**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Who's excited for tonight?!!!

:darth::chewy:
DD and I are beyond excited we’re getting ready to leave for the theatre. Movie starts at 10:15 won’t be home till after 1:00am but it’s so worth it.
I remember my sister and I going to see Star Wars when it first premiered and now to be able to have 2 grown DD’s share the love that I have is priceless.

Sappy Star Wars Post: Here we are again, opening night of a brand new movie to add to our beloved Saga. I can't help but reflect my own fandom for Star Wars and how it started.
One day when I was young, very young, I turned on the T.V. and they were showing Star Wars, it instantly caught my attention and I watched the whole thing and I was hooked. None of my family were fans of Sci Fi adventures so I really don't know how I got so into it, through the years I would catch the other movies on T.V. not sharing my love for SW with anyone I knew, then came the prequels and while I got my then husband to watch Episode I, he did not like it (I can't blame him
1f642.png
:) ) and so I was left with that trilogy to enjoy by myself again. This time around is different, I have 2 kids that love the Saga and many friends that I have made because of SW, and so I get to share opening night with them and all of you. I have been around Disney fans, Harry Potter fans but SW fans are the best, hands down. We are all very supportive of each other no matter what, it's a sense of family most people don't get even with their real families.
So happy opening day everyone, enjoy every second of it and...
MTFBWY
Love this and couldn’t agree more SW fans are the best :grouphug: :darth: :chewy:

We saw it at the 6PM Fan Event Screening. And see it again tomorrow in IMAX 3D Laser yada yada. oh and then hop on a plane from NYC down to Orlando to go to Galactic Nights on Saturday, do Secrets of the Empire on Sunday, and then I fly back to NYC and my brother goes back to Dallas.

(We've seen every Star Wars movie in NYC together and aren't stopping now, even when we both lived in different cities in Texas). (But ok, dragging him to Galactic Nights is Next Level I'm Bonkers.)

Any clue of the now infamous AT-AT popcorn buckets and Phasma steins are going to be at DHS? :D

We aren't seeing the movie until tonight so I am avoiding most of the internet to avoid accidental spoilers. I have a clarification question about Galactic Nights and costumes I am hoping someone can help with. I have read through the costume guidelines for adults but am not sure if my husband's costumes would be okay or not. He has two he could wear. One is a Chewy onesie - full body expect feet and face, zipper front. The other is a more traditional jedi robe - long, touches shoes but not ground. Would either of these be okay for him to wear? Thanks!!

We aren't seeing the movie until tonight so I am avoiding most of the internet to avoid accidental spoilers. I have a clarification question about Galactic Nights and costumes I am hoping someone can help with. I have read through the costume guidelines for adults but am not sure if my husband's costumes would be okay or not. He has two he could wear. One is a Chewy onesie - full body expect feet and face, zipper front. The other is a more traditional jedi robe - long, touches shoes but not ground. Would either of these be okay for him to wear? Thanks!!
Both of them are fine, have fun and report back :)

They don't. They wind up only having room for a small bowl of nitrogen truffle while realizing they are filled with both dinner and regret.

... or, um, so I've heard. :o
This, exactly...I mean, that is what I have heard, as well. ;)

FWIW, my Padawan and I won't be viewing the aforementioned low-budget indie film until Saturday afternoon. Can we declare a spoiler-free zone here?
I'm so sad, I probably won't get to see it until after school is out for break next Wednesday. Boo hoo. However, I am one of those weird people that love spoilers - it actually enhances the movie/book/tv show experience for me - so I have actually read what happens and just WANT TO GO WATCH THE MOVIE!

Being a mom of two young kids and having a DH that works evenings, unfortunately, means I can't just go out when I want. But I will get to see it soon, I suppose.

Episode 9, my kids will be two years older, so I can probably take them with me.

Awesome! And it looks like temperatures will be low enough that he won't pass out from heat stroke from wearing a fleece lined onsie in Florida.
I'm here at dhs today and have seen 2 of the photo backdrops already set.
One is K2SO at the new grand avenue area by Muppets, the other seems to be the emperor's chair inside the Frozen queue. Let you know if i see anything else

I'm here at dhs today and have seen 2 of the photo backdrops already set.
One is K2SO at the new grand avenue area by Muppets, the other seems to be the emperor's chair inside the Frozen queue. Let you know if i see anything else
How late are you staying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter