****Official Thanksgiving 2020 Thread****

Our dates are the same, 11/20 - 11/28 at CBR :yay: . I'm so hoping it happens too, as this is a rescheduled trip for us as well.

Fingers and toes crossed for sure!

We are at CBR for our rescheduled trip too. How ironic! We should compare plans :laughing: We were so excited to stay there in March/April - we let the kids choose between moderates for that trip and they picked CBR due to the skyliner access. We stayed there once in 2011 and liked it but felt the renovations and skyliner have made it more appealing!

After initially rebooking for TG week I took some time off planning as it was hard to switch my brain from the meticulously planned Spring Break trip that was just a week away - to start over on a more Disney Christmas focused one at Thanksgiving. First time for us during the holidays so we are excited to explore the variety of decorations and offerings. Lots of DIS and DFB watched over quarantine to gear us up and after that long break in planning we were all more ready to think about Christmas in May!

Can I be hopeful that maybe this means the crowds won't be completely insane?

I am wondering if Disney is limiting capacity for these fall bookings at all - resorts and ADRs - to accommodate a staged opening and physical distancing. I have to be honest that it makes me nervous to think of being a part of “insane crowds” knowing the expectation of a fall re-emerging of virus and vaccine timelines. We are still seeing exponential increases in MN... When I rebooked right away when WDW closed in March we did not have any idea what we were getting into, how long the pandemic would last, the spread, extent of loss or what the near term nor 8 months into the future held.

Not to totally be a debbie downer on this excitement! But mine is definitely tempered in the back - and sometimes front of my brain...

Fingers and toes crossed for sure!

We are at CBR for our rescheduled trip too. How ironic! We should compare plans :laughing: We were so excited to stay there in March/April - we let the kids choose between moderates for that trip and they picked CBR due to the skyliner access. We stayed there once in 2011 and liked it but felt the renovations and skyliner have made it more appealing!

After initially rebooking for TG week I took some time off planning as it was hard to switch my brain from the meticulously planned Spring Break trip that was just a week away - to start over on a more Disney Christmas focused one at Thanksgiving. First time for us during the holidays so we are excited to explore the variety of decorations and offerings. Lots of DIS and DFB watched over quarantine to gear us up and after that long break in planning we were all more ready to think about Christmas in May!
I am wondering if Disney is limiting capacity for these fall bookings at all - resorts and ADRs - to accommodate a staged opening and physical distancing. I have to be honest that it makes me nervous to think of being a part of “insane crowds” knowing the expectation of a fall re-emerging of virus and vaccine timelines. We are still seeing exponential increases in MN... When I rebooked right away when WDW closed in March we did not have any idea what we were getting into, how long the pandemic would last, the spread, extent of loss or what the near term nor 8 months into the future held.

Not to totally be a debbie downer on this excitement! But mine is definitely tempered in the back - and sometimes front of my brain...
That's funny how similar our plans are 😂. When we originally booked, CBR wasn't available so we went with POR (we are a party of 5 so are relegated to those 5th sleeper rooms with the mods). The kids were disappointed because at our CBR stay last year, the skyliner wasn't open yet so we spent a week and a half longingly watch it do test runs 🤣. I kept an eye on availability though, so as soon as a CBR room opened up we jumped on it.

We were originally to go this summer in early July, but with the likely mask mandate coupled with massive heat and humidity, we decided to switch to a cooler time of year. Masks don't bother me in more moderate temperatures so I think we would be able to tolerate it in November, but I just can't do them in the fiery heat of early July. I'm hopeful there is not a bad resurgence in the fall. If there is, we will likely just postpone and come during the anniversary celebration next year.

That's funny how similar our plans are 😂. When we originally booked, CBR wasn't available so we went with POR (we are a party of 5 so are relegated to those 5th sleeper rooms with the mods). The kids were disappointed because at our CBR stay last year, the skyliner wasn't open yet so we spent a week and a half longingly watch it do test runs 🤣. I kept an eye on availability though, so as soon as a CBR room opened up we jumped on it.

