**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

but that gingerbread cocktail though ;)
I thought that the party location, food and beverages were wonderful - but was very unimpressed by the show.

Of course there was also the fact that we had planned our trip for months, and getting the Star Wars dessert party was the final thing left to plan. At the last minute, rather than open up reservations, they ripped it away from us and substituted something that, even from the description, seemed underwhelming for us. If we had known earlier, perhaps it would not have been such a let down. We only decided to do it because some folks said they liked it.

But the party itself was great!!!

I did read several reviews, that made me feel as if the JBJB party wasn't that successful.
Those may have been reviews about the JBJB show and not the party. It was the tail wagging the dog situation where although the show didn't get rave reviews, the party did and and sold out just about every night. If there is a Christmas projection show at center stage, I can just about guarantee that there will be a dessert party.
So maybe Disney will keep Star Wars dessert party, due to high demand.
There was high demand for the JBJB party as well and it was more expensive. Judging by the feedback at both parties, I'd have to say that the JBJB party was the more popular party. It also appealed to a broader demographics than the SW party. They didn't lose anything replacing the SW dessert party with the JBJB party.

Saw the show last August, last March and again last night (so I love Star wars). They definitely have changed the fireworks. Last year, and even into last March, late in the show they launched these very spherical shells that changed colors in a swirling motion, from red to blue to green, all while keeping the spherical shape. One of the most impressive fireworks I've ever seen.
They were not used last night. Most of the sky effects were flames and fireworks that just shot straight up, there were not a lot of what you might call the classic type. Just some of those at the opening and the close, and what they had was nothing special.
Still and enjoyable show, but I found the lack of the fireworks from previous shows disturbing.

Dolby1000

Those may have been reviews about the JBJB show and not the party. It was the tail wagging the dog situation where although the show didn't get rave reviews, the party did and and sold out just about every night. If there is a Christmas projection show at center stage, I can just about guarantee that there will be a dessert party.
There was high demand for the JBJB party as well and it was more expensive. Judging by the feedback at both parties, I'd have to say that the JBJB party was the more popular party. It also appealed to a broader demographics than the SW party. They didn't lose anything replacing the SW dessert party with the JBJB party.

I personally love Christmas & dessert parties, so for myself the JBJB sounds great! I think we have decided to try the JBJB party, if the SW party isn't available. We will just have to do the SW party on another vacation ;)

Saw the show last August, last March and again last night (so I love Star wars). They definitely have changed the fireworks. Last year, and even into last March, late in the show they launched these very spherical shells that changed colors in a swirling motion, from red to blue to green, all while keeping the spherical shape. One of the most impressive fireworks I've ever seen.
They were not used last night. Most of the sky effects were flames and fireworks that just shot straight up, there were not a lot of what you might call the classic type. Just some of those at the opening and the close, and what they had was nothing special.
Still and enjoyable show, but I found the lack of the fireworks from previous shows disturbing.

Dolby1000
Saw what you did there. Hehe. Nice job!

Headed down next week, where's a good place to stand/sit & watch the fireworks & get a good view of the projections. Party of 10, not doing dessert party.
TIA

Everyone attending the party receives the souvenir item when they enter the viewing area. Unless you're attending within the next couple of nights, it will not be a Chewbacca stein. It's days are numbered, literally. If you attended a certain party last week, you would have received Chewy's replacement during a test run.

ry%3D400
A few days/pages behind, but I'm pretty sure my husband (as of 1 week now - woohoo!!) picked this up at the character warehouse a little while ago for a few dollars. He loves it but it was a pain to get home, and we only had to drive. We didn't realize the sides could come off and be reattached I think I would still prefer this over the Chewie stein though - Chewie's face and eyes look weird on the stein and it kind of creeps me out.

A few days/pages behind, but I'm pretty sure my husband (as of 1 week now - woohoo!!) picked this up at the character warehouse a little while ago for a few dollars. He loves it but it was a pain to get home, and we only had to drive. We didn't realize the sides could come off and be reattached I think I would still prefer this over the Chewie stein though - Chewie's face and eyes look weird on the stein and it kind of creeps me out.
CONGRATS!!! party:

So, against my better money saving judgement.. I booked the Star Wars Tour for me and my son in August. Is the confirmation # they give you at booking the only proof you are enrolled in the tour ? I know it won't show up on MDE... but do they send an email or regular mail letter with your reservation ? I don't want to show up and hear "We don't have you listed for the tour..."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter