Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

So upset tonight. So I had four of us registered for Wine and Dine under the same account. I confirmed back when we were told to select virutal for all four of us, but somehow tonight, one (mine) was cancelled!!! I am literally about to cry. They better be able to do something about it on Monday. This makes no sense how only one was canceled and the rest show fine. UGH!!!!

Last edited:
So upset tonight. So I had four of us registered for Wine and Dine under the same account. I confirmed back when we were told to for all four of us, but somehow tonight, one was cancelled. I am literally about to cry. They better be able to do something about it on Monday. This makes no sense how only one was canceled and the rest show fine. UGH!!!!
They are still processing cancellations. They might not have gotten to the other three yet.
One of my runDisney friends got their 5k notice Friday and just got their Challenge notice today.

So upset tonight. So I had four of us registered for Wine and Dine under the same account. I confirmed back when we were told to for all four of us, but somehow tonight, one was cancelled. I am literally about to cry. They better be able to do something about it on Monday. This makes no sense how only one was canceled and the rest show fine. UGH!!!!
I'm confused. What are you trying to say? Were you all originally signed up for for an actual W&D race and then transferred your registrations to the virtual? Did you receive confirmation for all four changes weeks ago? Was there any "ex parte" communication with runDisney or did everything go through you? Were one of you just cancelled today? Are the other three still confirmed? Did you save a screen shot or print the page where you elected to transfer to the virtual? If so, then I think it should be pretty easy to reinstate the fourth person. Things are still in flux so it should all work out in the end.

Last edited:
They are still processing cancellations. They might not have gotten to the other three yet.
One of my runDisney friends got their 5k notice Friday and just got their Challenge notice today.

Yes, but I didn't cancel. I selected run virtually! I really hope they don't cancel the other three as well.

I'm confused. What are you trying to say? Were you all originally signed up for for an actual W&D race and then transferred your registrations to the virtual? Did you receive confirmation for all four changes weeks ago? Was there any "ex parte" communication with runDisney or did everything go through you? Were one of you just cancelled today? Are the other three still confirmed? Did you save a screen shot or print the page where you elected to transfer to the virtual? If so, then I think it should be pretty easy to reinstate the fourth person. Things are still in flux so it should all work out in the end.

All four signed up in person. All four selected to change to virtual. Just ME getting a cancellation email tonight. I only have the original emails, I did not (sadly) screen shot the page after I clicked to stay virtual. Here's hoping they can help me Monday. Thanks! Trying to stay positive.

Sorry, I was so upset I realized my original wording wasn't quite accurate and I can see where you could infer I wanted to cancel!! Edited to fix because I DEFINITELY did not want to cancel mine!

FYI for folks still going down to Disney for the W&D weekend and staying on property. There is a new AP discount, as well as discounts for people living in many Southeast states. We have a reservation for Thursday through Tuesday. Our current Pop rate totals just shy of $1,000 and the new AP discount brings it down to a bit over $800 (both before $75 parking charges).

Even with the AP discount, Pop is a 55% premium over the Spring Hill Suites at Flamingo Crossing where we have stayed several times (and also have a reservation for the same weekend). I don't get it, especially with no early fast pass reservations, no extra magic hours and no free breakfast. We will stay at the Spring Hill Suites this trip and maybe Pop for Marathon Weekend if it happens.

Last edited:
FYI for folks still going down to Disney for the W&D weekend and staying on property. There is a new AP discount, as well as discounts for people living in many Southeast states. We have a reservation for Thursday through Tuesday. Our current Pop rate totals just shy of $1,000 and the new AP discount brings it down to a bit over $800 (both before $65 parking charges).

Even with the AP discount, Pop is a 55% premium over the Spring Hill Suites at Flamingo Crossing where we have stayed several times (and also have a reservation for the same weekend). I don't get it, especially with no early fast pass reservations, no extra magic hours and no free breakfast. We will stay at the Spring Hill Suites this trip and maybe Pop for Marathon Weekend if it happens.

Thanks! I saw that this morning and am just waiting for my TA to get back to me on whether they can get the discount applied. I think it was around 35% off CBR, which is where they moved me to after reopening.

FYI my refund showed up on my card this morning. (We refunded one and kept one cause we'll run 13.1 at home and wanted a medal to remember it by. May not have been down at Disney but sentimentality to the year that is 2020 haha)

I got my refund as well. Since I paid with a gift card they sent me a new gift card actually via email. Still waiting on my 5k refund. The charity said I will get a check in the mail.

Sadly after a lot of consideration my BFF and I just agreed to cancel our trip. We’re both signed up for Dopey so we’ll put our money to that trip and cross our fingers the race gods smile down on us...

I registered through a TA and cancelled my races but not my resort reservation when they gave us our options. I just found out when applying the new discount to my resort reservation that they applied my refund to the reservation balance rather than returning it. Just wanted to pass that along in case anyone else was in a similar situation.

Today was my 60 days for ADR no cantina Availability on my Studios day & nothing for dinner resort wide on Saturday the 7th 🤷🏻‍♀️

Today was my 60 days for ADR no cantina Availability on my Studios day & nothing for dinner resort wide on Saturday the 7th 🤷🏻‍♀️
That wasn’t the case for me at all. I booked Sanaa on Saturday about an hour ago in addition to Oga’s on Sunday + Brown Derby.

That wasn’t the case for me at all. I booked Sanaa on Saturday about an hour ago in addition to Oga’s on Sunday + Brown Derby.
The only thing Friday at Studios was prime time, mama Melrose and brown derby.... will play around later

So upset tonight. So I had four of us registered for Wine and Dine under the same account. I confirmed back when we were told to select virutal for all four of us, but somehow tonight, one (mine) was cancelled!!! I am literally about to cry. They better be able to do something about it on Monday. This makes no sense how only one was canceled and the rest show fine. UGH!!!!
@MATTERHORN ..... were you able to get everything straightened out?

@MATTERHORN ..... were you able to get everything straightened out?

Yes, finally last week! So the day after they canceled mine, they canceled my daughter's challenge! I was seriously about to cry. On Monday, they were able to re-issue a link for my daughter's, but were having some kind of issue with mine. It took a few phone calls and some call backs, but they were able to figure it out and send me a link to re-register!!! Meant to come update, thanks for asking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter