***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

How much of that is the CM's report and how much is Tom's opinion on what the land should be? Seems like it was a good review that Tom made negative. Transition between two buildings not themed enough? Really? Hard not to have fun on the ride then Tom adds in that they might not because standing in the heat? Based off the actual items, I think Disney is getting what they want out of it. A fun area for kids with two rides they should love in a park that is sorely missing just that.

And he really wants to compare Pandora to TSL? SW:GE is the centerpiece of the DHS expansion and is the only logical comparison to Pandora. TSL was never suppose to be the attendance driver that those two land were suppose to be. TSL is there because without it, there would be absolutely nothing kid themed in the park.

How much of that is the CM's report and how much is Tom's opinion on what the land should be? Seems like it was a good review that Tom made negative. Transition between two buildings not themed enough? Really? Hard not to have fun on the ride then Tom adds in that they might not because standing in the heat? Based off the actual items, I think Disney is getting what they want out of it. A fun area for kids with two rides they should love in a park that is sorely missing just that.

And he really wants to compare Pandora to TSL? SW:GE is the centerpiece of the DHS expansion and is the only logical comparison to Pandora. TSL was never suppose to be the attendance driver that those two land were suppose to be. TSL is there because without it, there would be absolutely nothing kid themed in the park.
I will say that I am surprised that so much of the Slinky queue is out in the elements in a place like Florida where rain and heat is so common.

My kids will love this! No, don't get too excited, it's just a kiddie coaster and copy of a ride at another park. But it's -- Toy Story! And looks fun to swirl around with the Aliens and slink thru some quick turns and short hills with Slinky Dog! No really, it's not that cool. If someone says they like it they're probably just advertising for Disney.

ROFL. This is the same conversation from the Mine Train all over again.

Exactly! According to DIS, Mine Train was going to be a complete disappointment and the new ride hype would die quickly. 4 years later people are paying extra just to ride it over and over.

Pandora was suppose to be the land no one cared about or wanted also.

LOL still won't admit that he was wrong on both of these.

Exactly! According to DIS, Mine Train was going to be a complete disappointment and the new ride hype would die quickly. 4 years later people are paying extra just to ride it over and over.

Pandora was suppose to be the land no one cared about or wanted also.

LOL still won't admit that he was wrong on both of these.
I for one pretty much backed Pandora from the beginning. I think many felt it would be a success because nobody cared for the movie much. It is incredibly well done though.

Mine Train is fun but it could have been much more and really should have been.

I refuse to buy into this negativity. I think HS is underrated and unloved and I am very excited to see something NEW there. My family is very excited about TSL. I don't give a hoot about "reviews."
I know. That isn't a review it's just Disney-bashing. Every paragraph is laced with negativity. One paragraph he'll gloss over two much-needed kid rides at HS as "two fun rides" then spend the rest of the words dashing the land as barren, lightly-themed, regression, budget-conscious, slam management, then ding them again for having shops. (why a dig on management in a review of the land??)

You really have to pretend you're 6-9 years old and rethink what this land is meant for and who it will inspire. YOUR KIDS. He didn't once say... kids will love the... or [..] will really appeal to the child in you.

Then he discusses how the budget was cut tremendously. Alleging hypothetical budgets has nothing to do with experiencing the land. Let's add in disappointing, sparse (again), lackluster, and then turning cool posts of game pieces into an attempted pun of apologizing for the land... Wow.

He didn't say the Slinky ride was tremendously fun and leave it at that, he said "it'd be hard to not enjoy"... even saying something positive he says in a double negative as if people are expecting to not enjoy it. ROFL.

I would not call this a review, I'd call it... "Help -- I grew up and lost my imagination".
Cant wait to go... few more days!

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything about when we might be updated on the Toy Story Land annual passholder events in September? I'm guessing we should hear something soon since it's about to be July and that is 2 months out.

I'm planning to go in September no matter what, but I'm holding off on picking dates until I know more.

Oh boy!!! I specifically made our SDD FP to fall after sunset, hoping it would be neato at night, and it sure looks like it will be! Also because I really do not wish to bake under the July FL sun on this thing, lol!

Ride looks great at night. I think I will actually go to the hollywood studios 10-12:30 extra magic hours now lol

I had no reason before
Same here. I originally hadn't planned to go at night, but now I definitely will.

I'm not a huge fan of this land but I can't deny those night videos have me intrigued.

Has anyone heard anything about when we might be updated on the Toy Story Land annual passholder events in September? I'm guessing we should hear something soon since it's about to be July and that is 2 months out.

I'm planning to go in September no matter what, but I'm holding off on picking dates until I know more.

No one knows, but this is the thread to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!