***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Hey all, newbie here(lets just say that I haven't been to WDW this century) and bring my wife and 4 year old - its totally her princess trip and so the BBB princess experience and the Frozen events will be high on the list - for their first ever trips this dec 15-20. Thanks in advance for the billions of newbie question I'm sure to be asking. Staying at the Swan FYI.

So got free dining so same dates but my plans changed. One night (Dec 11-12) at Wilderness Lodge and Dec 12-19 with free dining (I upgraded though) at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. So excited!

This is our first December trip. Looking forward to all the Christmas decorations. It will be me, my wife, two girls (5 and 7), my parents and mother in law. We just got two pop rooms with free dining yesterday. We originally had AOA little mermaid rooms, but we couldn’t pass up free dining.we are going 12/7-12/12. We are planning on doing a Christmas party, probably 12/11. It will be our first. We did the MNSSHP last year.

Last edited:
I get to join 2 threads this year because we are going November 26-28 at BWV and November 28 to December 04 at AKV Kidani! It will be myself, DH, DS11, DD8 and DS6. So excited to plan with everyone!!!

Just booked!!

12/14-12/18 staying at CBR. A bunch of firsts this trip! We have never been in December, never stayed at CBR. Should be a ton of fun, and time to start planning!!

I believe I've captured all the updates! Let me know otherwise. : )
One request, if you don't mind... if posting updated dates or lodging, it would be helpful if you include your original dates. It's easier for me to find on the roll call. :love:

Also, I updated the first post with some December-ish information and links to oft-read planning threads. Post if you find December event blogs, sites, threads that you think would be helpful for folks planning and I'll add them to the post.

I believe I've captured all the updates! Let me know otherwise. : )
One request, if you don't mind... if posting updated dates or lodging, it would be helpful if you include your original dates. It's easier for me to find on the roll call. :love:

Also, I updated the first post with some December-ish information and links to oft-read planning threads. Post if you find December event blogs, sites, threads that you think would be helpful for folks planning and I'll add them to the post.
Hi! Since you are caught up, would this be a good time to add us? December 22-28 Pop. DH, Me, DS 16, DD 18.

We use Touring Plans for our trips. Here are links to their site, and also I want to share their already-created plans for MVMCP if you are planning to attend a party. I'll paste them below.

A few notes as this sometimes causes confusion:
  • These pre-made plans, and also the customizable ones, are free. I believe you'll need to have the basic, free membership (though you may be able to get the pre-made plans without one; I'm not sure). You don't need to purchase the premium membership. That said, I do, as I make great use of the Lines app in-park, which allows you to adjust your touring plans as you go given actual crowds, plus allows you to see user entered wait times while you are there, etc. Also the daily crowd calendar from the website. The free membership also gives you access to the dining reservation finder.
  • If you do use a touring plan, at the bottom of the touring plan are tools to help based on crowds. (I'm really just summarizing this, but think it's important to at least raise so you don't wonder WTH happened to your plan.)
    • One is a button called Optimize. This rearranges the activities you've chosen based on crowds and two items you've selected - 1) your walking speed and 2) your desire to wait less or walk less or be balanced. This is great to do at the beginning to get you a really efficient starting plan.
    • There is another tool called Evaluate. This will simply show you the estimated waiting, free, and walking time without rearranging anything. This is better to use after you've got a really nice plan, but have tweaked a few things so that you do x here and y there for whatever reason you want.
    • The reason I am talking about this is because if you Optimize late in the planning, it could change the whole order of everything based on the tool's sequencing. Once you have a plan you like, don't update it. If you want to Optimize again or make more changes, create copy of your plan to play around with, just so you don't lose your original.
--> Main link to their Touring Plans. https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/touring-plans

--> Link to page with MVMCP plans (scroll down to the bottom three): https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/touring-plans/miscellaneous

I just got an email update from TouringPlans that says the day we were scheduled to go to AK, the predicted crowd level just went up to a 10!! I think it was originally a 6 or a 7. Anyone know why this would be? I know the official park hours are not yet released, so Im not sure what they use to get their info. This is for December 8th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!