***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

I will be overpacking for sure especially with not knowing what the weather might be from day to day. But I overpack usually anyway. We drive so I can bring extra stuff without any issues.

For everyone that is wondering about what to pack, let me set your mind at ease...

You won't know what to pack until the 10 day forecast before your trip.

I'm sorry. But I have been to WDW in December a few times. 1 time, there was frost on the ground when we went to the bus stop 1st thing in the morning. 1 time, I had to keep 2 replacement shirts in my backpack for when I'd sweat thru the previous shirt. 1 time it rained like it did in the summer months. And 1 time it was JUUUUUSSSSSSTTTT right.

The best advice I can give, if the temperature will fluctuate on the days that you visit, brings a hockey jersey. They act as wind breakers when it's windy, keep the heat in when it's chilly, light enough that it's not too hot when it's warm, and easy enough to take off and stow in a pack it is too warm. Plus, wearing a team from your area is always a conversation starter with people in line.

In an off topic moment, I was just clicking around today and found the Disney Food Blogs on youtube. THIS is the ranking of Magic Kingdom eateries.

For everyone that is wondering about what to pack, let me set your mind at ease...

You won't know what to pack until the 10 day forecast before your trip.

I'm sorry. But I have been to WDW in December a few times. 1 time, there was frost on the ground when we went to the bus stop 1st thing in the morning. 1 time, I had to keep 2 replacement shirts in my backpack for when I'd sweat thru the previous shirt. 1 time it rained like it did in the summer months. And 1 time it was JUUUUUSSSSSSTTTT right.

The best advice I can give, if the temperature will fluctuate on the days that you visit, brings a hockey jersey. They act as wind breakers when it's windy, keep the heat in when it's chilly, light enough that it's not too hot when it's warm, and easy enough to take off and stow in a pack it is too warm. Plus, wearing a team from your area is always a conversation starter with people in line.

In an off topic moment, I was just clicking around today and found the Disney Food Blogs on youtube. THIS is the ranking of Magic Kingdom eateries.

ITA! I haven't been in December, but I've taken a couple November trips and you really never know - it could be summer like heat or quite cold, especially in the mornings and evenings. We're hoping for at least one day where it's warm enough to swim since we're staying at the Poly! :)

I agree with BDL. Although I have never been to Disney in December, I have been to Florida. I wait until about 5 days out to do my final packing for any winter season trips to Florida. You just never know what to expect.

I am pack a few extra long sleeve shirts or lightweight jackets just in case the weather goes all haywire while there.

Love Disney food blog! Their website is great too.

Thanks everyone for the comments about packing!

Hey everyone!! Boring, uneventful day at work. Freezing and what am I doing...starting to plan for my trip.

That’s okay right?? LOL

Been a really stressful week and the only thing that keeps me going is prepping for my trip....in December.

I've been really sick this week :( I haven't started seriously planning yet, just tentatively thinking about what days I want to do what things.

Planning is half the fun of the trip!

After 2 years of going around Food & Wine, changing things up this year with a December trip! POFQ December 1-7! Very excited to return to my favorite moderate with my parents who haven't been to WDW in 12 years. Not going to overthink things for a few more months until around Easter.

Bought our tickets from UCT Thursday so I don’t have to pay price increase prices later. So excited for our trip!

I hate these ticket price increases. I need to purchase tickets for me, my sister and niece for our December trip. But I am not for sure if they will 100% be going. I don’t want to be stuck with 2 sets of tickets I won’t need in the event they pull out last minute. Wasn’t a problem when they were non-expiring but now.. shew.
Renting points and have to buy ticket separately.

I am so excited to be going back to Disney and going for the 2nd time for the Holidays! It's actually a November/December trip but the majority of it is in December. Doing a 10 day trip the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. My last Disney trip was last May, and my previous time in the holidays was 2014. Also, glad I booked several days before the price hike. I will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas for the first time. I have always wanted to stay at an Epcot resort so I'm glad I am finally doing it. My last few trips have been at Values, which are fine, but I must say, I do miss staying at the more luxurious resorts, generally, so I'm glad I am going back to one of those. I will miss the Osbourne Lights, but oh well, am looking foreward to that tree exhibit I understand they have at Disney Springs, at least.

Has anyone started their ADR list yet? What are you hoping to nail down? Since I've been having pregnancy insomnia :-)headache::headache::headache:), my mind tends to go a million miles an hour and last night I think I nailed down the details. (the Disney portion that is)

Sat Dec 1st - Check out of the Aventura at Universal (~10am ish? I want the girls to sleep in if possible! We'll have an easy breakfast before driving over to Disney property.) Arrive at AOA around lunch time. Eat some lunch if hungry. Now, because this is a Saturday the parks will be packed. I'm thinking of having an early dinner at Disney Springs OR going to a resort for dinner (Boma?) If we are all feeling up to it, maybe we'll head for MK for fireworks? I'm leaving this day fairly open not knowing how we'll be.

Sun Dec 2nd - Depending on the previous night, I'm hoping to RD Hollywood Studios and head for Toy Story Land. I know we could easily spend 4+ hours here. I'm hoping for a lunch at Hollywood and Vine. This will be a MVMCP day so we may do it this day as well. If we get tickets for this day, then we will not RD Hollywood Studios. We'll spend the day by the pool (weather permitting) and head for MK around 4pm.

Mon Dec 3rd - Sleep in if MVMCP night before, if not, we'll RD Animal Kingdom. Last year AK had morning EMH. We'll hopefully have a breakfast at Tusker House. After an afternoon nap/swim, we'll head back for Rivers of Light. We have never seen it. :)

Tue Dec 4th - RD Magic Kingdom! Hoping for a breakfast or lunch at CRT. Evening will be spent in Epcot. We're hoping for another yummy dinner at Rose and Crown. If we decide to do MVMCP on Sunday Dec 2nd, then we'll potentially move HS to this date.

..... and that's as far as I got....

We will be there Dec 1-11th. I love the planning portion but it's also exhausting!

I have figured out all the ADR's but I need for the Christmas party dates to be out to make our week schedule

We are planning on eating at Ohana's twice (once for dinner and once for breakfast), Tusker House (probably lunch / dinner), Whispering Canyon Cafe (lunch or dinner), Akershus (breakfast) and Coral Reef (dinner)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!