Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

I have no experience with the runDisney 1 miler but, if your niece is an athlete and your sister is not too sure about the half, may I suggest running the 10k as a family? If you run the half too, that would make the Challenge!
DD12 and I ran both the 5k and the 10k during Marathon Weekend.
Also to keep in mind, the WinenDine Half remains my favourite course at WDW so far. And it comes with the After-party ticket.

I'm not sure the 10K or Challenge is possible. I don't think she can take Friday off from work (her school district doesn't allow teachers to extend a long weekend :mad:) which means we'd be getting to Disney after the Expo closes with no way to pick up bibs for a Saturday morning event.

I even suggested we might bring my niece for the kids one-mile race. She'll be almost 12 and is a pretty serious athlete. Does anyone have experience with the kids 1-miler specifically? Thoughts on whether it's worthwhile?

My daughter (5) did it this past January. Anything in particular you're interested in to help decide whether it's worthwhile? At marathon weekend, it took place at 1pm on Saturday with a three wave staggered start (the last of which started around 1:08pm). The course was mostly grass at ESPN WWOS. They had one water stop about half-way through and the course finished on the track. There was only one character at the very end of the race really just giving out high-fives right before the finish line. Parents were able to run with the child. The race has been untimed the last two years. However, these were the results from 2018 to give you a general idea of the pace ranges of the kids involved (sub-7 to 24 min).

https://www.trackshackresults.com/disneysports/results/wdw/wdw18/Full Results Kids Sat.pdf

The dates for the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic were announced...Nov 6th & 7th!

Whose gonna party before the races with us?

I gotta admit, I don't usually pay attention to the Swolphin F&W ... does it usually overlap with Epcot Food and Wine?

How much more chaotic do we think it’s going to be for getting 10k bibs now (already jersey week, villains theme and an anniversary year)

Eh, I don't think the Food & Wine Classic attendees will really be going for the 10K if they weren't already among the people that were planning on the race weekend.

My daughter (5) did it this past January. Anything in particular you're interested in to help decide whether it's worthwhile? At marathon weekend, it took place at 1pm on Saturday with a three wave staggered start (the last of which started around 1:08pm). The course was mostly grass at ESPN WWOS. They had one water stop about half-way through and the course finished on the track. There was only one character at the very end of the race really just giving out high-fives right before the finish line. Parents were able to run with the child. The race has been untimed the last two years. However, these were the results from 2018 to give you a general idea of the pace ranges of the kids involved (sub-7 to 24 min).

https://www.trackshackresults.com/disneysports/results/wdw/wdw18/Full Results Kids Sat.pdf

Thanks. This is helpful. Do you know how early the kids have to check in? I'm trying to figure out if we can do something else in the morning and have a little time to enjoy the expo before doing this. I'm sure she'd like the medal and it doesn't seem like a completely insane amount of kids.

Thanks. This is helpful. Do you know how early the kids have to check in? I'm trying to figure out if we can do something else in the morning and have a little time to enjoy the expo before doing this. I'm sure she'd like the medal and it doesn't seem like a completely insane amount of kids.

You just have to pick-up your bib at the expo which probably opens around 9:30am. I've never done Kid's races bib pick-up the day of, but I'd imagine it wouldn't much of an issue. Other than that, you just line up for your race when the time comes. We spectated the marathon weekend HM, then went back to the hotel, and then we had lunch reservations at Sanaa at like 11:30am. Got on the expo bus from AKL at like 12:45pm. And lined up with the 3rd (and last) wave at like 1:06pm. We cut it very close, but there wasn't any checking in or anything beside just wearing the bib in the four times we've done Kid's races.

They did recently move to a single Kids race day. So more kids in each single event since it's not spread over multiple days. So I'd estimate there were probably 100+ kids and adults in the 3rd wave. I didn't see the first or second wave since we arrived late, but I'd venture to guess they were probably similar.

Does anyone happen to remember how much the registration fees are? Just trying to make sure I know what to expect, and I don't recall from the last time I registered.

I know a 6.6% registration fee gets added. Anything else? I'm guessing tax.

You just have to pick-up your bib at the expo which probably opens around 9:30am. I've never done Kid's races bib pick-up the day of, but I'd imagine it wouldn't much of an issue. Other than that, you just line up for your race when the time comes. We spectated the marathon weekend HM, then went back to the hotel, and then we had lunch reservations at Sanaa at like 11:30am. Got on the expo bus from AKL at like 12:45pm. And lined up with the 3rd (and last) wave at like 1:06pm. We cut it very close, but there wasn't any checking in or anything beside just wearing the bib in the four times we've done Kid's races.

They did recently move to a single Kids race day. So more kids in each single event since it's not spread over multiple days. So I'd estimate there were probably 100+ kids and adults in the 3rd wave. I didn't see the first or second wave since we arrived late, but I'd venture to guess they were probably similar.

We did the dash, not the mile, but I can fill in the gap for race day kids bib pick up based on our experience.
We spent more time getting to bib pickup than it took to get the bibs. Once the bus dropped us off, we walked back to the last building, kids and DH stayed outside, I walked in and got the kids bibs and mine in about 10 minutes. You could do the rest of the expo after the kids mile if you are looking to wander and see things and want to do something else in the AM..

Does anyone happen to remember how much the registration fees are? Just trying to make sure I know what to expect, and I don't recall from the last time I registered.

I know a 6.6% registration fee gets added. Anything else? I'm guessing tax.
The registration fees for all the races are on the runDisney website.

The registration fees for all the races are on the runDisney website.

Yes, I'm probably using the wrong terminology here, sorry about that. I know the race registration cost. There's also the 6.6% platform service fee. Any other fees or taxes above and beyond the registration fee?

I went thru my past W&D email folders to pull cost by year. Granted some of these have varying amounts of pin bundles (P) added and some are challenge (C), but here is my list. I must have deleted the 2011 receipt, sorry for the lack of completeness...

2010 - $166.96 (P)
2011 -
2012 - $211.06 (P)
2013 - $186.85
2014 - $181.55
2015 - $236.90 (P)
2016 - $400.94 (P)(C)
2017 - $428.89 (P)(C)
2018 - $369.77 (P)(C)
2019 - $419.17 (P)(C)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!