Official Wine & Dine 2018

For now haha! I am determined to cross the finish lines. The 5k I'm not worried about really, it's more the 10k that seems daunting. I am in Philly where we have been having just lovely weather, so I am more behind on my training than I'd like to be...but I am hopeful and excited!

I am in Ocean City, MD... so our weather hasn't been much better. Another 5-8 inches of snow in the forecast for tomorrow!! Ugh!!!

Got DH and I registered for both the 5k and 10k. Got right in at 10 MT. I wasn’t super nervous even though I had to do both of us since DH is in meetings that couldn’t be moved and the start time is in the middle of the get out the door to preschool hustle. I just used two separate browsers and did them at the same time. I knew our races would go first, I just wasn’t expecting them to go that fast. Glad I didn’t wait...

5K and 10K just sold out - hope everyone got what they were looking for! If you're still looking to run either of these races, check with TAs and charities as several still have some inventory!

WOW! I knew they had a history of selling out but that was so quick!! I am now even happier I didn't procrastinate. I hope everyone got to register for their desired races!

Spectator question: Where should family go to try and watch us on the half course? Seems like the MK parking lot is an OK option, possibly AK parking lot (if they are there early), then YC/BC area, and finally the finish. But it seems like going between any of those and the finish would be difficult if not impossible?

Does anyone know- can you only purchase the commemorative items during registration (or at the expo, of course)? I'm registering through a TA so was just wondering how that works....

Does anyone know- can you only purchase the commemorative items during registration (or at the expo, of course)? I'm registering through a TA so was just wondering how that works....

If you want to pre-order commemorative items, you should be able to do that on active.com after you register with the pre-paid active link your TA will send you. I was able to pre-order the shoe ornament bundle for 2018 Princess on active, and I secured my bid through a TA.

Historically does the challenge sell out before the half?
Usually, yes.

Spectator question: Where should family go to try and watch us on the half course? Seems like the MK parking lot is an OK option, possibly AK parking lot (if they are there early), then YC/BC area, and finally the finish. But it seems like going between any of those and the finish would be difficult if not impossible?
I think it would be quite difficult because of the road closures. YC/BC is a great place to be as a spectator, so that would be my recommendation, but it's either there OR the finish: no way to do both. AK isn't a bad spot, either, but I think may require a car to get there that early.

I think it would be quite difficult because of the road closures. YC/BC is a great place to be as a spectator, so that would be my recommendation, but it's either there OR the finish: no way to do both. AK isn't a bad spot, either, but I think may require a car to get there that early.

If I want my family to watch me at the finish line, when would they need to arrive? I've never had someone watch me before!

If I want my family to watch me at the finish line, when would they need to arrive? I've never had someone watch me before!
I don't really know - I've never done that myself. I think you'll need to first calculate your approximate finish time and then see what time race buses start/stop running, which will be in the race guide put out a month out from race weekend.

I don't really know - I've never done that myself. I think you'll need to first calculate your approximate finish time and then see what time race buses start/stop running, which will be in the race guide put out a month out from race weekend.

Ohh got it, thanks! I didn't realize they could take buses...but that makes sense :)

Now that I'm in and thinking about it, does anyone have, or know where I could find, the course map from last year? Skipping last year I didn't really pay attention and now I'm curious what the latest course was. Thanks!

Just registered for the half! It may be back in the thread, but is there a theme this year? I know in the past it had been like beauty and the beast or ratatouille. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter