****Official Thanksgiving 2020 Thread****

Sydnerella so sad the news this weekend. I hope that you and those you love are safe and well.
I do have a post about out trips though. We’re staying off property (Bonnet Creek) 8 of us. We have 2 AP holders, 3 people with tickets and 3 people for whom we have not purchased tickets yet. Is anyone in my boat? I have more reservations about this trip than I can list. Buying tickets, everyone may need to make their own park reservations, we arrive early on the 26th and with reduced capacity in the restaurants UGH! Cancelling is really not an option at this point for a few reasons. Just wondering what everyone is thinking?

I'm going to hang on right now. We are at Pop under a package with tickets included. I am pretty sure that as time goes on, things will change. If things are exactly how they say they are going to be when they open next month in November, we will cancel at 30 days out. As much as I love Disney, I cannot justify spending the amount of money I am on severely reduced experiences and masks. I can deal with no fireworks, parades, meet and greets, and even certain TS meals. What I cannot deal with is closed attractions. If everything isn't open in November, we won't go.

We are DVC and have points that will expire Nov 30 so unless Disney is closed we will go. We had a trip in July that we did cancel bc I did not want to spent the money on a reduced experience in the heat- I can deal with it in November and hoping more things are brought back by then.

Every year we arrive the Friday or Saturday after thanksgiving and stay for 2 weeks. We’re DVC and for this trip we have a split stay between Poly and BR booked with 10 day PH tix. Not sure what to do. I don’t wanna go if we have to wear a mask and make park reservations. I’m hoping by then things are more normal. If we don’t go it’ll be the first Black Friday in over 15 years where we aren’t on the road to WDW.

We have Thanksgiving week booked as well, Nov 20-28 at Beach Club. Not sure how any of this will actually end up happening. If parks are still at limited capacity, then no worries on usual Thanksgiving week crowds. I just hope to get into a park each day but who knows now.

Same boat, but at Wilderness Lodge, waiting now to reserve park days. Let’s see what happens

Finally got through to book park days and got everything we were looking for 🥰.

11/20 - HS
11/21 - MK
11/22 - Resort Day
11/23 - AK
11/24 - MK
11/25 - DS
11/26 - HS
11/27 - EP

Good luck to you all!

We have Thanksgiving week booked as well, Nov 20-28 at Beach Club. Not sure how any of this will actually end up happening. If parks are still at limited capacity, then no worries on usual Thanksgiving week crowds. I just hope to get into a park each day but who knows now.
We will be at BC that week as well 😄. Hope you are able to get everything you are looking for!

We will be at BC that week as well 😄. Hope you are able to get everything you are looking for!

I got a park for each day of Thanksgiving week!! Yippee!!! Now I just wait until the 60 day mark to make my dining reservations right? I am trying to figure out how to navigate this new system. So I don't have anything else to do until then right?

I am feeling so blessed and over excited for this week. Praying we get to keep this trip!!

I got a park for each day of Thanksgiving week!! Yippee!!! Now I just wait until the 60 day mark to make my dining reservations right? I am trying to figure out how to navigate this new system. So I don't have anything else to do until then right?

I am feeling so blessed and over excited for this week. Praying we get to keep this trip!!
Unless something changes again then I guess we are good to go for now 😁. Feels weird to not have anything to do with our trip for a couple of months.

We were originally going in July but decided to reschedule to November 22-29. So thanksgiving here we come! I never thought i would tackle a major holiday at WDW (after we experienced NYE).

We have DVC and our original trip was at the Poly but with everything already booked up there we are now at OKW in a 2BR. It is one resort that we have always wanted to stay at so we are looking forward to it!

With the stressful Park Reservations opening yesterday I managed to get park days for our entire stay and now i guess i sit back and watch how everything unfolds with the parks opening soon.

Third time's the charm right? We did our ADR's for our Thanksgiving week trip this morning. First time we made them, the trip was supposed to be in July but fell in the closure period, second time was when we originally moved our trip to November and the ADR window was still 180 days. Those were all cancelled by Disney when it went to the 60 day window, so hopefully they stick this time lol. We got everything we wanted... Oga's, Droid Build, Lightsaber Build, Sci Fi, Beaches and Cream, Thanksgiving at Liberty Tree, the Seasonal Dining at Hollywood and Vine (not really completely sold on this one though as I'm not a huge fan of this restaurant but really want the character dining aspect), Yak & Yeti, Via Napoli, and Chef Mickey's. Thought about doing Cinderella's Royal Table, but just couldn't justify the high price with the limited menu and no characters.

just found this thread! We will be there Nov 23-30. Back in January we originally booked for this weekend actually but moved it back due to wanting it to be cooler with having to wear masks. I cannot wait to get away! WE have a few days until we make ADR's but we were just talking this morning. DD really wants CRT but I think with the menu limitations and no characters we may try for a day at BOG instead (my fave!).
It's strange as normally I'm trying to work and plan a day with BBB and CRT so not having not sure seems different - and a fact I will have to get used to since DD is 12 and this would have been her last makeover. But looking on towards new adventures!

Made our Thanksgiving trip ADRs this morning too. I was a little worried about getting Plaza on Thanksgiving day, Jaleo, and Chef Mickey's for breakfast. I actually got everything I wanted at the time I wanted. Some days we are eating a TS meal outside the park, so we will just do a QS for lunch. I am little worried about dealing with the QS, but hopefully, if we plan early, it won't be too bad. We didn't have any problems in July, but July was mostly a ghost town.

I am little worried about dealing with the QS, but hopefully, if we plan early, it won't be too bad. We didn't have any problems in July, but July was mostly a ghost town.

We were concerned about the QS as well. We don't often book ADR's for every day of our trip, but specifically did this time mainly because we were concerned about long waits and capacity limits in the QS eating areas during a holiday week. We scheduled most of them for late afternoon and plan to just enjoy a snack for lunch.

Third time's the charm right? We did our ADR's for our Thanksgiving week trip this morning.

I noticed you are going Thanksgiving week and arriving 11/20 AND have already made your ADRs. We are arriving on the 21st. Does that mean I'll be able to make my reservations tomorrow? And it looks like you made them for the whole week. So I'm not going to have to log on each day? Thanks for any tips and guidance you can give!

I noticed you are going Thanksgiving week and arriving 11/20 AND have already made your ADRs. We are arriving on the 21st. Does that mean I'll be able to make my reservations tomorrow? And it looks like you made them for the whole week. So I'm not going to have to log on each day? Thanks for any tips and guidance you can give!

I believe that poster and I have the same dates 11/19 - 11/28. I made ADR's this morning and for the whole week. Your ADR date should be on Tuesday.

Rules are different for split stay though.

I am arriving on 11/20; however my 60 day booking window doesn’t open until tomorrow morning (9/21). Your dining 60 day window should open on Tuesday (9/22).
If you are staying on property you will be able to make dining reservations for the length of your stay (I believe up to 10 days) on Tuesday morning.

Posting in both threads.

ADR's done today! We got everything we wanted at the times we wanted:

Liberty Tree Tavern
Sanaa
The Wave
Topolino's Terrace
Mama Melrose
Homecomin'
Via Napoli
Teppan Edo
Hollywood Brown Derby
Trattoria al Forno
Beaches & Cream
Oga's
Droid Depot

Last edited:
We arrive the 24th...can't wait to make our ADR's, but without 'Ohana I'm lost lol! My "must have" list includes Chef Mickeys, Via Napoli or San Angel Inn (whichever I can get first), Homecomin' and then after that, who knows lol! We're there from the 24th through the 1st. I'm trying to add places we've never stayed before, and we'll be at MK on Thanksgiving (which is also our 21st anniversary!) and none of us want LTT lol. Maybe we'll do late dinners after the parks close, since they all close so early. Who knows. I hope everyone has great trips and enjoys their WDW holiday!'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!