically a Premium is a better way to go because the cost difference is slight this year and being in 100/200 is not much different than being in 400/700.

My two cents.

Bama Ed

Might have to change things up for the additional amount to get into a Premium site....guess will take it one step at a time. Thank You

We are in a preferred site but will be renting a golf cart. Should/can I just park my vehicle in overflow parking if we mostly will use the cart and Disney transportation?

OH...but one thought came to mind, Premium's don't have a gravel area to the rear, do they? Either way, I'll make it work somehow!!!

We are in a preferred site but will be renting a golf cart. Should/can I just park my vehicle in overflow parking if we mostly will use the cart and Disney transportation?
Yes, just be sure your parking pass is visible.

OH...but one thought came to mind, Premium's don't have a gravel area to the rear, do they? Either way, I'll make it work somehow!!!
I don't believe any of the sites really have a "Gravel" area. Rather they have a Sand pad (or more correctly coquina). The premium sites, however do not have that either. (There is a small area by the sewer/water and electrical hookups that have it though but nothing that you'd want to set anything up on.)

Full sites have the largest area of sand/coquina for tents or shelters. Preferred have a smaller one and premiums don't have them.

tltay, I am curious about your set up. What size is your EZ UP and does it give you enough room to keep dry? And, is that the larger Coleman screened in tent for the pup? thanks =)

tltay, I am curious about your set up. What size is your EZ UP and does it give you enough room to keep dry? And, is that the larger Coleman screened in tent for the pup? thanks =)

Yes, the screen room was for our pup, lol. We use different set ups, depending where we are and the size of our site. This is our other option, an enclosure made from temporary fencing.
lk manatee sp Feb 2016 007.jpg

Our easy up is a 10 x 10. It will keep you dry during a light rain. This is us under it while raining, you can see on the left where my nephew is sitting, the bench is wet, but the other side is dry.
fw march 2016 062.jpg

20160730_140640_zpsebvkxzv2.jpg

20160730_140621_zpsiveu5kmf.jpg

20160807_001524_zps9siydhoz.jpg

Site 1203. Nice site. Really long. We had 2 10 foot easy ups, the camper and my truck all lined up with room to spare.
I also want to give a shout out to my BIL and sister (Mike and Mindy) for the Mickey rope light. They were able to come over during our August trip to spend some time with us at the Fort. They also love camping and I believe are close to making that first trip to the Fort. I told them that once they go, get ready to be hooked.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!