***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

I just got an answer after being on hold for about 70 minutes. The cast member that answered was very polite. She said several guests have called for the same reason as me. The Star Wars reservation email has the incorrect arrival date. She verified my correct hotel reservation information and said to just shift one day. My May 30 reservation is incorrect. Galaxy’s Edge will not be open on May 30. So my corrected GE reservation is May 31, 11am-3pm. She said I will be getting another email with the correct GE reservation information.

Surprised by these reports that the windows seem to overlap - 8-12, 11-3, etc. Will be interesting to see how they “clear” folks once their window closes (can’t be a single sweep)...

Surprised by these reports that the windows seem to overlap - 8-12, 11-3, etc. Will be interesting to see how they “clear” folks once their window closes (can’t be a single sweep)...
The idea of clearing it out entirely between "shifts" seemed way too time consuming to me when it was being discussed here. Overlapping time slots using wristbands or something similar works well for after hours parties and special ticketed events, so I'm sure it will work here as well.

This would also make things easier on cast members, as there would simply be a constant flow of guests entering / exiting, instead of mass charging of the gates or a group exodus.

oohhh I didn't notice that, if they overlap then either they are not clearing people like they did doing the Pandora previews or they will have a sort of color coded wristband and maybe just not allow anyone on MFSR that's not in their slot

I just got an answer after being on hold for about 70 minutes. The cast member that answered was very polite. She said several guests have called for the same reason as me. The Star Wars reservation email has the incorrect arrival date. She verified my correct hotel reservation information and said to just shift one day. My May 30 reservation is incorrect. Galaxy’s Edge will not be open on May 30. So my corrected GE reservation is May 31, 11am-3pm. She said I will be getting another email with the correct GE reservation information.

glad you got it straightened out and great that your slot is for opening day!

The idea of clearing it out entirely between "shifts" seemed way too time consuming to me when it was being discussed here. Overlapping time slots using wristbands or something similar works well for after hours parties and special ticketed events, so I'm sure it will work here as well.

This would also make things easier on cast members, as there would simply be a constant flow of guests entering / exiting, instead of mass charging of the gates or a group exodus.

Definitely interested in that ... I can see some sort of wristband or pass that signals if you are "allowed" to be there at that time then it not work going into the attraction or the stores/restaurants not serving you if you are outside your window, but still can't see them having CMs to like steer people out of the land itself

Definitely interested in that ... I can see some sort of wristband or pass that signals if you are "allowed" to be there at that time then it not work going into the attraction or the stores/restaurants not serving you if you are outside your window, but still can't see them having CMs to like steer people out of the land itself
I appreciate that a full sweep is cumbersome, but with a wristband type system, better hope for an earlier time slot as crowds will surely build.

maybe the 4 hour will be divided into like an hour for MFSR then an hour for the shops then an hour for food and drinks. After that most people might just see no need to stay but there will always be some (like me) that would just stay in all day

maybe the 4 hour will be divided into like an hour for MFSR then an hour for the shops then an hour for food and drinks. After that most people might just see no need to stay but there will always be some (like me) that would just stay in all day

or maybe you have like 2.5-3 hours for the land and then you get in the queue for the ride and from the exit of the ride you are led directly out of the land?

Even with "limited" access, is expecting a three hour wait time for MFSR unreasonable? How will that play into a four hour visit? Will people spend 3 hours and 55min visting SWGE before jumping into line or will you have to spend valuable SWGE touring time in line?

Even with "limited" access, is expecting a three hour wait time for MFSR unreasonable? How will that play into a four hour visit? Will people spend 3 hours and 55min visting SWGE before jumping into line or will you have to spend valuable SWGE touring time in line?
I’m sure more details will be released.

I think they'll do it similar to other preview events, where you get a set time to ride the ride and you can only ride it once.

I think they'll do it similar to other preview events, where you get a set time to ride the ride and you can only ride it once.

That would make sense, and with the windows to visit they should be able to control crowd size a lot more so maybe that will limit the line at any one time to only an hour wait or something and your window includes what 1 hour window you have to ride the ride or something

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter