***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Well I canceled my 10:15 Homecoming brunch on Dec 2. I just wasn't convinced that I should do it. I have a B&C ressie for 2pm that day and was going to just get a No Way Jose but may just eat lunch there and have breakfast at the resort. I found an ADR for Le Cellier and thought I should book that and talked myself out of it too. I may hang around the resort pool for a couple of hours or something. Going to the party that evening

A FD Bounce back is bookable til October 31st. Typically a room only discount for dates til the end of 2019 kicks in then. There is always a bounce back. Just dial ext. 8844 from your room to find out exactly what it is if you don’t see any info. in your room.
That's a relief! Thanks so much!:)

Well I canceled my 10:15 Homecoming brunch on Dec 2. I just wasn't convinced that I should do it. I have a B&C ressie for 2pm that day and was going to just get a No Way Jose but may just eat lunch there and have breakfast at the resort. I found an ADR for Le Cellier and thought I should book that and talked myself out of it too. I may hang around the resort pool for a couple of hours or something. Going to the party that evening
I also canceled my Dec 2 Homecoming brunch reservation. They are now offering brunch on Saturdays, so I grabbed one on the 1st. It helps to have more choice, so glad they added another brunch day. :flower:

I'm not sure if I can post the link here but I just got an email with sad news. The WDW Railroad will be temporarily closed starting in December for the construction of the new TRON ride. I am so disappointed. It's one of my favorite things to do in the MK. ):

I'm not sure if I can post the link here but I just got an email with sad news. The WDW Railroad will be temporarily closed starting in December for the construction of the new TRON ride. I am so disappointed. It's one of my favorite things to do in the MK. ):

Oh no! MK without the RR is not the same for me either. Not a happy camper as I could give 2 hoots about the TRON ride. I'm wondering when in December it will be closing. Another reason not to spend a lot of time at MK on our December trip. I'm leaning towards spending more time towards Epcot and DHS on this trip anyway and this just makes it easier.

Last edited:

Did it give you the actual dates of the closure? We will be there early December, but I fear it will be closed.

I got my JBJB party for 12/1! Finally have December plans set although I want to move up one of my ADRs to an earlier time if I can

I’m thinking of booking a bounce back trip for 2019 Christmas week. Anyone have experience during this time. Is just christamas eve and day the craziest? Or is the whole week just insane?

Touring Plans reservation finder came through for me, as always, and I got the Ohana reservation we'd been hoping for! Our plans now look like this (and this is as final as they're getting until our FP+ day):

12/6: Leave Georgia at 8 am. Arrive at Pop around 12-12:30.
Dinner at Ohana at 3:35pm.
MVMCP after dinner.

12/7: Breakfast at 1900 PF at 10:35 am.
Animal Kingdom after breakfast (FP+ for FOP [2pm?], Safari [3pm?], Everest [4pm?].

12/8: Rope drop Epcot/Soarin' (FP+ for Figment [9:30am?], Spaceship Earth [10:30am?], Test Track [11:30am?].
Dinner at Raglan Road at 6:15pm.

12/9: Check out.
Rope drop DHS for AS2/TSMM (FP+ SDD [9am?], ToT [10am?], RnRC [11am?].
Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In at 12:35pm.
Leave DHS to drive home to Georgia no later than 3:00pm.

Nice! Must be great to be able to drive to WDW. We pay a pretty hefty price for airfare at times. Would be great to just hop in the car.

DW and I are taking our first-ever Christmas-week trip this year, Dec. 21-27 at Art of Animation.

Fun times! I've always wanted to go over Christmas but most everything was double, be it points-wise or cash wise. My husband's workplace is also closed down all that Christmas week so it would have been great but not for WDW. :( I'm so jealous!

I thought I also read that the Tomorrowland Speedway will be closed for some time coming up, but not sure if that includes December.

So excited! We already have my Feb 2-8 trip planned on property but just found out we are also going Dec 26-31st! Staying off property and going for my nephew's soccer tournament. But now buying the annual pass will finally be worth it (going to upgrade our 4-day Florida Resident passes so we don't have to deal with blackout dates). I have never been when the park is decorated for the holidays. I can't wait!!!

I thought I also read that the Tomorrowland Speedway will be closed for some time coming up, but not sure if that includes December.

Here's what I found - Next, the Tomorrowland Speedway will close for a portion of 2019, as the ride’s track is re-routed and slightly shortened. Per Disney, it will “reopen as the same attraction our guests know and love in the summer of 2019.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!