Add our family to the list of similar resort choices. We had spring break planned, and were just 5 days from arrival when Disney shut down. We are also a family of 5 that wanted CBR for that trip, but it was full once we finally made the decision to book at the end of December, so we had to "settle" for POR. When we re-booked for Thanksgiving, we jumped on the chance to stay at CBR and are really looking forward to it.

Caroline 5177, it will be our 4 th thanksgiving trip at the lodge too!!
Last year , I got liberty tree for Black Friday dinner which worked out fine, we didn’t arrive till thanksgiving day. We did a quick service at roaring fork then hopped boat to Magic Kingdom and had big thunder fastpas and waited for pirates. Fun start to our trip.
This year thinking The Wave- steak and seafood. And MK
Or ( since it will be our 3 rd day) maybe whispering canyon for a big late breakfast then QS in the park. Or if we do AK that day and head over to Boma at the lodge . Hoping, they come up with a solution to the buffet.
I heard both Boma and the wave had some thanksgiving dishes added to their menus in the past.
Happy planning everyone.

Southwest opened their calendar to include Thanksgiving this morning and I booked our flights. Little did I know that resort reservations would be paused so even though we have been the last four Thanksgivings I was waiting until I had flights secured first. Hope they open ressies soon so I too can once again jump on the Thanksgiving train.

Hello Thanksgiving friends!

Was anyone able to snag dining reservations before the dining reservations were shut out?

Today was my ADR day so we haven’t secured any as of yet. Bummed, but understand and will try once things open back up.
At least I saw a heads up post last evening that the dining was closed and didn’t get up early. 😆

Today was my ADR day so we haven’t secured any as of yet. Bummed, but understand and will try once things open back up.
At least I saw a heads up post last evening that the dining was closed and didn’t get up early. 😆
Hopefully they get things up and running soon and you are able to secure everything you were looking for 🤞.

Was anyone able to snag dining reservations before the dining reservations were shut out?

Mine was Saturday, so I got stuff. There was a lot of availability, but maybe we were not trying for really hard things. I got late breakfast for both Tusker House and CRT though.

I was able to make all of our dining reservations on 5/25/20. For now, they are all still showing up in MDE. I'm curious to see if they stick around.

I was able to make all of our dining reservations on 5/25/20. For now, they are all still showing up in MDE. I'm curious to see if they stick around.

I read that travel agents were notified that all fast pass and dining reservations would be cancelled and if anyone purchased a dining plan it would be refunded - and then when they redo whatever it is they are doing - they will provide priority access to anyone who was cancelled based on when they are staying - of course this is as it now. Much can change by November.

this is the actual language from Disney parks blog:

As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages, through the end of the year. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits.

I read that travel agents were notified that all fast pass and dining reservations would be cancelled and if anyone purchased a dining plan it would be refunded - and then when they redo whatever it is they are doing - they will provide priority access to anyone who was cancelled based on when they are staying - of course this is as it now. Much can change by November.

As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all existing dining reservations and experience bookings, including Disney dining plans included in packages, through the end of the year. We will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. We will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward to allow Guests to make their plans closer to their visits.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/05/an-update-on-walt-disney-world-resort-reservations/

All our early morning wake ups this past week for ADRs down the drain:(

Can’t wait to see how it goes at the 60 day window goes....

Figures, the one year I got great ADR's, including the coveted Sci-Fi dinner which we have never gotten to do and LTT Thanksgiving dinner 🤣😂. And my July vacation was officially scrapped by yesterday's announcement too. Guess it's the year of rolling with the punches, eh?

As I watch my neighborhood burn to the ground tonight in Minneapolis with no police, national guard or fire fighters, I see this post about cancelled dining reservations through the end of the year :headache: only Three days after making my ADRs for our rescheduled Spring Break Trip over Thanksgiving...

I really just cant even... 2020 needs to end

Figures, the one year I got great ADR's, including the coveted Sci-Fi dinner which we have never gotten to do and LTT Thanksgiving dinner 🤣😂. And my July vacation was officially scrapped by yesterday's announcement too. Guess it's the year of rolling with the punches, eh?

We have organized to protect our South Minneapolis neighborhood tonight! Send good thought and vibes! Stay safe people - I’m so scared and sad for our Neighborhood, City and nation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter