Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

Looks like I'm back on the GTY-watch train (though at 199 days I'm sure I've got a while). Went with an 11C GTY on the Wonder for Presidents' Week for a couple hundred less than my originally selected (and changed and changed and changed) cabin. I figure I'm solo, I'm not planning on spending THAT much time in the cabin...might as well save the money (well, put it towards a WDW night prior to the cruise - currently booked off property for about the cost of a WDW Value, but with this difference I could justify a Mod or possibly even AKL, especially if any discounts come out) and let DCL decide since I was being indecisive. We'll see what happens!

1. Booked a 5E
2. Got a 5E #7688
3. Assigned 58 days out
4. Very Happy about the room.
5. NA
6. Sailing on the Dream
7. Assigned Tuesday 10/03/17
8. Assigned sometime between 10pm Mon and 1pm Tuesday
9. We are sailing December 1, 2017

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 10660
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? ~120 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Thrilled! Really wanted both Aft extended balcony and high floor.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Sunday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Early morning
9. What month is your cruise? February 2018

2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 7688
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? So excited! Really wanted 5E, and we got a corner room! Lots of squeals of delight!
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? between 9am and 11:30am CST
9. What month is your cruise? December 2017

2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 8186
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I would have preferred higher but I am not complaining at all. Super happy with our Aft balcony!!!!!
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? before noon

Booked 9D
Got 9D- 6500
about 35 days before
Not very happy. It is the lowest floor with this type - so the "ocean View" is really just a view of the bow of the ship- also Handicap so no split bathroom
NA
Dream
unknown
unknown
Oct 2017

Looks like I'm back on the GTY-watch train (though at 199 days I'm sure I've got a while). Went with an 11C GTY on the Wonder for Presidents' Week for a couple hundred less than my originally selected (and changed and changed and changed) cabin. I figure I'm solo, I'm not planning on spending THAT much time in the cabin...might as well save the money (well, put it towards a WDW night prior to the cruise - currently booked off property for about the cost of a WDW Value, but with this difference I could justify a Mod or possibly even AKL, especially if any discounts come out) and let DCL decide since I was being indecisive. We'll see what happens!
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has changed his stateroom a bunch of times. I must have changed our room at least a dozen times. Really tempted to book a higher category cabin but every time I do, I regret the extra money it'll cost and go back to the original room. I've also changed the location of our room looking to get as close to mid-ship as possible.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has changed his stateroom a bunch of times. I must have changed our room at least a dozen times. Really tempted to book a higher category cabin but every time I do, I regret the extra money it'll cost and go back to the original room. I've also changed the location of our room looking to get as close to mid-ship as possible.

Ha! I totally hear you! I actually just went back to an OV - but kinda splitting the difference and going Ng Deck 1 OV. I like being forward and just decided not to take the chance of being put way aft.

Ha! I totally hear you! I actually just went back to an OV - but kinda splitting the difference and going Ng Deck 1 OV. I like being forward and just decided not to take the chance of being put way aft.
I just changed our cabin for the June cruise on the Dream from ov to a deluxe oceanview room with verandah (5d). Then to offset the price increase I changed our room on the November cruise from an ov cabin to a standard inside cabin (11a). A little concerned about not having a split bathroom for the November cruise but the price difference helps. Still, I just might switch to a deluxe inside cabin to get the split bathroom.

I just changed our cabin for the June cruise on the Dream from ov to a deluxe oceanview room with verandah (5d). Then to offset the price increase I changed our room on the November cruise from an ov cabin to a standard inside cabin (11a). A little concerned about not having a split bathroom for the November cruise but the price difference helps. Still, I just might switch to a deluxe inside cabin to get the split bathroom.

I pondered the deluxe interior, but it was like maybe $30 less than a Deck 1 OV. I will eat $30 for natural light. Lol.

I cannot believe how quickly these cruises sell out with more than a year to go.
I pondered the deluxe interior, but it was like maybe $30 less than a Deck 1 OV. I will eat $30 for natural light. Lol.
How are the rooms on Deck 1? Pondering the same thing right now. Not sure about deck 1 though...

I cannot believe how quickly these cruises sell out with more than a year to go.

How are the rooms on Deck 1? Pondering the same thing right now. Not sure about deck 1 though...

I have never had one. I liked Deck 2, I figured I would try Deck 1 to see. I can report back after February break.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C
2. What category and room # did you get? 11C - 2019
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 54 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? While we love the midship location, we were hoping for an upgrade. We decided to upgrade our reservation to a Category 9D GTY. Once our room is assigned, I will post an update.
6. What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 9:00-10:00 am (CST)

1. Booked a 7A
2. Got a 5A, 10506
3. Assigned 54 days out
4. Very Happy!!!
5. NA
6. Fantasy
7. Tuesday
8. Before 11
9. We are sailing December 2017

Last edited:
Booked 9D
Got 9D- 6500
about 35 days before
Not very happy. It is the lowest floor with this type - so the "ocean View" is really just a view of the bow of the ship- also Handicap so no split bathroom
NA
Dream
unknown
unknown
Oct 2017

Decided I would not be happy in room 6500 so I upgraded to GTY 7A Navigators verandah
Got 4E room 5028
Happy has extended verandah. Would have preferred higher deck & mid or aft. But deck 5 forward is fine
Dream
Tuesday
before 8AM
Oct 27 2017

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 2 11C's
2. What category and room # did you get? 2017 on one other still in GTY
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 8 months
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes, happy about the one room, worried about the other one.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? One not assigned yet.
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure
9. What month is your cruise? May 2018

The 11C booked through DVC is still in GTY. The 11C on cash has been assigned. Having them near each other is more important than location. Unfortunately, I can't upgrade the DVC room as we used all of our points. wondering why one was assigned so far out. Never had one assigned and not the other before. Thoughts?

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 2 11C's
2. What category and room # did you get? 2017 on one other still in GTY
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 8 months
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes, happy about the one room, worried about the other one.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? One not assigned yet.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure
9. What month is your cruise? May 2018

The 11C booked through DVC is still in GTY. The 11C on cash has been assigned. Having them near each other is more important than location. Unfortunately, I can't upgrade the DVC room as we used all of our points. wondering why one was assigned so far out. Never had one assigned and not the other before. Thoughts?

No clue. Hopefully they can make it work, but if having rooms close together is of major importance, GTY or *GT is not really the way to go as there is no guarantee the cabins will be close together.

No clue. Hopefully they can make it work, but if having rooms close together is of major importance, GTY or *GT is not really the way to go as there is no guarantee the cabins will be close together.

Thanks. Didn't really have a choice this time-kids in college committed too late and we were using points on one cabin and just barely had enough for the 11C that was already in GTY. Even the phone agent found it odd that one cabin was already assigned this far out! Ah well, guess we will just have to keep our fingers crossed.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
2. What category and room # did you get? 9C - 2506
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 56 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Pretty ambivalent, as we got what we booked. I prefer forward to aft anyways and according to reviews, it seems like it's a fairly quiet cabin. It would have been far from my last choice if choosing my own stateroom in this category, so could have done worse too.
6. What ship are you sailing? Wonder
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 9 am & 9 pm PT

We had originally booked the same cruise a year out. About a month ago, when we noticed that pricing was actually cheaper if we went this year, we decided not to wait. The drawback was the only oceanview category available was 9C and that it was guaranteed status only. I prefer being on decks 5 thru 7, so I might see about upgrade options at the port, but I'm really not interested in paying much of a premium either. We're just really excited to be cruising a year earlier than originally planned.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A (Deluxe Oceanview with Navigator's Verandah)
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5C (Deluxe Oceanview with Verandah)
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 35
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? It's great! This is our first cruise, so we really don't know what to expect. We were totally fine with a Navigator's Verandah but also happy with a regular verandah. Honestly, as Corey always says on the Podcast, we're just happy to be here. :) Deck 6 seems like a nice location, and being near the after stairs and elevator seems convenient for dining, kids clubs, and one theater. We'll see how we like it!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Disney Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 5:00ish PM EST on Wednesday and 4:30ish PM EST on Thursday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!