**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I think I would still prefer this over the Chewie stein though - Chewie's face and eyes look weird on the stein and it kind of creeps me out.

I agree the Chewie cup has a creepiness factor. Because you open up the lid, it is like you are drinking his brains! Always reminds me of the Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom monkey brain feast scene!!!

Apologies, just to confirm - which characters do visitors on the tour meet? Is it Kylo Ren, Chewbacca and BB8or do we need to schedule time in to meet and great outside of the tour? Visiting 30 July 2017.
TIA x

So, against my better money saving judgement.. I booked the Star Wars Tour for me and my son in August. Is the confirmation # they give you at booking the only proof you are enrolled in the tour ? I know it won't show up on MDE... but do they send an email or regular mail letter with your reservation ? I don't want to show up and hear "We don't have you listed for the tour..."
I called and was told that the number is all you need and no email or other confirmation would be sent (which I still find strange). They suggested adding it as a note in MDE so that it shows up in your calendar/ planner.

A few days/pages behind, but I'm pretty sure my husband (as of 1 week now - woohoo!!) picked this up at the character warehouse a little while ago for a few dollars. He loves it but it was a pain to get home, and we only had to drive. We didn't realize the sides could come off and be reattached I think I would still prefer this over the Chewie stein though - Chewie's face and eyes look weird on the stein and it kind of creeps me out.

I didn't realize they would sell these at Character Warehouse. Do they sell any of the in-park collectible mugs by chance?

JQ6YpjYm.jpg
8MWttDom.jpg

Added an X-wing to my Star Wars tattoo sleeve that I've been working on this year.
Thought you guys would appreciate it.

We just got back from our WDW trip and I thought I'd drop a report here of our experiences at the party on Friday June 16th. I'm glad we did it but we won't do it again. We got there early and hung out with the Jawas until a line started to form at the staircase there at which point we got in line (tour group was already in). After a while in line talking to a nice family behind us another family at the beginning of the line started having an agitated discussion with a CM and we realized they'd been letting people in through the main room while we were all standing there. The father of the family was clearly a bit irked because of the lack of communication. The treats were all ok, frozen nutella was excellent but most of the other stuff was meh, not terribly exciting. I thought perhaps this was just the nature of dessert parties but we went to the HEA party on our last day and the treats there were much better. Husband and I had three of the adult beverages but the only one that was drinkable was the margarita, the others were totally unbalanced. The area around the food was incredibly crowded and because there were mostly high tables most of the little kids had trouble using them. People eventually ended up sitting on the floor along the wall which to me seems ridiculous for a party that costs as much as this one does. I don't understand why they can't provide seating. The actual show was great. We loved it and thought it was well done. We also had some good chats with fellow party goers.

to me seems ridiculous for a party that costs as much as this one does. I don't understand why they can't provide seating.
You partially answered your own question. You thought it was crowded, and I agree, where would they put chairs if that's all the room that's been allotted for the party? Also, I guarantee that if chairs were provided, the cost would be higher.

You partially answered your own question. You thought it was crowded, and I agree, where would they put chairs if that's all the room that's been allotted for the party? Also, I guarantee that if chairs were provided, the cost would be higher.

It would not only cost more but have less availability.
I doubt there will ever be chairs inside launch bay, it's a fire hazard. If they moved it back outside it would be easier

It would not only cost more but have less availability.
And that's exactly what's happened with the new Frozen party at Epcot. Instead of 250, only 135 guests.
I doubt there will ever be chairs inside launch bay, it's a fire hazard.
It's not going to happen.
If they moved it back outside it would be easier
Unless they held it where the JBJB party was held, in the GMR courtyard, that's not going to happen either, especially with the ridiculous stage back in place.

Yes, I think they should either move it to a more suitable location (for the crowd) or cut back on the number of people it can take.

Yes, I think they should either move it to a more suitable location (for the crowd)
Unlikely because alternate venues are in short supply.
or cut back on the number of people it can take.
The venue can take it, so there won't be a downsizing. In fact the party has been larger. The party is not designed to have everyone inside the food area at the same time. There are only so many tables setup in the room, so that limits how crowded it can become. As long as it remains popular, I don't envision any significant changes.

Totally get that they are going to continue squeezing as much profit out of the event as they can, I was just stating that they've squeezed too hard for my Star Wars fanatic husband and it just wasn't as enjoyable as we were hoping it would be. Maybe once the new Star Wars land is open they'll have room for a new venue and we will give it another chance.

And that's exactly what's happened with the new Frozen party at Epcot. Instead of 250, only 135 guests.It's not going to happen.Unless they held it where the JBJB party was held, in the GMR courtyard, that's not going to happen either, especially with the ridiculous stage back in place.
They now have seats for the dessert party formerly known as Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party?????? We did that party on June 9 and wound up sitting on the ground. (Full disclosure; we sat on the floor at the Star Wars Dessert Party, too.)

I'm just glad we went when we did, seats or no. DS was perfectly happy to attend the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party. If I'd told him we were going to the Frozen Sparkling Dessert Party, his wee tiny head would have exploded.
:rotfl2:

Totally get that they are going to continue squeezing as much profit out of the event as they can
Yup, it's business.
they've squeezed too hard for my Star Wars fanatic husband and it just wasn't as enjoyable as we were hoping it would be.
Totally understandable, and I know that you're not alone in that sentiment.
Maybe once the new Star Wars land is open they'll have room for a new venue and we will give it another chance.
Once SW Land is open, it's very likely that this show and dessert party will cease to exist. It'll have run it's course by then. If there is a generic show that replaces the current show, they'll probably have a dessert party to go along with that theme.

Yes, I think they should either move it to a more suitable location (for the crowd) or cut back on the number of people it can take.
Agree -- I'd pay more if they cut the crowd size for it. In its current incarnation, we're not doing it again.

I'm glad that we had ALSO done it back when the entire party was outside -- a WAY BETTER experience, IMO.

Agree -- I'd pay more if they cut the crowd size for it. In its current incarnation, we're not doing it again.

I'm glad that we had ALSO done it back when the entire party was outside -- a WAY BETTER experience, IMO.
Yes we liked it outside too...the original with tall tables in the space where everyone stands for the show...but the sit down tables in the GMR courtyard was really nice too. Maybe if it's a generic show, that would work.

Any idea what launch bay with morph into once Star Wars Land opens? We always enjoyed it when it was a shop with animators, etc. In fact, I remember when it was a working studio, and you could walk through and watch the animators working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter