Oh no, thinking we booked on a bad day in Sept..

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
My hubby and I and my BFF are visiting the parks in September. We only have one day, September 12th and we are staying at RPR on the 12th. We have to leave the next day for Fort Lauderdale for a cruise. I just caught that the Halloween Horror night is on that Thursday. Does this mean we have to leave the park early that day? We only have the one day. I’m so frustrated if this is the case. We planned this last fall and were hoping we had missed the HHN.

My hubby and I and my BFF are visiting the parks in September. We only have one day, September 12th and we are staying at RPR on the 12th. We have to leave the next day for Fort Lauderdale for a cruise. I just caught that the Halloween Horror night is on that Thursday. Does this mean we have to leave the park early that day? We only have the one day. I’m so frustrated if this is the case. We planned this last fall and were hoping we had missed the HHN.

Studios will close at 5pm when HHN is on........IOA will close later, usually 8 or 9pm.

Thanks schumigirl....a big bummer for us for sure. I was purposely trying to avoid HHN. Ugghh...May have to replan something here. Thanks for your help.

Thanks schumigirl....a big bummer for us for sure. I was purposely trying to avoid HHN. Ugghh...May have to replan something here. Thanks for your help.

You’re very welcome........that’s a shame.......

It is starting early this year, usually you’d miss it on the 12th......hope you get something sorted you’ll be happy with......:)

We land at 4:30pm on 9/11. I wonder if they sell a half day ticket or after 4pm type ticket that we could get some time in on Wednesday. If so, thenThursday might not be such a bust. We have already bought our 1 day 2 park ticket only planning one day at the park.

We land at 4:30pm on 9/11. I wonder if they sell a half day ticket or after 4pm type ticket that we could get some time in on Wednesday. If so, thenThursday might not be such a bust. We have already bought our 1 day 2 park ticket only planning one day at the park.

Yep, no half day or late day tickets......

You could start the day in the Studios and move over to IOA mid to late afternoon and stay till close.

Should make the best of your day that way and having the park to park is the best way to do it........

Thanks Schumigirl. If the Studios open at 8am according to the USF webpage, is this the park that will have EE? So that park really will open at 7AM or do I just need more coffee? Remember, it’s been 8 years since we have been to the USF parks.

Thanks for all guidance.

If the Studios open at 8am according to the USF webpage, is this the park that will have EE? So that park really will open at 7AM or do I just need more coffee? Remember, it’s been 8 years since we have been to the USF parks.

Yep, in the past, the Studios side opens at 7 a.m.

One thing to keep in mind (I know it caught us by surprise on our first September trip) is that the hotel restaurants don't change their opening time based on when the parks open. So when we were staying at Cabana Bay, the diner wasn't open although Starbucks was (with a long line). if we had know that, we would have planned ahead and picked up breakfast foods at our grocery stop. The Starbucks in the park was open and amazingly didn't have as long of a line as the one at the hotel. We wound up doing a light breakfast and an earlier lunch to accommodate.

Thanks Sandam1, this is very helpful. Actually, we will be changing hotels early that morning. We are staying the first night we land at the Doubletree (great place!) then early on Thursday, we are heading over to Royal Pacific to get our express passes. We are military so we already have our tickets and we are planning to pick up breakfast at the DT before we depart there. I told the troops be ready at 0600 hours that day! We only have 1 day....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter