Oh heck, I'm actually confused!

Congratulations on your new arrival!!!

Take him!!!!!!!! You will enjoy the trip with him so much more than if you were there with out him and missing him. It's not difficult with a 9-10 month old baby. My DS was 9 1/2 months when we went for New Year's Eve 1999. He endured it better than the grown ups. The trip will be fun, yes different than past trips but still fun. As long as you keep that in mind you'll have a great time. I don't care if children aren't old enough to remember the trip, the point is that they have fun while they are there. I don't remember playing with toys when I was a baby, but I've seen pictures of myself enjoying the toys and having fun. My parents didn't with hold the toys until I was old enough to remember them;)

Good Luck!!

Congratulations on your new arrival!

Since you've been to the World quite a few times, I think you'll be itching to show your baby Mickey's land! I know I couldn't wait to take our DD. She loved every minute and we loved bonding as a family.

I hope your friends can go - this sort of plan worked out great for us last year. It was our DD's first trip (14 months) and our friends had a 2 yo. It was great, we had so much fun.

Like you my husband and I were married 8 years before our first was born, and like you we always went to WDW every year before she was born (we even took a short trip to WDW when I was 32 weeks pregnant. :D )

I say take the kid. If you want to go someplace romantic alone, go somewhere else. Every baby you see will remind you of yours and you will miss him too much. The only thing I wonder about is the time of year you are planning on going, very hot and sometimes crowded, even hurricane weather. Have you been in the end of Aug before? Personaly I never have been, and don't plan on it, so I might not know what I am talking about. (we always go in March or early Dec ). I would worry some about the baby getting too hot or sunburned.

BTW we took our DD when she was 8 1/2 months old. It was a great trip, stayed at Poly and we all loved it. If you do not take any other adults with you, you might want to consider getting a baby sitter one night, we didn't but I kinda wish we had.

Take the baby, 10 days is way to long to be with out him, and you will want to share your love for WDW with him, even when he is a baby. If you do take him I have the name of a great stroller we took that is also a backpack. It was a life saver and great for that age.

Congrats on your baby! I say take him! We were in the 'world' for our sons 1st b-day and he did great! He may not 'actually' remember the trip but my son claims he does(he loved watching video of himself and we made him a baby photo album that he wore out so this is why he 'remembers') :earsboy:
I say that who cares if they will remember......YOU will! And wow what memories we have of his little face lighting up! And he slept well in the stroller (we even have photos of Chip playing with his pacifier as he slept!) so he was less cranky then you would imagine. WDW is geared towards babies(cofort stations,nursing areas,babyswap) so it is the easiest place to take them! We have 4 kids now and I think WDW = Family and now there are 3 in yours! :p
I think a 10 day trip away from him is too long IMHO. I couldn't and wouldn't do it. ;)
Those memories..those photos are priceless!

Ok, I'm 80% vs. 20% planning on him joining us. Yes, I know the weather/crowd situation in June is not ideal, but my wife is a 2nd grade school teacher, so it limits the times of the year in which we can visit. We went in Janurary once & it was awesome (weather wise), but it can't happen anymore. Thanks guys. I want to subject him to all that "MAGIC" as soon as possible...it's going to be a big part of his life from here on out.

We took my DD when she was 5 months old, and we will be going back when she is 11 months old. I don't regret a minute of the last trip, and I can't wait until the upcoming trip. She is at such a great age now - getting excited about music, colors, etc.

I say take him and enjoy your first family vacation at WDW!

--Kathy, Vanessa (10 mo.), and Junebug edd 6/11/03

We honeymooned at WDW for a week. Four years later we took our 12mth old baby boy to Disneyland CA. Because he didn't like Santa Claus I wondered how he would do with the characters. He LOVED Mickey mouse!! Laughed and giggled, got some great pictures. He also enjoyed Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale. I "wore" him in a sling which was a huge help because you can't take strollers in line with you. He was still breastfeeding so no bottles to lug around, just some snacks in the diaperbag. Very easy and well worth it, lifelong memories let me tell you. I do hope the other couple works out so you can get away for a few evenings. I think 10 days would feel like an eternity to the three of you though. Everything you saw you would think to yourself "Oh, he would like that. Wonder what he would think of this? Look at that baby over there smiling at Mickey", it would be pure torture IMO! Best wishes on making your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter