**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I'm honestly surprised that this event isn't more popular. I'd be interested to know how its popularity changes once Galaxy's Edge opens, assuming that Galactic Spectacular and the party continue at that point.
It has been very popular. It's been taking place every night except during the Holiday season for a couple of years. Up until about 6 months ago, it was selling out every night. Attendance has tapered off somewhat, but still not bad.

It has been very popular. It's been taking place every night except during the Holiday season for a couple of years. Up until about 6 months ago, it was selling out every night. Attendance has tapered off somewhat, but still not bad.
That's interesting. Is the seating not greatly reducing the capacity then? Or are a lot of reservations made closer to the party date?

I'm sorry if these are super annoying questions, I'm just honestly fascinated with this side of events. I work for a concert venue that also does some private events, so this large scale event management/planning really interests me.

Is the seating not greatly reducing the capacity then?
The max capacity will be reduced, but coincidentally it matches what the attendance has been lately. Having said that, and IMO, the max capacity is too optimistic, but not having seen the setup, I'll reserve judgement until I see it, which might be on the first night.

I'm sorry if these are super annoying questions
The more annoying, the better.
I'm just honestly fascinated with this side of events. I work for a concert venue that also does some private events, so this large scale event management/planning really interests me.
The dessert parties are a tiny percentage of the number of events that Park Event Operations (PEO) puts on. It's a huge operation. There are hundreds and hundreds of "Event Guides". The catering staff is huge. They even have their own fleet of trucks that deliver equipment and food to the events at Epcot, AK and DHS. I think you'd be impressed at the shear size of the operation.

The dessert parties are a tiny percentage of the number of events that Park Event Operations (PEO) puts on. It's a huge operation. There are hundreds and hundreds of "Event Guides". The catering staff is huge. They even have their own fleet of trucks that deliver equipment and food to the events at Epcot, AK and DHS. I think you'd be impressed at the shear size of the operation.
If Disney offered a backstage tour where you got to see all of this I would absolutely pay for it and probably love it. We operate out of a kitchen that can only barely be called "restaurant certified" and have a part-time cook. If I had done something like the DCP I would have wanted to work in that department.

I was really keen to attend the Star Wars desert party on the 15th dec. It was my first time making airs today and I couldn’t see any availability. Has it sold out already or was I perhaps looking in the wrong place?

I was really keen to attend the Star Wars desert party on the 15th dec. It was my first time making airs today and I couldn’t see any availability. Has it sold out already or was I perhaps looking in the wrong place?

It isn't available to book yet. Right now you can only book through the end of August.

I just got off the phone this morning (called for another reservation) and had the person just check. She said it wasn't showing as bookable in October on her end either.

I just got off the phone this morning (called for another reservation) and had the person just check. She said it wasn't showing as bookable in October on her end either.
as previous poster said, right now it's only bookable through the end f August. They only release and open up reservations a couple of months in advance. The party will most likely take place until the first week in November when JBJB replaces SWaGS. If previous years are any indication the SWaGS show and dessert party will come back for the last 2 weeks of December.

as previous poster said, right now it's only bookable through the end f August. They only release and open up reservations a couple of months in advance. The party will most likely take place until the first week in November when JBJB replaces SWaGS. If previous years are any indication the SWaGS show and dessert party will come back for the last 2 weeks of December.

What's JBJB? We will be at Hollywood Studios on Nov 5th & maybe 10th so we are hoping to catch SWaGS. Thanks in advance!

Well, we have already done the Star Wars dessert party 3 times. We will be at WDW during Thanksgiving week, so maybe we can complete the set and do the JBJB dessert party. The food and drink from past years looks really good. DH and I have seen the show. It's just cute, but it's something new for DS, who seems to like Prep and Landing.

DH and I did the dessert party last October and the souvenir was a tie fighter popcorn bucket. We were so disappointed that we didn’t get a Chewie Stein as he’s DH’s favorite. We’re coming the first week of July with our kids and have the party reserved for July 6. So now the souvenir is Captain Phasma steins? I really don’t want 4 more tie fighters. They take up a lot of space!

DH and I did the dessert party last October and the souvenir was a tie fighter popcorn bucket. We were so disappointed that we didn’t get a Chewie Stein as he’s DH’s favorite. We’re coming the first week of July with our kids and have the party reserved for July 6. So now the souvenir is Captain Phasma steins? I really don’t want 4 more tie fighters. They take up a lot of space!
The TIE Fighters are long gone and the staff is very happy that they are.

What, and not once did we say hi to each other.

I think we went before you started posting on this thread, so before we knew you:) We did it back in March 2016, soon after it started and it was still all outside with the old fireworks show. We did it again in July 2016 and then in July 2017. I actually saw someone in July 2017 that I thought might be you, so I asked if he was Fastpasser. I got the strangest look:crazy: If you are still working the week before Thanksgiving, I'll stalk you:)

I think we went before you started posting on this thread, so before we knew you:) We did it back in March 2016, soon after it started and it was still all outside with the old fireworks show.
Ahh, one of my favorite parties.
I actually saw someone in July 2017 that I thought might be you
Hmm, makes me wonder how I'm pictured.
so I asked if he was Fastpasser. I got the strangest look
Other CMs would not know that name.
If you are still working the week before Thanksgiving
Probably not.

Oh I know that. I was just giving my experience as someone earlier had said their phone CM said the fall parties were showing up as sold out.

Oh I know that. I was just giving my experience as someone earlier had said their phone CM said the fall parties were showing up as sold out.
That was me! Glad your phone CM had a better idea of what they were talking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter