***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

Thanks for posting the pic Rusty! I have been meaning too but you beat me to it. It was great meeting you all. I had a blast other than it was a lot harder walking the parks at almost 53 than it was at 33. I can do what I did when I was a younger man it just takes me a while longer.

Thinking of planning a trip to Discovery Cove and Sea World for next year, a surprise for the wife and daughter. Will have to see how it all works out after our cruise in April. This thread was great and it was a blast to hear about everyone's planning and trip.

Thanks for posting the pic Rusty! I have been meaning too but you beat me to it. It was great meeting you all. I had a blast other than it was a lot harder walking the parks at almost 53 than it was at 33. I can do what I did when I was a younger man it just takes me a while longer.

Ah yes, I fondly remember 53. I turned 55 in the spring. I took a muscle relaxer every night before going to bed during our trip. :rotfl2: I kept track with my tracker app. We walked around 30 miles during our 4-1/2 day trip. My back was pretty upset with me. :crutches: :laughing:

Hey, you bought the memory maker package, @ChiefM . You should post the pic of the 3 of us holding up that picture frame they gave us. I really liked that one.

Ah yes, I fondly remember 53. I turned 55 in the spring. I took a muscle relaxer every night before going to bed during our trip. :rotfl2: I kept track with my tracker app. We walked around 30 miles during our 4-1/2 day trip. My back was pretty upset with me. :crutches: :laughing:

Hey, you bought the memory maker package, @ChiefM . You should post the pic of the 3 of us holding up that picture frame they gave us. I really liked that one.
Disregard.

Last edited:

Ok, here's the photo you've been waiting for with baited breath for! Left to right: @brnrss34 , @Daniela Rose , and myself. This was taken at the Star Wars dessert party tonight. I didn't get to say anything, but it was nice to meet both you and your families! And Daniela, thanks for the FPs!

View attachment 272138

Here we go. @brnrss34 sent this one to me so I can post it. This is one of my favorites.

View attachment 275764

Okay, one last picture from me. It's when @brnrss34 (right), @ChiefM (middle), and I all met at AK. It was a pleasure meeting both you and your families!

View attachment 275253

Love the photos!! So glad you guys got to meet :) :) :)

View attachment 274066

Just thought I would share what I did with my pins from this trip with my September crew! I pin traded to get a majority of these. I probably purchased about 25 or so.

Love it!! My 5yo got into pin trading this trip... and we did the same board for his! He loves Pluto so that's who he always traded for!

Aww those pics are priceless. That's so cute you guys did a pin trading board and what a good way to display the memories :)

I've been back two days, been sorting through pictures and unpacking. I forgot to ride the E.T ride at Universal but I'm so annoyed at myself for not getting my Rapunzel lantern shot...I cannot believe I forgot to go and get that. :guilty:
We rode E.T. I believe twice during our trip. My husband turned to me the second time and said "You know we're only doing this because you want to" :rotfl2::rotfl2:.

When I first booked it said the average temps for September were lower 80's. I think the extremely hot days were a fluke and not necessarily from Irma, but it is Florida. Even the CM's were saying it has never been that hot so late in the season. Our next trip will be a little later so it's not hot and they have Christmas decorations. EPCOT was our last day and it was OK but we were all exhausted by then. My 20 month old loved the kitchen drummers, he waved at them the whole time they were playing. One of them gave him a set of drum sticks! The wife liked that I got the Disney Dining plan and the family loved the Mickey Waffles! I realize a few planning mistakes I made this time so it's a lesson learned for next trip.

The current path of Nate has it going right over my house, but it's not going to be that bad when it arrives.
When we went in 2011 September was hot hot hot. General consensus is September is a hot month. Keep in mind humidity is a beast. Average of lower 80s could feel like mid 90s easily (the "feels like" is what gets ya). Add in a theme park, sun, walking and standing, etc Yeah it can be hard no doubt. I know that it surprises many-a-guests though at WDW who just didn't anticipate it feeling like it did when they were there.

When we were there (during Irma) a few days felt like upper 90s-105ish roughly at least according to my Weatherbug app I have on my phone.

I hope your next trip is a good one though :D:D:D:D:D

I'm soooo sorry I've been absent on the thread. I've been wrangling with getting photos off my phone for my trip report, going through the Disney/Universal blues, went to Vegas and just got back around 2:30am this morning (went to sleep at 3am). On a plus side my husband got a USB drive (a special kind that I don't remember the name lol) from a vendor (we were in Vegas as a main reason for an Air Cooled Condenser conference that was extended into a vacation) that works like a charm to get photos off my phone so I should be able to start my trip report here real soon :)

Hello All!!
We got a really cute Dumbo print in the mail with family 2017 vacation at the bottom. My wife finally admitted that she had a good time and wouldn't mind going again, we just won't do 5 day straight park days. She could handle 2 days at MK. I told her that Disney will have free dining offers next year and she said that was a plus. Planting the seed early !!!

While we were there my wife bought herself a Mickey and Minnie salt and pepper set. We also bought the mom in-law a coffee mug and they were sitting on the counter next to each other. When the mom in-law was leaving my wife told her don't forget your coffee mug. She also grabbed the salt and pepper set I guess thinking they were hers too. My wife didn't have the heart to tell her they we ours.

We also received the darling personalized Dumbo print in yesterday's mail. Disney truly follows through with their public relations all the way to the end. Little things do matter. It's impressive!

I got one too, I thought it may have been for my DVC purchase, but guess not. Thats the first time I got one. I'm still working on my mom to see if I can get her to go. I had her watch some things from the Chew last week. I may have peaked her intrest, but first to send her, my dad, my brother and his husband to Hawaii, then I'll work on my next Disneyworld trip. Going back in April and already planning on getting 25 more points.

We rode E.T. I believe twice during our trip. My husband turned to me the second time and said "You know we're only doing this because you want to" :rotfl2::rotfl2:.

I think I only rode it once when I was last in Orlando but I liked pretending I was on a flying bike :rotfl2:

I miss Disney World planning...looking at going to Disney Paris for a special event they have in June, they said they will give info on packages soon.....they do know there's only 227 days till the event?! :rotfl2:I had a look on the DLP board here and no posts on it either. Maybe in the UK threads but it's just not the same.

Tomorrow is exactly a month since I went to Disney :sad:, I wonder if I get a Dumbo print...

I think I only rode it once when I was last in Orlando but I liked pretending I was on a flying bike :rotfl2:

I miss Disney World planning...looking at going to Disney Paris for a special event they have in June, they said they will give info on packages soon.....they do know there's only 227 days till the event?! :rotfl2:I had a look on the DLP board here and no posts on it either. Maybe in the UK threads but it's just not the same.

Tomorrow is exactly a month since I went to Disney :sad:, I wonder if I get a Dumbo print...
We arrived in Disney on 9/19, stayed 9 nights, and received the little Dumbo "thank you" print on 10/13. Give it a couple more days. No reason you wouldn't receive one too!

We arrived in Disney on 9/19, stayed 9 nights, and received the little Dumbo "thank you" print on 10/13. Give it a couple more days. No reason you wouldn't receive one too!

I wondered if they send them out internationally. It would be really cool if I do get one though.

The ride is corny but come on it's cute!

Yes I miss the planning part too. So much excitement and then no more planning :sad2::sad2::sad2:

On the Dumbo print I got mine sometime last week. I didn't even know you got something like that til I read other people's posts. I think that's sweet they do that for guests but it does add a sort of bittersweetness to it considering it means yup the trip..it's over...

Trip report is finally started! Please don't feel like you have to read it or even join in if you don't want to but I did say I was going to make one and post a link to it. As of right now it's just the beginning stuff.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/“big-jay-”-“yes-baby-jay-”-“ive-a-feeling-were-not-in-kansas-anymore-”-september-8th-18th-2017-tr.3642910/

The trip report is called “Big Jay?” “Yes Baby Jay?” “I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.”- September 8th-18th 2017 TR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter