Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

I'll start officially training on August 7th. Right now I'm sticking to 2-3 miles 3x per week to maintain my endurance and pace. I run with my dog (black lab), and with it being the summertime, I don't want to overheat him.

Anybody officially training yet or is it a bit early for that?
I'm still in summer maintenance mode (summer is the off-season for racing in FL), but I'll start doing Dopey training back-to-backs next month, so I guess that'll be my "official" start.

Since I didn't make it to the party last year, does anyone remember what the earliest you could get in (without a park ticket), and then what were the official times for the party?
I believe the official start time was 10pm, but you could enter on a W&D ticket at 8pm. I can't remember when it ended - 2am maybe?

I've seen "legacy status" mentioned in other threads for other rD races...is that even a thing for the W&D Challenge?
It's a big unknown right now - there have been rumors for a while that rD won't be honoring any challenge legacies other than Goofy and Dopey, but I don't think there's been any official word.

So I'll be on vacation during the wine and dine weekend and decided to do the two race challenge. This will be my first runDisney event and was wondering if you can link your vacation memory maker for race photos.

Tried to book the ROL package for 10/31 at Tiffins and it was all booked. :scared: I'll keep checking though.

I just checked Tiffins on 10/31 and searched for times around 4pm and quite a few popped up for 2 and 4 people. I'd check again!

So I'll be on vacation during the wine and dine weekend and decided to do the two race challenge. This will be my first runDisney event and was wondering if you can link your vacation memory maker for race photos.

They're all PhotoPass photos and will automatically show up in your PhotoPass account - so you'll get them, no special linking required!

I've never been a runner so deciding to do this race was the jump I need to get my fitness up and weight down. I'm doing the 10k and I'm up to about 5 miles now at a 12:30 pace. Hoping to improve a ton before november. I run 1-2 times per week anywhere from 3.5-4 miles. I've also been doing strength training 2x per week.

Way to go! Sounds like you're doing pretty well to me! I don't consider myself a runner either. I'm pretty slow :snail: but I'm OK with that. :)

First year doing this event so don't know any logistics or anything like that. Not sure from what I've heard that it's worth another nights stay but guess it depends on where you're staying. As far as Legacy, I'm sure peopled would consider that in play for W&D but it's sounds like that's not really a major factor you? Good luck with the decision making. It's always tough.

I believe the official start time was 10pm, but you could enter on a W&D ticket at 8pm. I can't remember when it ended - 2am maybe?

It's a big unknown right now - there have been rumors for a while that rD won't be honoring any challenge legacies other than Goofy and Dopey, but I don't think there's been any official word.

Thank you both! I'm impatiently waiting to find out if I'll be able to attend a work conference in Orlando in Oct. or Nov. If I get to attend the October one & DH gets to come with me, then I'll lean towards skipping the party. We aren't exactly night owls anymore, and we'd likely stay off property for the race.

A bit of a bummer that rD might not be honoring legacy, but I can imagine that they'd want to limit it to Goofy & Dopey.

ROL dining packages are up for a October. Don't think they were earlier this week. Maybe November will pop soon.

Also this thread was quiet so thought I'd post something. Anybody officially training yet or is it a bit early for that?

Started two weeks ago. Coming back from a obnoxious IT Band issue, that cropped up after last years Wine and Dine 1/2. Finally feeling good again and getting back to my 5k times. Running the 10K and 1/2 this year, so need to get back into things. Really hoping to finally break 2 hours in the 1/2. Cant wait, even though its just over 4 months.

There will be instructions on how to link them on the back of the race bibs and in the race program. Basically there's a code that you add to your account that has your bib number in it, similar to when PhotoPass photographers give you a card with the 16-digit code. It's pretty easy.

I'm in week two of a half training plan for a race I'm taking seriously in September, although these first couple weeks are more just for easing back into it before the hard stuff really starts. And then I'm hoping my fitness after that race and another big one 10/15 just carries me through to what may be my slowest race of record during W&D weekend. So a sight-seeing, touristy run. Unless I get weirdly competitive with myself for no reason that day or I see @Keels on a bike and try to chase her down.
I will stop 15 minutes for some chipmunks is all I'm saying.

For DATW I prefer an 80/20 method. Spend 80% of the time casually sipping my beverages and then realize everyone is ready for the next booth and then spend 20% of the time chugging down whatever I have to finish it. Also use this method for food items at F&W booths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter