***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

Just saw from TP that MK hours have been extended 12/15, 12/17, and 12/19. Non party nights of course.

How soon do they update later FastPass times when they extend hours? I just checked, and they haven’t as of yet.

SO sorry if this has already been discussed. But I am putting way too much energy and time trying to predict crowds and decide which route is best for our upcoming trip. I will be going to WDW in a couple weeks, and I am torn between buying MVMCP or another park hopper. It's just my husband and I. We have done the party before, but touringplans projects the Thursday we would attend the party as a 1 at MK during the day. So is it better to forgo the party and just go to the MK during the day? I've been reading more and more that the parties get overcrowded. My husband and I usually go to a Christmas party or Halloween party almost every year--so it's not like we haven't experienced it before. Ideally I'd do both, but I can't justify it financially. Logistically, I feel like I should just get another park hopper (as of now, we have 3 park hopper days)---but I'm also a sucker for the Christmas magic! Haha any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated! Thank you!

You dont pay separately for each park hopper day. Its one price per ticket, good for every day of ticket length

Last edited:
How soon do they update later FastPass times when they extend hours? I just checked, and they haven’t as of yet.

FYI anyone looking for fastpasses because of MK extended hours I just got an email that my 8:10-9:00 fastpass was changed to 9:10 so I’m assuming it’s hit the system.

Is anyone shipping many packages (food, Christmas presents, etc) and done the research on the best / cheapest way to do this? There is a sticky thread on the subject but it doesn't look like the 1st post is up to date. I know all resorts are charging package fees now, because I have experienced it.

I haven't finished my wrapping yet, but I know I will have at least 2 large boxes to send. Wouldn't mind sending ahead a 3rd box with water, snacks, etc.

I'm staying at Boardwalk Villas (DVC), which has a convention center on property, but I'd need my packages after hours on arrival day. Ideally, I'd like them in my room when we get there, but it looks like maybe it doesn't work that way a convention center resorts? Ugh. Anyone have any suggestions?

We could check a LOT of bags for free on Southwest I guess, lol. Maybe that really is my best option. We don't usually check any bags.

TIA!

Last edited:
This week I received our luggage tags and our magic bands! We are leaving 3 weeks from today! I’ve never planned a trip so far in advance so it seems strange now all the planning is done and all we have left to do is be excited! And pack :dogdance:

This week I received our luggage tags and our magic bands! We are leaving 3 weeks from today! I’ve never planned a trip so far in advance so it seems strange now all the planning is done and all we have left to do is be excited! And pack :dogdance:

This is the hardest time!!! we are a week out and I feel like I have been planning this trip forever..

10 days! I pulled out my suitcase last night and started throwing things in as I remember them. Still a couple things to grab from the store before I can start packing in earnest though.

10 days! I pulled out my suitcase last night and started throwing things in as I remember them. Still a couple things to grab from the store before I can start packing in earnest though.
I started clearing out the closet so I could get TO the suitcases! :rolleyes: Ended up scheduling a donation pickup... donating most of my grandmother's albums (many unopened!) Got my cardio in... those antique buggers are heavy!
I can now see what I left in my bags since last December's trip and plan accordingly.

Last edited:
So yesterday afternoon my DirectTV box went out, so no TV. Then last nite a tree falls on my house and takes out the satellite and fence and who knows if any damage to roof. Guess I will have time to pack now with no TV to watch.

Thursday cant come fast enough!

So yesterday afternoon my DirectTV box went out, so no TV. Then last nite a tree falls on my house and takes out the satellite and fence and who knows if any damage to roof. Guess I will have time to pack now with no TV to watch.

This trip can't come soon enough for you.... Happy Packing...

We got most of it done last night.. just a few last minute things to throw in on Thursday Morning..

Oh no. Did your area have a lot of wind yesterday? We did. I was worried something similar would happen here. Our DirectTV also went out for a little while. No trees or fence down, though. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that and hope someone can get out there soon to shore up any damage so you can go on your trip worry-free.

18 days to go!! Have one suitcase almost packed. Will pack the rest about 3 days before the trip. Finalizing some things and making last minute changes. The closer we get, the more second guessing I tend to do. We actually are leaving in 17. I can’t wait. I so need this vacation!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!