Oh how I've missed the DIS boards!!

Gina

Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
*waves to my fellow DIS oldtimers*

So, my DS and I have been to WDW a crap ton of times, but not since 2012 (I think.) Then not only did it get too expensive for me, but he was also busy finishing high school and getting ready for college. I got married a year and a half ago to a wonderful man who doesn't quite "get" my Disney obsession, but lovingly supports it. <3 I have wanted so badly to get him to WDW, to the place that has shaped me so much and made me the person he loves, but it still wasn't financially possible unless we didn't vacation at all for a few years which didn't appeal to either one of us.

But after a bad car accident last Fall due to someone running a red light, my injury case has finally settled.. and with the desire to make something magical come out of something awful, and I knew immediately what I was doing with part of those funds -- WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! :-D :-D :-D

Not until end of January/beginning of February 2020, because we're huge Star Wars nerds and want to wait until after SWL opens -- But I'm happy for the planning time because so MUCH has changed since I was last there!! I feel like I'm almost starting from scratch. And this trip is going to be at a much different pace than my past ones, so I'm having to tweak previous strategies.

But just knowing not only I'll actually be back there, but that I get to introduce my husband to my happy place, makes me want to jump up on my desk and dance, lol. Can't wait to plan, and so happy to have a real reason to be here at the DIS all the time again!! :-D

-gina-

Sorry to hear about your accident! I'm glad you're okay and I hope you enjoy planning your trip. I find the planning to be a huge part of the fun, and I like to have at least a year. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip!

January 2020 is my date too ...please share if you know of a group for those dates.

Glad ur ok from ur accident .. and headed to Disney. Happy Planning and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter