***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

OMG....this Disney @ Christmastime stuff is costing me a fortune!

I already added on the JBJB dessert party and a MVMCP and then the Deluxe DP for "special dinners" and now I've got an online shopping cart full of holiday mickey ears and matching fleece jackets and...and...and...

and there are Christmas presents to buy yet!

I know your pain
I need to buy some restraint

I already added on the JBJB dessert party and a MVMCP and then the Deluxe DP for "special dinners" and now I've got an online shopping cart full of holiday mickey ears and matching fleece jackets and...and...and...

Somebody stop me.

Shop Disney is having its friends and family sale and there is currently a magical rush for 45 more minutes that’s free shipping, no minimum. After that it goes back to $75 minimum free shipping. I placed an order for what I had been watching

Shop Disney is having its friends and family sale and there is currently a magical rush for 45 more minutes that’s free shipping, no minimum. After that it goes back to $75 minimum free shipping. I placed an order for what I had been watching

No problem with free shipping for me. I just placed a $280 order. LOL!!!!

Thank you!

I will say (in case anyone else is looking) that the ornament with any purchase for $12 is still reduced further (25%) and they will allow you to buy multiple. That surprised me. I figured it'd be limited to 1 and no add'l discount. We do ornament exchanges and it looks pretty cute for $9 so I bought 4.

Also, I used some Disney gift cards bought for about 11% off, so my $280 really cost me less than $250. Not too shabby!

Hello fellow December Disney peeps. I am very sad to inform you that I have to cancel my December trip. ): I had a lumpectomy yesterday. I actually feel pretty good but I will need to have radiation for several weeks and all my medical appointments and recovery have also eaten up my vacation time. I'm going to try and see if Disney will reimburse me my MVMCP tickets. Meanwhile, I have already started dreaming about an early spring trip with my mom to celebrate her bday and visit the EPCOT F&G Festival. I'm really bummed but health comes first and Disney will always be there. See you around the DIS boards!
I am so sorry. Hope everything goes well with your treatment.

Somebody stop me.

Me toooo. Just got our MVMCP tickets today for Dec 6th. Already have JBJB lol.

I need to start packing soon. Less than 3 weeks.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but we are planning our first ever WDW trip at CHRISTMAS! Unfortunately, it is literally AT CHRISTMAS, or to be more specific, 12/29 - 1/2. Anyone have tips for surviving Christmas at WDW? I'll be going with DM (60+) and DB (29). The last time all three of us did all the parks was in 2014, so we have been (relatively) recently. I have warned them both that there will be CRAZY crowds, and I'm hoping if we go in with the expectation of seeing the Christmas-specific stuff and whatever FP+ we can get, we'll have reasonable expectations.

Here's our current plan:
Saturday, 12/29: EP (Planning to book a Candlelight Processional Dinner)
Sunday, 12/30: MK (Will try to get an ADR somewhere so we can have a spot to rest)
Monday, 12/31: HS (Is it worth it to book a Fantasmic Dining Package?)
Tuesday, 1/1: "Rest" day - tour the hotels (we're staying off property) and look at Christmas decorations, or just generally relax
Wednesday 1/2: AK

My DM loves Christmas and all the decorations, hence why I wanted to get to EP and MK before all the Christmas events were over. We're thinking about getting a 5-Day non-hopper pass, just in case we want to squeeze something in on 1/1, if we're up to it.

Any tips? Advice? This is obviously pretty last minute, but I'm doing my best! ;)

Sounds like a great trip! Yes, it will be crazy busy but with good planning that isn’t the end of the world. When I went at that time of year we rope dropped, had fast passes booked starting around 11am and then left in the early afternoon. We had a fantastic time and didn’t feel overwhelmed by the crowds.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but we are planning our first ever WDW trip at CHRISTMAS! Unfortunately, it is literally AT CHRISTMAS, or to be more specific, 12/29 - 1/2. Anyone have tips for surviving Christmas at WDW? I'll be going with DM (60+) and DB (29). The last time all three of us did all the parks was in 2014, so we have been (relatively) recently. I have warned them both that there will be CRAZY crowds, and I'm hoping if we go in with the expectation of seeing the Christmas-specific stuff and whatever FP+ we can get, we'll have reasonable expectations.

Here's our current plan:
Saturday, 12/29: EP (Planning to book a Candlelight Processional Dinner)
Sunday, 12/30: MK (Will try to get an ADR somewhere so we can have a spot to rest)
Monday, 12/31: HS (Is it worth it to book a Fantasmic Dining Package?)
Tuesday, 1/1: "Rest" day - tour the hotels (we're staying off property) and look at Christmas decorations, or just generally relax
Wednesday 1/2: AK

My DM loves Christmas and all the decorations, hence why I wanted to get to EP and MK before all the Christmas events were over. We're thinking about getting a 5-Day non-hopper pass, just in case we want to squeeze something in on 1/1, if we're up to it.

Any tips? Advice? This is obviously pretty last minute, but I'm doing my best! ;)

I hope you have a great time :) we visited over christmas and new years for my first trip. it was busy, but i have lots of great memories.

one suggestion: everyone is going to be taking it easy on new year’s day, especially in the morning. if you are at all morning people, you should consider visiting a park that day, and moving your quiet day somewhere else in your plans. in my experience, that morning is the quietest i’ve ever seen a park. we have ride photos where were the only people riding.

oh, another suggestion: i would absolutely book one meal per day. and if seeing fantamic and the candlelight processional are important to you, definitely try to find dining packages. even with priority seating, expect to be there with tons of notice. everything takes longer during that week, because the crowds are so intense. it’s tons of fun, but very different from any other week of the year!

Me toooo. Just got our MVMCP tickets today for Dec 6th. Already have JBJB lol.

I need to start packing soon. Less than 3 weeks.
I’m ready to start packing soon too! 25 days for me (though technically I need to be ready in 24 since I’m staying at the airport the night before). I’m just so torn about what clothes to pack. I usually am a pack the kitchen sink type, but I’ll be gone a total of 13 days and suitcases do have a weight limit!

I am trying to figure out weather and what to pack. I am going to have to wait until the week of to decide I think. I have a basic plan but need better temperature numbers to finalize

I wanna jump in tooo!!! My vacation starts nov 28th- dec 1st at akl, then im moving over to universal.... BUT i'll be back on the 3rd for the mk after hours and then the mvmcp on the 4th at Caribbean Beach

Last edited:
I am trying to figure out weather and what to pack. I am going to have to wait until the week of to decide I think. I have a basic plan but need better temperature numbers to finalize
December is a crapshoot. We've hit days where it was a sweltering 90 during the day (Was our Universal day so no heading back to the room) and freezing cold once the sun went down.
Be prepared for both, layers are your friend. Sometimes a locker too.

Super excited to find this thread!! We'll be off site December 8th to December 17th. We have two college aged kids and this will be our first Christmas trip. We're driving from North Louisiana. We're leaving Friday, December 7th and picking up our daughter from LSU and arriving on Saturday the 8th. Lots of firsts this trip! Keys to the Kingdom tour, Candlelight Processional but lots of repeats too like Hoop Dee Doo.

I’m ready to start packing soon too! 25 days for me (though technically I need to be ready in 24 since I’m staying at the airport the night before). I’m just so torn about what clothes to pack. I usually am a pack the kitchen sink type, but I’ll be gone a total of 13 days and suitcases do have a weight limit!
Me too. I’ve have bee. Trying to pack lighter but it is so hard.

SO sorry if this has already been discussed. But I am putting way too much energy and time trying to predict crowds and decide which route is best for our upcoming trip. I will be going to WDW in a couple weeks, and I am torn between buying MVMCP or another park hopper. It's just my husband and I. We have done the party before, but touringplans projects the Thursday we would attend the party as a 1 at MK during the day. So is it better to forgo the party and just go to the MK during the day? I've been reading more and more that the parties get overcrowded. My husband and I usually go to a Christmas party or Halloween party almost every year--so it's not like we haven't experienced it before. Ideally I'd do both, but I can't justify it financially. Logistically, I feel like I should just get another park hopper (as of now, we have 3 park hopper days)---but I'm also a sucker for the Christmas magic! Haha any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated! Thank you!

2 weeks today we fly out for our trip!! I can't believe the time is almost here.. I haven't packed a thing and am still messing around with our plans. We have our tickets for the Dec 6th MVMCP and I booked the Tony's parade package for that night as well. I am not sure if I will keep it or cancel it but at least it is an option. Only hard part right now is we have a fast pass for Slinky Dog at 2:50pm but I really want to be over that Magic Kingdom by then to line up for Jack and Sally meet. We do have another morning at DHS that we could rope drop Slinky that might be our best bet...

Happy planning and packing everyone!!

Just got my email update for Dec 12. Mk staying open until 10. Honestly, I’m surprised I haven’t seen more increases. I expected a few days toward the end of my trip to see 8am openings. I’m very interested to see what the crowd will be like (and if I can get my Christmas mug dec 7)!

Just got my email update for Dec 12. Mk staying open until 10. Honestly, I’m surprised I haven’t seen more increases. I expected a few days toward the end of my trip to see 8am openings. I’m very interested to see what the crowd will be like (and if I can get my Christmas mug dec 7)!
Hmmm maybe Disney only did this since its a non-party MK night with EMH?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!