Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

I know some people didn't get their party tickets in time last year, but were able to get one at the expo. Maybe they send them out late to kill any reselling to far in advance, I don't know??

The weird thing is that the ticket I bought for my mom last month came in about a week after purchase! Wife and I are doing the challenge and mom is doing the 10k. So they must send them out right away when you purchase them separately.
Yup. This was the same way last year. :thumbsup2

Got in trouble in the dogs at hotels thread so better get back over here to the running stuff.

Couple posts up someone said you can get a replacement at the expo. Might have to go that route since I've moved since I registered.
Yeah... you kinda' want to say at first "how can someone get in trouble on a dogs at hotels thread", but this is DIS... anything can become controversial and surprisingly nasty. rD and Rumors boards seem a bit safer, generally... :)

Just saw the park filming schedule I feel a huge weight off my shoulder as they aren't at the parks I'll be at Fri-Sun

(Studios Friday, DAK Saturday and Magic Sunday-Tuesday in case people didn't want to flip over to that thread)

Welp, my MK day will be impacted for sure. Wonder how it will impact HEA as that's the only day I'll be able to see it. Oh well, there's always next year! LOL!

So I realized I never really planned out my trip after I got my FOP FP. Looks like no Magic Kingdom for us so we can avoid that nonsense

So I realized I never really planned out my trip after I got my FOP FP. Looks like no Magic Kingdom for us so we can avoid that nonsense

I'm going Saturday and that may be the only day/night I step foot in MK this trip, so I'm with you.

I think we are only impacted by Friday evening at the studios because we have a fantasmic dinner package. But since our only aim was to eat dinner and watch the show with the included FP I think we will be ok.
I am kinda excited that it may mean we get to see the special light projection things planned for the holidays in that park. knowing it won't be the same as the osbourne lights, could be cool to be there first for the new stuff. We shall see.

I'm going Saturday and that may be the only day/night I step foot in MK this trip, so I'm with you.

Saturday - we're doing Hollywood Studios in the Morning - then Parisian Afternoon in EPCOT (unlimited mimosas!!!!).

~~

Here are our plans (which were determined this morning in about 15 minutes for everything outside the races, Flight of Passage FP+ and the Parisian Afternoon).

November 2nd, 2017
10:00AM - Leave Work
2:00PM - Arrive @ Wine & Dine Expo
4:00PM - Arrive @ Boardwalk Villas
6:00PM - Dinner at Paddlefish

November 3rd, 2017
Animal Kingdom: 9AM - 8PM
9:05AM - Avatar Flight of Passage FP+
10:10AM - Kilimanjaro Safaris FP+
11:15AM - Expedition Everest FP+
12:00PM - Tiffins Lunch
5:15PM - Il Mulino Dinner

Saturday, November 4th, 2017
Hollywood Studios - 9AM to 8PM
EPCOT - 9AM to 10PM
3:00AM - Wake Up
3:30AM - Buses to Start Line
5:30AM - 10K Starts
8:00AM - Back to Hotel Post 10K
9:15AM - Star Tours FP+
10:15AM - Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster FP+
...switch to EPCOT
1:30PM - The Parisian Afternoon
5:15PM - Flying Fish Dinner

November 5th, 2017
EPCOT 9AM - 9PM
3:00AM - Wake Up
3:30AM - Buses to Start Line
5:30AM - Half Marathon Starts
8:30AM - Return from Half Marathon
...switch hotel room between Boardwalk & Pool View if waitlist doesn't come through (I know its a low chance of happening but a girl can hope!)
11:15AM - Le Cellier Steakhouse
12:05PM - Soarin’ FP+
1:30PM - Champagne Seminar
2:00PM - Spaceship Earth FP+
3:15PM - Living with the Land FP+
6:00PM - Tokyo Dining
7:00PM - Wine & Dine Meet Up?
9:00PM - Dis_Yoda steals husband's after party ticket?

November 6th, 2017
Go Home :(

Based on your username, I'm totally shocked that you are Tall :)

And @Dis_Yoda my favorite part of you schedule is stealing your husband's party ticket! We will be at the expo similar time so if I spot you I will come say howdy.

He didn't use his last year as he called it a night after dinner. No need in me purchasing one for myself if I know he likes to be in bed by 10PM! Granted - I may only make it until 10:30/11PM. It was different when it was a night race - I had no problem purchasing one then for myself.

Random questions...Daylight savings time ends at 2:00am on Sunday November 5th. Does that mean 1:00-2:00 will repeat? If I set my phone alarm for 2:00am when will it go off? Can I assume the 3:00am bus for the half will be at the "new" time? When will our phones make the switch in time? Am I overthinking this?

We don’t have a set plan outside the 10k, our FP+ , Saturday BOG lunch, and seeing Thor at Disney Springs

Random questions...Daylight savings time ends at 2:00am on Sunday November 5th. Does that mean 1:00-2:00 will repeat? If I set my phone alarm for 2:00am when will it go off? Can I assume the 3:00am bus for the half will be at the "new" time? When will our phones make the switch in time? Am I overthinking this?

Good questions. Yes we repeat 1:00 to 2:00. So 2:00 the clocks reset to 1:00 assuming your device resets automatically. I can't answer the alarm part but maybe set it for like 2:05 to be sure that you don't have any issues. The time change won't affect the bus schedule. If it's scheduled for the 3 am it should show up at 3 am. That may sound snarky but it's not meant to be. I guess another option would be to bring a manual alarm clock as a backup and set it back before you go to bed.

Anyone not going to the after-party that wants to sell your tickets? I’d rather my friends give money to runners rather than RunDisney. Let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter